Part I

[MARKJIN] How bad can it be.

“Ugh! Just. Great!”

A loud thud echoed through the almost empty dance practice room, as Mark hissed in his mother language through heavy breaths. He was starting to get fed up with each time he’d fail to land properly without stumbling or twisting his ankle.

Mark didn’t understand why, it was a simple cartwheel and a few flips that he had practiced for oh so many times. But during this past month he was pretty sure the number of times he got it wrong was increasing non-stop. Luckily when Mark started to mess it up, it was already near the end of their promotion for Girls Girls Girls.

But he still managed to make some of the last stages count. Just about last week on Inkigayo, when Mark was so frustrated and determined to get the flip decently, when he finally got it right the micro wrapped on his torso just had to swing off very unfashionally in front of the camera. Probably because the red head was flipping too forcefully, due to his impatience.

Mark was not the type to get stressed out and mess up his work just because of some special events such as performing in front of the crowd. He was more of a calm and collected person, he can be nervous but he was always so focus on what he had to do that it barely effects the result. But maybe this time, Mark didn’t see it coming.

It was quite a bit more than just any ‘special event’, it was their debute, something they'd been waiting for so so long. It wasn’t just him anymore, it was his whole group, it was GOT7. And even now when their promotion was over, they were still rookies, and would have to perform on who knows how many more stages in other musical events to spread their name. Yet he had to start spinning like a yo yo everytime he hit the ground.

The members barely noticed this. During their last days of promotion, they usually practiced the song lightly and skipped most of the MAT routine. Well, HE skipped it, Mark would do MAT once or twice during practice, and of course it would fail. After those few times the eldest would ignore it, and the members didn’t really bother.

To them, it was only one or two times Mark did it slightly imperfect. But oh, they didn’t know just how many times Mark actually got it wrong, when they were NOT there. Although it was a slight imperfection, but when it happened again and again and AGAIN, it was making him feel pissed. The feeling kept boiling inside him, higher and higher with every time he tumbles after a flip. The uneasiness grew into haste and frustration, which drew him even further mistakes.

So there he was, alone in the practice room, panting like a wrecked mess after more than an hour of dancing and flipping non-stop. And to his dismay, not only the flips were wrong, even the dance moves were starting to get startled every now and then. He didn’t know if it was because of exhaustion or because of his anger, but surely it was not making him feel any better.

He nearly lost all feelings to his limbs, his legs were slightly shaking, he’d practiced until they couldn’t help him bounce up into the air anymore. Looking down on his own numb legs with bruised ankle and knee, he took a deep sign and got up, packed his belongings to leave after a rough 30 minutes of catching his breath.

-------------------------------------------------

Stepping on the stair case, Mark could already hear Jackson’s hyena laugh ringing through the door. Along with the two maknaes' loud footsteps, chasing each other around, and Youngjae’s rediculous power vocal, furiously singing the song Pororo.

Oh well, they are kids after all. Now I feel like an old gramps having nothing fun to do with his lif- Ooof!”

As soon as Mark steps in, a pillow flew across the room and hit him straight in the face. The red head closed his eyes, trying hard not to be unreasonably crazy in front of the dongsaengs, and opened them again when the pillow dramatically drops from his face. It didn’t help when Jackson’s hyena laugh got even more intense, chocking furiously and Mark wouldn’t be surprised if his spit made its way from the couch to the doorstep where he was standing.

“Mark hyung! I’m sooo sorry. BamBam was so dumb he couldn’t catch it. Anyway, where have you been hyung? You were gone for almost 2 hours”

Yugyeom grinned, still high from their fun that he missed the spark of annoyance from their gentle hyung, who never really get bothered over their noisiness, unlike Jaebum and Jinyoung.

“Hey, blame everything on me when you didn’t even hear him say he went our for a walk.” BamBam rolled his eyes.

“Again hyung? You are quite into walking these days? You went out 2-3 times every week already.”

“Woahh” Jackson giggles, blinking the tears away from his eyes “Markie-poo said he needs to keep fit for his muscles, to show his abs” Jackson said, winking in a way he thought to be y towards the dongsaengs.

“Wow, daebak hyung! I didn’t know you were interested in showing abs like Jackson?” Youngjae asked him wide-eyed, half surprised, half amused.

“It’s only been 2 weeks Yugyeom ah. And no, I’m not interested. But I do MAT remember, I need to keep fit for THAT Jackson. Anyway, I’m going to get some snacks.”

The hyung said blendly, and stroll across the living room to the kitchen, leaving the 4 behind, as they shrugged and continue to make a mess of their dorm. The kids were so used to his lack of words that sometimes they’d forgot to pay attention to his change of attitude. After all, their hyung often get lost in his own world.

Mark looked through the kitchen to get some cold pancakes from the morning. It was 9:30 in the evening, and he hadn’t had any dinner yet, but he didn’t even bother, only wanting to fill his empty stomach with whatever he found.

“Oh Mark hyung, you’re back! You missed our take away chicken, we left some for you in the microwave.” Jinyoung smiled as he walk into the kitchen, speaking in his usual Omma voice, along with a childish tone he always add in when he spoke to his hyungs or when he was messing with the kids.

“Ah, really? Thanks. So, what about our Korean lessons Jinyoung? It’s not too late now, we can still do it in my room.”

“Uhm, mian, hyung. I agreed to go through some lyrics with Jaebum hyung yesterday. And since you were out and I didn’t know when you’d be back, we’ve just decided to start now. Maybe tomorrow after our schedule hyung? I promise~” Jinyoung said apologetically.

“Again. Right, why am I surprised.” Mark interally sign in depression.

“Yeah, it’s fine. You two go ahead, I’ll go to my room now.” The red head shrugged, tried not to sound hurt and quickly went pass Jinyoung to his share room with Jackson (who often stay up late in the maknaes’ room to play and sleep these days).

“Yah hyung, you’re not taking the chicken with you?” Jinyoung asked behind his back. Voice chasing after the red head.

“No thanks, I had pancakes” Mark said and shut the door behind him. He can hear the chirping from the 4 troublemakers outside.

“Woah! Jinyoung hyung! Can we have it instead?”

“Yah stop Kunpimook, you just ate few hours ago you pigg. Leave that for Mark hyung for tomorrow morning!”

“Ewwwww. Stop calling me by that name Kim Yugyeom, gives me chills. And I’m growing. I need to eat ok.”

Mark ignored the chicken fight outside and fell on his mattress, not wanting to move another muscle. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phewwww that's a first :)) This is not the first story I wrote, but it is my first time posting on asianfanfic, and my first Markjin fic too. I had the idea long in my head, but I finally sit down to write this time~ Hope you'll like it. Please remind me if I have any mistake, since English isn't my first language~ 

Give your thoughts in the comments and I'll update soon~

Love love ^^