• Introduction •

Down the Rabbit-Hole and into...Candy-Land?

 

Introduction


               You woke up to the unpleasant sight of dark gloomy clouds. Wearily, you got (more like fell) out of bed, and went on with your daily routine. Brushing your teeth, you dragged your body down the stairs, and was greeted by the “comforting” sound of your phone ringing.

               Ughhh, it must be mom… Forcing yourself to answer the call, you lifted the device to your ears, only for them to be blasted off, with the loud shrieking of your mother.

“DARLING! Honey! Are you fine with your new apartment? Your father and I were planning on buying you a larger one, but since you insisted on this one, we bought it for you, but were getting quite worried about you and your lifestyle choices!”

               “Mother,” you paused, “Please calm down, there’s no need to worry. I’m PERFECTLY fine, it’s not like the apartment is small or anything. Also, I’m a grown woman now, and I can handle everything.” You knew that your parents loved you dearly, maybe even a bit TOO much, but they might have gone too far this time.

               “But, honey…” your mother whined, “…you haven’t called your father or I, in an entire WEEK! We can’t help but worry! You’re so young…”

               “Mother. First off, I called you like, 6 hours ago when you, along with dad, called to check on me at 11 PM to see if I was asleep! Second, as I just said before, I’M A GROWN WOMAN! I need to learn how to be independent! For heaven sakes! I’m like...”

               “-23,” she cut in.

               “Yes, as I was going to say, I’m 23. I can handle everything by myself,” you practically yelled. Realizing how strong your tone became and how quiet the atmosphere was, you lowered your tone, “…Mother, I know that you and father worry about me, but, I’m not the little porcelain doll that I was when I was younger…” you paused, “…you guys need to let me grow and find my way through life by myself. But, that doesn’t mean that I don’t love you guys, because no matter what, you’ll always be my loving parents.”

               “Honey, that was really sweet,” she paused, “ but, I’ll be honest, that was really cheesy,” and she burst out giggling. You could hear, no SEE, your mother giggling like a little girl, a childish grin plastered on her face. But, in time, you too, couldn’t help but laugh, and in no time, both of you two were clutching your stomachs, laughing (for no reason).

               “Oh, sweet pea, I forgot to ask…”, said your mother, “…don’t you have an important meeting about your little Candy shop?”

               With that, you suddenly realized that you had an important meeting scheduled for your candy shop called, ‘The Sweet Tooth.’ “Shoot, shoot, shoot!” you cried, “Sorry mom, I’ve got to hang up, I have some business things to deal with! Love you! Bye! Oh! And by the way, it’s not a little candy shop!” You then proceeded to hang up, and run upstairs to change.

               You hurriedly threw on a white blouse and a black pencil-skirt (the picture at the top, A/N-btw, I know NOTHING about fashion, so…), brushed your hair, and skipped down the stairs. Unplugging your phone and putting all your stuff (including your all-important laptop) in your tote-purse, you then, slipping on some flats, locked the door, and headed out.

               Pushing open the apartment building door, you hurriedly called a taxi. Damn, why did I have to wait to leave at 7:30. Luckily, a taxi paused, and you quickly jumped in. “Take me to 1787 Garugo-sil Street…and please be quick!”

 (A/N- I just made the address up, although “Garugo-sil Street” is an actual place.)


 

(A little over an hour later)

               You were practically skipping out of the giant building behind you. Your eyes sparkled with joy, as you had just passed your first-ever “business deal.” Many investors, and angel investors/venture capitalist, were willing to capitalize for your shop, as you managed to win over with your charm and skilled planning/etc. You had also managed to strike a deal with some suppliers, and more importantly buy the building, you were eyeing at for the longest time.

               Calling a taxi, you traveled home to review and revise your business plans. Your dream was finally coming true!

               I can’t wait till opening day!


Author’s Note

               Hey! The first update is up! Hope you enjoyed! I’ll try to update soon! Fighting!

               Love- Dragongirl27               10/14/2016

https://media.giphy.com/media/OXJG4XTI41JXa/giphy.gif