VI.

When the Sun Rose

 Yunho tensed as he saw him. It didn't take time for him to realize what was going on either. Yunho wasn't sure what to do, should he shake his hand, or should he hug him? Possibly a punch to the mouth?

 "How's it going?" Yoochun asked, dusting off his sleeve. "Sorry about the attitude."

 Yunho chuckled, "It's fine." He looked out into the scenery, it was almost noon and the sun could barely be seen. He must've been walking around forever but the strong winds couldn't even affect his feelings. "Happy anniversary." he mumbled.

 "Shut up and just hug me hyung," Yoochun retorted. Yunho didn't even register what the younger said until Yoochun embraced him.

 "It feels nice being in your arms again."

 "I know it's been a while but we're not in love."

 And even if Chun was teasing, it only made him hug Yunho tighter. Emotions flooded from the hug from the past two years. What they didn't say and what they should have.

 "We should probably let go before people recognize us," Chun whispered. Yunho agreed as they two parted, he didn't want anyone to notice who Yunho was hugging or else he would be in big trouble with Soo Man. But they way he saw Yoochun made him think about Changmin. Would he be able to survive with another member like that? Seeing Yoochun was a blessing, and what if he never got see Changmin in a while as well?

 What he said was out of anger, he's my brother and I should never question his loyalty to me.

 He looked back to Yoochun and placed a friendly hand on his shoulder. "Where were you going anyways?"


 "Min?" Yoochun called as he opened the door to their dormitory. Changmin looked up from his seat and smiled, he had seen Yoochun in dramas but he didn't know he changed so much.

 "Yoochun?"

 "Junsu?" The elder identified the other figure in the room.

 "Yunho!" Changmin and Junsu screeched as they ran towards the man closing the door. Yunho was shocked, especially when he saw Junsu. First Yoochun, now Junsu? What was next?

 Yoochun took a seat in what used to be his bed and scoffed, "I see my presence isn't appreciated."

 Changmin playfully punched Yoochun's arm and smiled. "I missed you too hyung,"

 "I can't believe you actually came!" Junsu shouted, jumping onto Yoochun afterwards. He had been sleeping on the taxi ride here and he was filled with energy. "I was right!"

 Yoochun rolled his eyes as he began to fight with Junsu, who was insisting that he was a softy after all. Changmin left his two hyungs to banter and walked towards Yunho, who picked up the coffee pot and poured him an old glass of coffee.

 "Hey, Yunho I'm -"

 "There's no need to apologize." he dismissed, taking a swig of his coffee. "You said it out of anger, all's said and done."

 "But really, I am. What I said last year was the truth, now that I've seen them I realize that they're independent." Changmin confessed. He took a sigh as he sat across from Yunho. "I need you hyung. It sounds obsessive but it's the truth because I know I can't survive there all by myself without a leader like you."


 Jaejoong sat in his now empty dorm, flipping through tv channels. He stopped when he looked at some variety show, it seemed to be a recording albeit the lack of Christmas decor and saw Yunho and Changmin.

 "Now tell me about your other members," the MC requested. Changmin and Yunho exchanged a look and proceeded to speak.

 "Ah, yes." Yunho said, as if he was reminiscing on forgotten memories. "It is difficult without them, because we spent a long time together."

 Changmin added, "It's like your first love. Even if they're not with you anymore, they're always on your mind and inside your heart."

 Another MC joined in the conversation and asked, "So do you miss them?"

 Changmin and Yunho didn't even to think about that question and simply nodded their heads.

 Jaejoong immediately turned off the tv, he didn't need to hear any more of this Yunho and Changmin stuff.


 "I'm gonna smoke you guys!" Changmin yelled as he turned the steering wheel rigorously. The other Mario characters were shouting in their usual cries, as Junsu had just been blasted off with the blue shell.

 "Princess Peach!" he screamed as he threw his controller onto the ground.

 Yunho scoffed as he watched his younger members play a stupid video game. They were never going to beat his fastest time on that track anyways, even Changmin gave up on that challenge. He kept looking at the door, expecting someone to be knocking or barging through with a sledgehammer of some sort, but he shouldn't get his hopes up.

 It was irony that he saw Yoochun out on the streets, if it wasn't for him he probably wouldn't even be back inside his dorm.

 One thing was sure though, they were never going to complete until they were five again.

 And Yunho was a fool for believing it would happen.


 "Su, we really need to go now." Yoochun stated, dragging the little boy across the room. The sun had already set, they just ate dinner, and the two could not extend their stay.

 Yunho gave a hug to both Yoochun and Junsu. "We'll see you in another two years!" he joked.

 "And I'll still kick your butts at MarioKart!" Changmin added, hugging the two as well.

 Yoochun opened the door and gasped, he wasn't expecting to see Kim Jaejoong outside of DBSK's door at all.

 "Hey," he said, waving at his two JYJ members. "I came to pick you up,"

 Junsu rolled his eyes, now that was just bull. He grabbed Jaejoong by the collar and dragged him inside, shocking Yunho and Changmin at his late appearance.

 "Hey," he repeated again. Yunho and Changmin remained seated. They weren't sure whether to burst into joy or to slap him in the face. They looked at each other then back at Jaejoong.

 "Happy anniversary." they both said to him as they embraced him. Yunho found what he was searching for and now he was at peace. This was possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity and they just had to make the most of it.

 Because when the sun rose that day, he did not know that this would happen, and although it may be miniscule, it meant the world to him.


 "By the way, Junsu told us to open this the moment they left." Changmin recalled, tossing a somewhat dented cardboard box on their bed. Yunho opened the lid and smiled. Inside was a CD of The Beginning with a little note scribbled on it.

 To our biggest fans:

 Happy anniversary.

 Love, Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu