Chapter Two

Ready To Run ~Vkook~

"Where to go, where to go?" I thought as I was waiting to cross the busy street. I looked down at my phone focusing hard on trying to read what the time said. It was kind of difficult when your screen is cracked. I looked closer and it read 11:30 pm, I decided to call a family friend that lived close by. It was late but I know they'd help me out. They had no kids so I was kind of like their son. I jogged across the street and continued walking until I reached the familiar yellow house. I knocked softly on the door until Mrs.Oh answered wearing the soft pink robe I got her for her birthday.

"Ah Jungkook what brings you here so late, is it your father again?" she asks motioning me in. I nod my head yes as I follow her into the kitchen. I'd usually come here after school or whenever my dad would yell at me.The Oh's were more of a family than my dad was to me.

"Hey son what's up?" Mr.oh greets me a concerned look on his face. It felt nice to have people that actually cared for you.

"My dad..." I trailed off. I looked back down at my lap and played with my fingers. Mr.Oh patted my back then took the seat next to me.

"Just remember that if you need anything just come and tell us." Mr.Oh told me as Mrs.Oh took the seat in front of us. She handed me a class of water.

"Thank you." I took a sip sitting the water on the coaster.

"You're welcome, and you're more than welcome to stay here until you find a place." She smiled a genuine smile something I haven't seen in awhile.

I yawned as we sat and talked at the table. I hadn't been asleep yet and it was finally catching up with me. My eyes fluttered shut and I was out.