First Encounter

Some Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vampires.

They've co-existed with humans for thousands of years.

Though most humans continue to remain oblivious of this fact, the ocassional mishap would leave behind evidence of their existence.

But the belief that such creatures existed easily drifted away along with those that found out.

Those who persisted or succeeded in understanding their existence were rewarded with a quick, painless death. 

Vampires were meticulous and careful. And if one were to accidentally slip up, then another would ensure that their secret would be carefully maintained.

After all, life wouldn't be nearly as fun if everybody knew about their existence.

And naturally, the newer ones tended to find it more difficult to control or harness their own thirst and powers, leading to these slip ups.

It was simple.

The one's who were not able to control themselves were disposed of. 

The one's who created a ruckus were cleaned up by the more mature ones along with the messes they made.

It was a nice way of keeping their population in check, and ensuring that there was an abundant source of food supply.

And as time passes through swiftly, so did their capabilities to pass off as more human-like.

Blood, a vampire's lifeline was abundant and exclusive vampire bars existed within all major cities under the guise of a typical human one.

It was an easily accessible reward for those who could control themselves well.

170 years.

It was hardly anything compared to the more experienced ones of her kind but maybe that was what compelled her to strengthen her mentality.

She enjoyed the thrill, the challenge of being able to hold herself back from lunging at humans, such easy prey. 

And being able to pretend to be someone she was not certainly entertained her.

Just like right now.

"Good morning, I will be your substitute lecturer for today as Professor Lee has unfortunately come down with a cold. So please treat me well."

Irene gave a small bow to the squealing and applauding students before her.

"I think I'm gonna faint. 2 hours with the hottest lecturer in the world?!"

"She smiled at me! Did you see?!"

"Dude! Wake up and come up to the upper campus main building, Professor Bae is our substitute!"

She chuckled at the sight of the students fawning over her. 

Oh if only you knew what I really am. 

Just as she was about to start her lecture, her movements were halted temporarily by the abrupt sound of hurried footsteps growing nearer into her direction at an unusually fast pace.

Hm? Somebody's pretty fast...must be a new one... She mused.

However, at the sound of the door opening, her eyes travelled towards a sloppy figure which quickly scrambled to sit next to her friend, plopping down exhaustedly onto the table without sparing her a glance and getting into a comfortable position to sleep?

Her eyebrow's knitted at the sight before her.

Vampires do NOT sleep. 

Maybe it was just my imagination then...

Although she wasn't the type to take her job seriously it still irked her that a latecomer to class would have the audacity to sleep in her lecture.

She shrugged off her irritation as she opened the textbook and began going through the coming week's content.

But to her annoyance, a foreign smell soon reached her nose causing it to scrunch up cutely.

What...is that? She stealthily turned around to catch a glimpse of her students who seemed to be blissfully unaware of this strange smell.

Weird. 

She could smell vague traces of blood, yet she oddly felt kind of sick in the stomach rather than thirsty from it.

And adding to her frustration, the soft sound of snoring travelling from the back of the class interrupted her minor trance, causing her to continue on with the lesson with a slight hint of annoyance evident in her goddess-like features.

 

---------

 

"If there are no more questions, then that will be all for today." Irene announced to the cheers of her class who were once again applauding her for her great lecture in comparison to Professor Lee's montonous and boring classes.

As the students began to file out of the lecture hall, a worried figure attempted to wake up her best friend.

"Seul, wake up, the lectures over now." Wendy gently nudged the sleeping bear. 

"You really should sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter