Part 1/4

Better Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Mark woke up, the rays of the warm sun smiled and kissed his pale skin, just like a normal day. He sat up and rubbed his eyelids, making sure his vague vision return into normal before checking onto his roommate.

Although the room was quiet, a melodic hum of what seemed like ‘Paradise’, their own song, can be heard along with the drizzling noise from the shower from the bathroom. The bed beside him was almost empty, except from the fact his roommate’s bag and most favourite garments (he had no idea how he knew it was his roommate’s favourite) were placed on the top, neatly ironed, folded, and perfumed. He checked on the alarm clock beside him. The clock shows a seven in the morning. He was aware today was their day-off, and even if it’s not, seven is still too early for their practice preparation since it usually starts at ten.

Before Mark’s brain became bombarded with more questions, his roommate, Haechan, went out of the bathroom, body only covered by a blue robe. The sweet scent of the latter’s soap lingers around the room and Mark agreed on the thought of sniffing the heck out of it from the younger. Haechan noticed the sitting man as he dried his hair with a towel. He beamed him a smile brighter than the sun and Mark cursed him for making him blush. Mark never imagined to start a day with Haechan, almost , smiling sweetly at him.

“Good morning Mark-hyung!” the younger yelled in high pitch that can cause a glass to break, but the older didn’t complain and replied with a simple wave and a wide grin. “How’s your sleep?”

“Hey Hyuckie!  I slept well, thank you!”

Although the younger had already earned himself a stage name, Mark still call him by his real name and never bothered to call Haechan, Haechan.

But that wasn’t a concern for now really. He was dying to know what on earth made this kid wake up early and dress prettily. Haechan was also his bestfriend and for all he knew, Haechan was never the type to wake up at seven. For Pete’s sake, it was already a matter of life and death to wake him up at ten.

Haechan then grabbed the clothes lying on his bed and went back to the bathroom, but before he could even grab the doorknob, he was stopped by a yell of his name by certain someone.

“Wait, Donghyuck! Where are you going?” Mark interrogated him. Haechan looked at him weirdly.

“I’m going to dress up babo! Do you expect me to strip here in front of you?”

“No. I mean, after that?”

Haechan’s expression turned from a sceptical to a calm, understanding one. He scratched the back of his head, embarrassed at the thought of Mark actually expecting him to dress in front of him.

“Well, you see,” Haechan paused as he looked at the ground, shyly rubbing his toes on the wooden floor. “I-I’m going to hang out with s-someone,” he said with a little hue of pink on his face.

Haechan looked shyly at the older and tried to smile but his face muscles failed him. This was it. He’s so ready to be teased by Mark. He expected his annoying laugh already, the sight of the older looking at him while trying to hold on laughter while blocking a handful on his mouth.

Mark, on the contrast, was rather shocked and dumbfounded than having the urge to throw a pillow and laugh insultingly at the younger. He found his grin subside and now had a serious face plastered on his face. Although the careful use of words of the younger, choosing a simple “hanging out” than actually using the word “dating”, Mark was absolutely sure this thing wasn’t just a friendly one and actually includes holding hands and smooching in public, his blushing face and shy action made a great evidence for his theory. Mark’s heart pained a lot on the thought of his bestfriend holding someone’s hand and kissing someone’s lips rather than his…

 

 

“WAIT- WHAT!?”

 

Mark half-shouted, not sure if he was shock of his thoughts suddenly being like that or of Haechan actually going out with someone. Haechan didn’t expect the latter’s reaction though.

“Are you sure it’s just a simple ‘hang out’?” Mark quoted with his finger on the word ‘hang out’ for more emphasis. “And why does it have to be so early in the morning?”

“Yah! I-I mean what I say,” the younger sighed for his face was now free from pillow smacks. “Today was our only day off after forever and we want to spend a little longer time together. You know, no time to waste.”

“Both of your day off? Is he one of our members?”

Haechan slowly nods.

Mark inspects the younger’s blushing face again. The edges of Haechan’s lips were smoothly going up, forming a bright smile on a pink face. Mark wasn’t sure why he felt so upset and his blood was currently boiling.

“… who among them?”

Haechan looked at his hyung. Mark asked him with a lot down voice, face also facing the ground, but his seagull-shaped eyebrows are rather furrowed. Mark really wasn’t approved of Haechan “hanging out” with someone, and for the love of nachos, he has no idea why he’s feeling bitter towards it.

Haechan turned away and finally turned the bathroom’s doorknob before replying “Not your business hyung,” with a sly smile on his face.

A quiet bang of the door was heard from the room. Mark was totally confused of his hormones. His bloodstream wasn’t that nice as it rapidly rushed to his head. He was angry and he didn’t have the slightest idea why.

Haechan was his bestfriend and him hanging out with someone should not hurt that much, it should not even hurt him hello, but Mark was being possessive towards him.

How had he responded, you ask? Well, Mark quickly grabbed his phone from the side table and wasted no time chatting s through SNS. He typed all s’ names as the recipients, making sure he missed no one.

 

To: Renjun, Jisung, Chenle, Jaeminnie Mouse, Jeno

            Who among you guys is hanging out today? (:

 

He proofread (although the sentence was less than ten words), making sure he didn’t forget his famous inverted smiley before he tapped send. He waited for the responses which didn’t take him more than five minutes.

 

Jisung replied with a “Not me. Staying at dorm” and he quickly removed him from the list of possible suspects. Renjun and Chenle replied the same words. Both of them are going to the newly opened ice cream shop near the train station and will also spend time at the amusement park together.

Jaemin and Jeno hadn’t made their responds yet, and Mark’s already suspecting one of them. He recalled all the interactions the both of them had with Haechan these past days. Jaemin and Haechan actually grew a lot closer since NCT Dream’s debut. Both of them even bought a couple bracelet for each other, but Mark didn’t mind that since he and Haechan had been wearing their friendship ring since pre-debut. Jeno, on the other hand, he remembered his bestfriend and the pretty guy actually romantically bickering backstage. He remembered them being caught by him intertwining each other’s hands before practicing. He also remembered last night when they’re eating their dinner, the two are feeding each other, wiping each other’s mouth when the sauce was unintendedly dripping off their lips.

He was so upset that he hadn’t seen it before. Of course he’s the perpetrator, the one who’s stealing his Hyuckie from him. Mark slapped his forehead for not realizing it sooner. He thought the two was just being nice to each other but not in a special way.

A little while later, a notification popped up his he-and-his-bestfriend wallpapered lock screen. He taps the notification bubble and waited for his phone to process and show him more details.

 

From: Jaeminnie Mouse

            Staying with Jisung today. We’re going to have a Detective Conan marathon today… but I feel like I have to cancel our plans. I don’t know. I feel like I have to keep an eye on Jeno.

 

Mark read the reply carefully, making sure he didn’t miss any important details. Jaemin’s respond somehow confirmed Mark’s theory on Jeno and Haechan. He immediately typed in a reply to gather more relevant information.

 

“Why? What’s with Jeno?”

“He’s dressed so prettily and seemed so excited. I think he’s the one who’s hanging out. I want to know if it’s really just a ‘hang out’ you see. He doesn’t want to tell me with who though.”

And just like a cue, Mark immediately cursed Lee Jeno for stealing a precious potato named Lee Donghyuck from him.

He concluded, from Jaemin’s respond, Lee “killer-smile-boy” Jeno is definitely the criminal, and also… that they both feel possessive towards each other’s bestfriend, for no apparent reason he thought it was just normal, which made him slap his face another time.

Mark readied himself to type a reply, but before he could even touch the screen, the bathroom doors opened much to his anticipation. The older averted his gaze on his phone and feasted his eyes with the sight of the petite brunet in front of him.

Saying he was beautiful was an understatement. He was breathtakingly gorgeous in the older’s eyes, albeit the simplicity of the loose sweatshirt and the messiness of his maple locks. The younger’s tan legs were exposed, and Mark couldn’t remember when was the last time he saw the younger looked this gorgeous.

Mark had never stared into his bestfriend this way and that long. He then realized how lucky Jeno was. Speaking of Jeno, he has never been this exasperated by him. He never felt this way towards the raven haired one, like he had never thought of strangling him until now. He never thought that at least once in his lifetime, he would wish he’d be the boy.

Mark really didn’t understand what he felt. He had no idea what to call it either.

 

“I asked manager-hyung to buy you guys lots of food and to keep all of you guys full. Eat your meals and don’t wait for us… eh… I mean me,” Haechan simply uttered.

 

Mark was still gawking at the younger and that made the brunet uncomfortable. Haechan forced a cough and the older got cut off of his chimera. Mark awkwardly avert his gaze to his phone, tapping on it nonstop.

 

“I have to go. Spare me some chocolate ice cream later,” the younger excitedly exclaimed before grabbing a blue bag from his bed. “Gotta go!”

“Alright,” was Mark’s only respond as the younger rapidly went to the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter