V.

When the Sun Rose

 The moment he got out of the dorm, he knew he was home free. With a driver's license, an expensive car, and all the money in his back pocket, Jung Yunho could go anywhere. Anywhere but here.

 What Changmin said, really hurt him. It hurt him like the first time he heard of their departure, it was the same situation, and he was left standing.

 It was always going to be him left standing, it's been that way since 2000.

 However, something was telling him that Changmin said those words out of anger rather than honesty. Maybe because it was because of a conversation a few days ago.

 One year ago ...

 It was DBSK's anniversary, and they had just finished recording a message for all their fans across the globe. The moon had already come out, hanging at the corner and illuminating the sky. Yunho was looking at the view from his window, it was soothing to him.

 "Hyung, are you okay?" Changmin asked, confused by the elder's sudden interest in the sky. The moon was always there, and today Yunho seemed to look at it as if it were the first time he saw it.

 Yunho chuckled, "I'm fine."

 The maknae didn't seem to believe him so he jumped onto his bed, looking at the ceiling. He waited for what seemed to be an eternity and sat up.

 "Hyung," he addressed, the leader turning around, "can I ask you something?" He watched his head bob up and down then proceeded to his question. "If you had a time machine, and went back in time, would you leave with them?"

 Yunho didn't even need to think about who he was talking about. He thought for a moment, it wasn't really something he looked back on.

 "No." he responded. "I love them, but I feel like we can't win unless we infiltrate Soo Man from within." Yunho looked back at Changmin and asked, "You?"

 "I'd stay." he said right after, without a blink. After another minute of silence Changmin piped up. "You know what's funny though?"

 "What?"

 Changmin scoffed, "You hesistated."

 "Hesistated, schmesitated, at least I stood by my word." Yunho remarked to himself.

 Either Changmin lied a year ago, or he lied today.

 It was hard to tell, because he had responded so quickly just because Yunho answered first. Imagine what he would say if he said he would leave? Would he agree? And if that was the case why weren't they both gone?

 Yunho shook his head. It wasn't the right day to be so deep in thought. Any other day would be fine, but ... today is a normal day? Where was he even walking to? He's been so deep in feelings and thoughts he's probably toured all of Seoul in a few minutes. His legs didn't feel tired though, he was perfectly fi-

 "Watch it." a voice scowled out him the moment he had bumped into someone. Yunho bowed, apologizing, until he realized what was going on.

 Today was definitely not a normal day.