Part 3/4

Better Plan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Mark’s heart thumped louder as the gazes from everyone went more intense. He swallowed a lump and prayed to whoever he could by this time to guide him.

 

He didn’t want to do exactly what Jeno told him to do though, and the latter set him permission but with the exchange of a professionally told story. The blond nodded in agreement because he would never re-enact a thing in the past, plus it will just reveal the nervousness he tried to conceal. How would you not stutter during the whole process?

 

He glanced at everyone around him, and the uneasy feeling made its comeback faster than Hansol debuting and Taeyong rapping; their eyes were all locked on him, even Haechan whose interest from the certain topic the raven-haired boy opened existed. Well, saying he knew Mark well became another hypothesis yet to be concluded.

 

Mark had become aware of the anticipating eyes from three particular people, and it also wrecks him up when Haechan’s was one of those. Along with Jaemin and Jeno’s intent gazes, Haechan’s was just as intimidating and adorable at the same time.

 

The blond sighed to calm his nerves down. The fact that Haechan was there, listening to him wasn’t helping at all. He’s still informed of them not being in “good terms” and just revealing a secret whom your bestfriend supposed to already know but really not in front of your very bestfriend is just ridiculous.

 

“Well it kind of goes like this,” he slumped his shoulders and started to glance on the floor, anywhere which is away from anyone’s gaze, as he deliberately told everyone that big thing. “Before anything else, I know you heard me Jeno so I couldn’t lie, but I want to ask this first.”

 

Jeno smiled reassuringly, letting Mark know it’s alright. The latter eyed the raven haired, which the former pleasingly returned with another warm smile. Mark doesn’t feel pleased at all though.

 

“Why did you take my chance of having him?”

 

The words escaped Mark’s mouth, leaving a bitter taste on his throat. Jeno’s smile’s still not leaving his handsome face, and the blond’s gaze wasn’t averted yet as well. Everyone was confused by the sudden change of atmosphere between them and they were all left speechless and with no choice but to listen to the two boys converse.

 

Jeno’s the first to cut gazes, looking and throwing a thumb up to the unsuspecting Haechan. The brunet did nothing but grimace in confusion instead. These two boys in front of him are like throwing signs and whatnot which everyone including him are not aware of. From lack of response, Jeno frowns and slowly put his hands down his lap, looking right back to Mark who’s still in anticipation for his remarks.

 

“You’re too slow and always in denial so I took the first step. I guess it would be fine since you ‘don’t feel anything’ for Hyuckie, but then I witnessed you.”

 

Haechan threw a glance of confusion to the raven-haired, still unable to ingest any information. If anything, he could be as confused as the others. Why was he even mentioned here? Why is Mark staring at him? And what on earth happened on Jeno’s dare? Someone needs to enlighten his muddled mind. At least give him some insights on what’s going on.

 

Mark, still unconsciously staring at his roommate in front of him, contemplates on Jeno’s replies. He’s right.

 

“Ironic,” the blond playfully responded. Jeno raised an eyebrow. “You witnessed me confessing my feelings for a particular someone in front of a mirror, yet you started dating the same person the day after. I thought maybe, just maybe you could had helped me instead but no you messed it up!”

 

Jaemin, being seated right next to his hyung, put his palms on the older’s shoulder, action triggered by the use of language. He knew this would come eventually, but he never thought it would bound to happen in front of everyone. Everyone was actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter