Sea of Red

Some Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi had never been too fond of alcohol. 

Maybe it was its bitter taste...or perhaps it was because of the unpleasant memories which simply reminded her of almost dying from drinking too many soju bottles. 

Or...maybe it was because of the hazy memories of waking up in unexpected places next to unexpected people without a memory of what happened during the night.

She shuddered at the memories of all those phone numbers scribbled on scraps of paper or business cards which had eventually found its way to the trash.

Simply put, Seulgi wasn't that great with peer pressure, but when you are a leader sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and lead the way.

She chuckled as she reminiscened those joyful days of her and them toasting to each other and the clashes of their mugs as they happily drunk.

Her back leaned against the wall as she crossed her arms and stared blankly at the lively bar, letting out a bitter smile.

She quietly watched the scores of people enjoying a warm, hearty dinner as she walked back to the bar counter to get ready and serve the next round of drinks.

However, at the sight of figures gently swirling their wine glasses at the counter, slowly savouring the taste of what she'd hoped was red liquor, she remembered the cryptic words of the bar house owner.

And when she remembered what the contents of the drink possibly was she belched.

Gross. 

She gave the calm bartender serving those incorrigible drinks a massive stink eye which gifted her a smug grin from Yoon Bomi in return.

She scoffed.

How did I even get into this predicament?

 

..........................Flashback to two days ago..........................

 

"So...Red Wine...White Wine...Champagne...Beer...and Vodka?"

Seulgi counted her fingers as she struggled to remember the fancy names and descriptions of the mixes, cocktails that Chorong had droned off to in her tour of the Velvet Fusion Bar's underground alcohol chamber.

"I...I did go further into my descriptions of each drink and their mixes...but...yes...you are not wrong..." 

Chorong pinched the bridge of her nose. 

Wendy was right...I suppose a job as a waiter or security guard is what would fit most...

"And what about those fridges in the back?"

Seulgi pointed to three suspicious fridges in the deepest corner of the chamber which were shrouded with an ominous, dark atmosphere which practically screamed danger.

Chorong raised an eyebrow at Seulgi's questioning gaze.

Well Wendy certainly does have a good eye for interesting people.

"Ah...you sure are observant and have especially good...eyesight...Lets just say that a special family secret resides there. Sort of like the secret recipe to KFC and all if that will satisfy your curiosity."

Chorong smiled at the unusually calm figure in front of her.

"Yeah..." 

A dangerous hue of blue flickered across Seulgi's eyes.

Not. Good. 

In less than a millisecond, Chorong found herself pinned to the wall.

"...but WHY can I smell blood reeking from there."

Seulgi calmly yet menacingly questioned the bar owner, furious at the thought of this establishment serving innocent lives as delicacies.

But just as she was about to receive an answer from the seemly unfrightened bar owner, a new and unexpected force tackled her body straight into the wall, the sheer impact of the tackle denting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter