Part III

[MARKJIN] How bad can it be.

CAUTIONS: For all the readers that have followed this fanfic, please check the 2nd chapter again as I have edited it a bit longer. It turns out this chapter is equal to the previous 2 combined >o< So I divided them a little more. Sorry for your inconvenience! Hope you'll enjoy the story~ And I recommend you to listen to 'Lights go on again' - Beast (the lyrics of this song really suits the chapter) while reading this =^^=

------------------------------------------------------

Setting the song list on repeat, Mark once again threw himself to the dance moves, not caring about the ache from his already bruised leg from yesterday, or the burning pain on his head. He just had to let it out somehow. The wrong flips didn’t even make him feel angry anymore, he was far over the edge of caring. Now they just made him feel more and more hopeless.

What if he will never be able to perform the flips properly again? What if he can never be more talkative in front of the camera? People had been talking about ‘a quiet person in the group that doesn’t seem to catch attentions’. What if Jinyoung doesn’t really care about Mark as much as he’d cared about him. What if this chaos feeling won’t go away? And Jinyoung won’t be there to comfort him?

The thought gave Mark a sudden overflow of weekness, and exhaustion immediately hit him, every inches on his body shouted to stop in pain, he stumbled across the floor, panting heavily. The red head brought his arm across his face to cover his eyes vulnerably, squeezing them tight, his head hurting more than ever.

Maybe it was time he eat something and take some pain killer. Then the red head realized he didn’t have any food for the whole day, and although he still didn’t feel like eating anything, the empty feeling from his growling stomach is quite disturbing.

It was never in his intention to hide his problems from the group. But when it comes to MAT, a sense of responsibility took over him, something he’d never experienced before being a member of GOT7. Mark was the one to be in charge of MAT, how could he make them worried by saying he was fooling around with one of his only duties? Mark can handle stress well, but he need a place to rest, somewhere he can calm his mind and pick himself up afterwards to deal with his problems again.

But Jinyoungie…      

A small buzz rang in the middle of the song blasting from the volume set, and Mark picked up his phone to see. It was Youngjae.

“Hm” The read head hummed lightly.

“Hyung… It’s me. Where are you? We’re about to go out for dinner, are you coming back to the dorm to join us?”

“Ani, I’m having a headache, I don’t think I want to go to loud places. You guys just go ahead, I’ll have something at home by myself.”

“A-Are you sure you’re ok hyung? I mean..” Youngjae stuttered.

Mark smiled at the other side of the phone, he knew the boy must be feeling guilty for saying things at the show today.

He was worrying too much again. Indeed Mark felt offended at first, but the younger was only saying the truth. They were all close of course, but with Youngjae’s late arrival as a JYP trainee and Mark’s quiet nature, they didn’t have the chance to bond as two persons before debute. But as cheesy as it may sound, they were already destined to be together like a family, and it was only a matter of time before you get really close and used to a family member. Mark made a mental note to spend more time with Youngjae in his head, as he chuckled in reassurance.

“Really, I’m fine Youngjae ah, just a headache, don’t think too much. Tell the guys to have fun. I’ll make sure I have my share some other time.”

Youngjae’s voice seem brighter with relief after hearing those words.

“Sure you will. Then hyung, take some medicine and have a good rest ok? Byeieeee”

“Hmm~”

Mark lightly touched and massaged his ankle. A number of light twisting can result in a not so light sprained ankle. In times like these, Mark really wishes he can see his family, listening to his dad’s warm and understanding voice, laying on his mother’s lap like a child, and hearing the teases from his siblings… Looking around once more at the empty dance room, Mark got up and slowly leave the building to head home.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the dorm, Mark couldn’t help but felt a bit more at warmth, both from the heater that everyone left for him before they went out, and from the peaceful sense of belongingness.

It wasn’t much, but compared to that wide practice room, their little dorm that was filled with laughter and care, clearly helped Mark more with what he needed at the moment. He suddenly felt slightly guilty for shutting out the members lately, for feeling this bad and down when he should have enjoyed each and every second they were together, like he always did.

Mark wandered around the kitchen for sometime, just to come to a conclusion that he’ll have ramen and some piece of bread. Once finished making the ramen, the red head seated himself in front of the tv, watching whatever that was on and proceeded to eat his food robotically, with not so many tastebuds.

Another 20 minutes wandering around the house like a little turtle, Mark came to his second conclusion: they were out of medicine.

Mark hugged his pillow that he bought to the sofa earlier with him to his bedroom, and dropped freely down to his mattress. After texting Jackson to buy him some meds on the way home, he threw his phone aside and closed his eyes, ready to have a rest.

He didn’t even feel bad about it, he was used to his poor luck these days. Other than that, with his tiredness, Mark was reacting to everything kinda slow that night, and to be honest, he intended to keep it that way. The red head vaguely thought to himself, to avoid anymore pumping on his forehead, it was best to live like a jelly (which Jinyoung just told them the other day that has no brain or a heart) until he get’s his treatment.

So in that blurry state of half asleep, about 20 minutes later, Mark felt a tingly sense of someone entering his room.

There are plastic bags? Something’s rustling… scent of…. Jasmine, and New Book…

Uhm.. Jinyoungie… wait what??? 

Mark snap opened his eyes. He can make out that special scent anywhere, even before his brain actually works from his sleep. As expected, the face of it’s owner was bending down to look at him amusingly. Mark nearly jumped out of his mattress.

“Holly !”

Mark inched away, holding his chest.

“Heol, how could you tell it was me hyung?? You didn’t even open your eyes! Daebak~”

Mark scoffed and covered his blanket to hide his face. Jinyoung smiled playfully seeing his ears with the color of his hair revealed through a pile of blanket. The younger decided not to tease the pile of blanket anymore and tugged the round thing with his hands.

“Mark hyuuung~ You have to get up to take your medicine~ C’mon!~”

The pile rolled around itself even tighter and muffled.

“Go away.”

“Ayyy hyung, are you still angry?”

“No. Go away.”

“We can do it now if you want. I said we’ll do it when I come back didn’t I?”

“No. Go away.”

“Ok. You can be angry with me but can you just drink your meds?”

“No. Go away.”

“Fine, I’ll go, but I’ll put it here, so later on remember to take them ok?”

“Just go away.”

“Aish this hyung!!!”

Jinyoung wined annoyingly and kicked the stupid pile of blanket. This hyung can be so childish sometimes, even though he acts all cool and quiet most of the time (that makes the fans crazy about him, and Jinyoung has to admit it is one of his charms)

There was an almost instant “Ah!” from the pile, and the figure inside loosen the blanket to roll his body like a shrimp . The sound was small through the covers, but Jinyoung still caught it. He quickly unwrapped the blanket that was already loose around Mark, and grabbed the leg that he was hugging. His ankle was exposed, all swollen and in a concerning shade of purple from the bruises spread on it.

“Sorry hyung! I forgot…”

Jinyoung said softly while massaging his foot (carefully avoid the sensitive skin on his ankle) , voice slightly shaking. Mark didn’t know how to react at the moment, seeing the boy so tender and even guilty, the read head couldn’t bring himself to say another ‘Go away’.

Jinyoung was still silently holding Mark’s foot, and then he turned to grab the plastic bag he brought in.

“Sorry” he said again “But really hyung, you should be more careful with yourself.” Jinyoung continued, while taking from the bag a brand new Ankle support.

And then it hit Mark. 

“Wait, how did you…”

Mark stared at Jinyoung like he was an alien, making the younger giggled softly.

“Ayyyy, this hyung. Only dummies like the maknaes and Jackson would not see it obvious that you never wear socks in our dorm like these past days. And even though you naturally move around like a turtle, I’m pretty sure you don’t have the habit of walking with your right leg limp.”

 The boy said, carefully putting the band around Mark’s foot, biting his lips full of concentration not to hurt his hyung’s alarming ankle. Then another thing hit Mark.

“Hold on, JAEBUM also knew???”

“Not really, he was suspecting, but when I asked him where I could buy sports injury stuffs then he knew right away. We had some talks about it, since he is more familiar with where to buy these things, you know, B-Boy. And of course he was worried too so, yeah.”

"Wait, so this afternoon when you were finding your wallet and said you 'really had to go with Jaebum', it was for..."

"Yep, we fianlly chose which brand I wanted to buy and where to buy them so I just wanted to have it as soon as possible. After that we met the group at the restaurant."

Mark felt dumbfound. He didn’t know his walking was showing it off, because he was positive it was only a tiny bit slower and maybe sometimes more delicate. Mark was also surprised Jaebum didn’t attack him with questions and lectures. And most of all, the red head was certainly touched by his favourite dongsaeng’s care. He heard no screams and yells outside so the younger must have gotten home before the group.

“But then again, doesn’t Jinyoung always know who is paining where? And the socks thingy wasn’t that hard to make out. What’s so special here?”

Mark settled his stubborn mind with this and try to ease down his feelings, decided that he shouldn’t be surprised.

“Ok! There you go, I’ve chosen a very light and comfortable one for you hyung, it can probably be your sock too, so you don’t have to change in and out much, saves the trouble. And now..”

Just when Mark thought it was over, Jinyoung tugged his sweat pants to his knees, and took out from the bag a Knee support band. Now Mark made a good look at the brand on it, the same one with the Ankle support, expensive enough for him to never favor himself with such small issues .“Ok this is getting weird.”

“Park Jinyoung, do you have the ability to see through or something? Because this is-”

“You have this habit of fixing your Knee support everytime you land a flip, hyung. You will touch it through your pants, even just a little, to make sure they’re secured. Lately you haven’t been doing that, so I figured you might have lost it.” Jinyoung smiled.

Mark was speechless. Knowing someone’s habit that well, it’s not only cautious of changes, it has to be close observation and care in everyday life, specially those habits that he didn't even know himself. Does Jinyoung have 6 pair of eyes to watch each one of them that carefully? Or is it only with…

“You idiot, you’ve been going out for extra practice right? I knew it, suddenly getting all these injuries, even your knee is like this. From now on no more ‘going out for a walk’ unless it’s with me.” Jinyoung glared at Mark, mother instinct clearly arised because he was talking informal again.

“Because you seem busy these days so I thought…” The eldest fiddled with the blanket, voice coming out like a mosquitoes’ with a hint of sulking, totally lost the cool and collective tone he intended to treat Jinyoung with.

“Paboya. We might not find a time for Korean lessons, but you can always talk to me anytime right? Also, no need to be stressed about your MAT hyung, I’m sure my Mark hyung will do just fine, as long as he stop being an idiot and hurt himself~ Me and Jaebum hyung was very worried, I’m glad he wasn’t a psycho and let me handle it this time though. I guess he knows I have a better way with you.” Jinyoung chuckled, showing his adorable crinkles.

The ‘my Mark hyung’ and the distinctive Park-Jinyoung-smile struck him like hot chocolate, poured right into the read head’s heart and then traveled through his whole body. Mark felt an instant overwhelming sensation, that made him feel like sinking deep into his soft mattress, and at the same time lift him up floating as light as a feather. He was sure if it wasn’t for the stupid headache, he would be giggling and smiling like a maniac right now.

Seeing Mark’s dumb expression, the younger just hold in his laugh and handed him the pill and a glass of water. Mark, who was still reacting slower than ever, received it robotically and drank the medicine. It was only after he finished it, the hyung finally looked back up at Jinyoung, this time with a hazy grin.

“Thanks, Ji-nyeongie.”

Jinyoung’s eyes widen at his bright smile, and then he gave a toothy grin back to Mark. “Jinyoungie huh? This idiot’s finally not sulking with me anymore.”

The younger then moved to lay his back against the wall with a soft pillow to support, and pat on his thighs.

“C’mon hyung, if you’re too tired to have Korean lessons, how about letting me read you a book? I’m in the middle of reading one, and this book is awesome! I told Jackson to stay with the maknaes tonight so I can sleep with you instead!” He said enthusiastically.

“Oh please Park Jinyoung, I’d like to have Korean lessons with you doesn’t mean I can be patient enough to listen to one of your philosophy books.” Mark rolled his eyes, trying to look uninterested while setting himself to rest his head on the boy’s lap. How can he possibly say no to that?

“Ah jeongmal, I’m only reading the few pages of it for you to fall asleep, duh. Judging by the black rings around your eyes I bet you didn’t get enough sleep, so be thankful for my boring book!” Jinyoung lightly hit his shoulders.
 Mark smiled like and idiot with his eyes closed, so ready to listen to the voice that he had been missing so much. Finally, like an answer to his longing, Jinyoung began to read. His voice peacefully embrace their silence, just like what Mark remembered. The read head happily sunk into his warm voice, wondering what was all his trouble about just 15 minutes ago.
 “.. A beautiful song called ‘Landslide’. When we got out of the tunnel, Sam screamed this really fun scream, and there it was. Downtown. Lights on buildings and everything that makes you wonder. Sam sat down and started laughing. Patrick started laughing. I started laughing..”
He realized they were way too small and cliché, he had Jaebum to watch out for him, he had Jackson to play around with, his adorable dongsaengs to cheer him up, fans that will always support and silently protect him. And most importantly this very moment, his lovely Jinyoung to lean on, this voice that keeps him fighting, Whatever it is out there, how bad can it be? 
This is all that I needed.. 
Mark slowly drift off to a deep sleep on Jinyoung's lap, his voice still lingering in the elder's ears. 

And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.

- THE END -

Finally! This was sooo fun to write, I really appriciate every moment, just like Mark did in this story ^^ I wanted to post this on a special ocassion, but screw that because I couldn't find one :p Let's consider it a late present for 1000 days with GOT7! Also, the book Jinyoung was reading at the end was 'The perks of being a wallflower'. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the story ^^ 

I'm currently working on a new story, setting up the ideas. This one probably will be shorter, but I'll try my best to make it worth reading! Hopefully I can present it to you guys soon :))

Lot's of love <3