Glimpse

Close Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Glimpse:

A woman was walking down the busy streets of Seoul, like a mad man, holding a pack of coffees on her right hand and talking on the phone with her left. She was on work attire seemed busy running like crazy with high heels passing by strangers, apologizing if she pushed someone but other than that she didn’t care if the person she passed by was a past high school classmate, ex-lover, or a total stranger. She needed to be at work before 8:00 or her boss was going to snap at her… again.

“Yes, Mrs. Kim I am on my way, yes I’ll pick the samples on the way.” She said again and again to reassure the woman from the other side that she was indeed going to get what she asked.

“Don’t be late, I have a meeting in less than two hours and I need those samples plus my coffee.” The arrogant voice said once more just to make her point.

Ever since that devil woman fired more than 6 capable women from the assistant’s position, in less than two weeks Hanna’s life became a hell. She was a Marketing Director for ’s sake, why on earth did she has to do all this extra work that is not her assignment anyway. She knew that the CEO Mrs. Kim Sohee trusted her more than she expected and she also knew that if the CEO favors you then you are lucky because Hannah had more pros than cons, but she still hated that she had to go back and forth while she was busy with her own department. They were about to lounge a new series of glasses and the projects were coming and going, she was in and out of meetings the whole day while she also stayed until late at night to supervise the work she didn’t have time to do because Mrs. Kim asked for something or she needed her e-mails, or stupid coffee.

She was already waking up before 6:00 just to prepare her presentation, take a bath and then proceed on buying that wench’s the coffee she oh so much desired. Like now, she was supposed to only go and pick the samples, but no bring her the coffee she wanted to taste so much…

She needed to find a new assistant fast, it was an SOS situation.

She slept less than 4 hours for the past 2 months thanks to her busy schedule and now she didn’t have time to even go to the toilet. She felt like she was suffocating, the stress of the past few days, the projects and now this, just because that arrogant, devil, inhuman woman couldn’t find someone that fitted her needs. Only now Hannah understood why some got fired and some quitted on their own, this was way too much to handle.

“Hannah are you even listening to me?” The woman asked impatiently from the other side of the phone.

“Huh? Um, yes I’m listening.” Hannah answered totally out of it.

What did she say?

“Then I expect you to be here in less than 20 minutes and ready to discuss about the project.” The woman said and hung up without even waiting for a reply.

Hannah groaned.

“20 minutes?” She groaned. “As if I can be there in 20 minutes.” She complained to no one in particular.

She turned left to go take the samples of the new pair of glasses they were about to lounge. With every step a curse left , she was way more than mad and way into her period to think straight, all she asked for was for a day off to sleep the pain away and a pack full of chocolate- cookies ice cream. Why to her? And why today out of all the days of this month!!!

She finally arrived in front of a grey building with many windows, looking very pale and very exhausted, but still beautiful. People coming in or going out of the building, she didn’t wait for long, she checked once more to see if she had her work ID card on her blouse with her info and position in it, after making sure she had everything she needed she walked confidently forgetting the pain and all and just hurried in the building.

The moment she pushed the door to get in, another tall handsome male with a suit, holding a phone on his hands and a man behind him walked out.

She didn’t give it much thought, he was another stranger, but she felt a small electrify feeling on her hand where the man accidentally touched her when he passed by. She slowed her pace looked at her hand and then she slowly turned her head to the man’s direction. 

Her eyes scanned to find his face quickly she had less than 8 seconds before he could feel her eyes on him and turn to see her staring at him. Only the side of his profile could be seen, strong jaw line and small straight nose that gave him a more boyish attitude, the other man that was with him didn’t matter to her at all, she simply focused her eyes on him for a second that seemed ages and then turn her face front while closing her eyes for a brief second to recollect herself feeling a bit dazed not g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter