Chapter Two

Just My Luck

 

Jimin gaped in shock and he blurted out the first thing that came to mind, “What!? What are you—”


Before he could even form a coherent sentence, a loud crash and a shout coming from down the hall interrupted him. Namjoon didn’t waste a moment as he grabbed Jimin and hauled him further into the classroom, heading for the window.


“They’re in here!” A man shouted and Jimin stared when a large bald man burst into the classroom. He looked beyond sinister, with a scarred face and a traditional red tattoo that covered the expanse of his neck and took the form of a fierce dragon.


More shouting came from the hall and Jimin was shocked to see a man with pink hair enter the room, a deep scowl set on his red lips. He was tall and elegant, and his face looked like an idol’s, hell Jimin was sure that he was pretty enough to be made into a doll.


“Namjoon! You bastard!” The man shouted and Jimin was brought out of his reverie abruptly. It felt like he was doused with ice water when he realized that aside from the model looking man, and the baldy, there were four other men crowding the hallway and entering the classroom, each man heading for him and Namjoon.


Wait, why are they looking for—’


“Heh, can’t say I’m not surprised to see you here Jin,” Namjoon said and Jimin was once again slow to realize that the flaming red head had a protective arm slung around his waist, his body angled in such a way that it would be difficult to identify Jimin from a distance. “Though when my father mentioned you taking to studying, I assumed it’d be within your age group in a university.”


Jin walked into the room with the calm predatory steps of a lion stalking its prey, although Jimin could see the irritation clear on his face. It was evident in the way his slim eyebrows lowered over dark eyes framed in thick black eyelashes, his dark brown eyes almost sparking with rancor as he glared at Namjoon. “I haven’t come here to study you , you know damn well what I’m after.”


Namjoon scoffed and Jimin felt his arm tense the more Jin drew into their proximity. “Well my life belongs to someone else now, so if you’ll excuse me—”


Before Jimin could so much as blink or scream, Namjoon grabbed him into a tight hug and he tucked his head into the juncture of his neck and shoulder- all before he threw both of them out of the window set directly behind them in the third story classroom.


Jimin felt a rush of air, the voices of the men shouting in the empty classroom seeming to fall through a filter of rushing water. For a few seconds, the dazed senior only had time to think back on his life, images of his mom and dad, his friends and his room, and the last person he thought about as he shut his eyes and screamed was the exact same bastard who was responsible for breaking his heart, disillusioning him, and now killing him by jumping out of a window.


“YAAH! KIM NMJOOON!” With a final scream, Jimin cursed Namjoon as he clutched the lapels of his suit jacket, little tears gathering in the corner of his shut eyes and falling. “I HAATEE YOUUU!”


Everything fell still and Jimin was jostled in Namjoon’s hold as various tree branches whipped past their falling forms and ripped into Namjoon, whose hold on Jimin never wavered throughout the entire fall.


Eventually, they landed in a particularly dry and thorny bush and Namjoon grunted with the force of the fall and Jimin’s added weight. It effectively knocked the wind out of him and he only had a moment to gather himself before he heard more shouting from the classroom they previously inhabited mere moments before Escape Plan B was initiated.


Jumping out of a window, not one of my best ideas, I’ll admit that….’ Namjoon thought before he felt Jimin stirring in his arms. Suddenly Jimin’s shouted word registered in Namjoon’s mind and the red headed deviant felt his eyebrow twitch in irritation. So with a show of human extremes, he managed to shove Jimin to the bush at his side and stand up with a displeased expression on his face. “Hey brat, do you still dare to hate the bastard who just broke your fall?”


Jimin blinked up at him from his sprawled position in the thorny bush, his hair mussed beyond belief and tangled with various twigs and leaves. “What the ! You just threw us both out of a window and you want me to kneel down and kiss your feet in gratitude?” He shouted, his face becoming red as he angrily swiped at his near-death-experience tears. “I should be the one demanding you to my shoes and beg me for forgiveness!”’


Namjoon growled and he stalked toward Jimin, not bothering to help the petite male stand up. “Hey, you’ve gained a lot of weight since I last saw you, the least you could do is be considerate of the man who had to bear your weight throughout the entire fall!” He countered, stepping up to a now upright Jimin and meeting his eyes in a glare off.


“Are you calling me fat!?” Jimin bit out, clenching his fists as he stepped in front of Namjoon. They were standing nearly chest to chest, and Jimin hated that their closeness still made him want to snuggle up to Namjoon and purr like some cat. ‘Why is my heart so stupid?’ Jimin thought to himself as he angrily shook off his thoughts and mixed feelings in favor of arguing with Namjoon.


“Fat? Who the said anythi—”


“THERE! BOSS I FOUND THEM!” A deep voice shouted and both Jimin and Namjoon whipped their heads to the right to see the scarred bald man from before pointing and waving at them.


“!” Namjoon cursed and without a second thought, he grabbed Jimin’s hand and began pulling him in the opposite direction of their pursuers, his long legs easily eating up the ground as he gradually eased into a full on sprint.


Adrenaline pumped through Jimin and he panted as he forced his admittedly much shorter legs to keep up with Namjoon’s break neck pace. He could hear vague shouting and cursing behind him before it all faded away. It appeared as if they had outrun Jin and the thugs in league with him.
Sparing one last glance back, Jimin saw the empty streets instead of his familiar school campus. The unfamiliar surroundings set an alarm off in his head and Jimin stopped and yanked his hand out of Namjoon’s.


Startled, the red head looked back at him with a questioning glint in his eyes. “Why are you stopping? Jin won’t rest until he has us at his mercy.” Namjoon said and Jimin hated himself for noticing the way his chest heaved in exertion, a faint bead of sweat running down his neck and dipping below his collarbone and running in a sparkling rivulet down his chest. In all the excitement, Jimin hadn’t noticed that Namjoon’s tie had gotten lost along the way, along with his shirt buttons because now Namjoon looked debauched and Jimin was seriously cursing his fate.

“Hey,” Namjoon said as he snapped his fingers in front of Jimin’s face.“Jimin-ah, are you in there? If so, we need to go now, Jin has a way of popping up like some sick jack-in-the-box and I really have no time to deal with his dramatic antics right now.”

Jimin blinked and he once again shook away his thoughts, feeling flustered because he was tired from running and though he had a ton of questions to ask Namjoon, here he was daydreaming about his hyung like some lovesick freshman.


Not taking notice of Jimin’s inner conflicts, Namjoon cast a searching glance around the area and he brightened when he saw a black car flash their lights at him from across the street. ‘Yes, Yoongi hyung sent a car here, we can leave without running into Jin now,’ Namjoon thought and with freedom from distraction and incessant attempts on his life on the forefront of his mind, Namjoon grabbed Jimin’s hand again and started dragging him to the idle vehicle.


However, Jimin stubbornly set his feet into the concrete sidewalk and he resisted Namjoon’s pull. “Hey, let me go!”


Namjoon grit his teeth and he turned to face Jimin with a fierce scowl set on his lips. “What in God’s name is bothering you now!?” He asked as he tugged on Jimin’s hand again in an attempt to get him to move.


“I don’t want to go anywhere with you,” Jimin breathed out as he tried to pull his hand back again, but Namjoon’s grip was as binding as iron and he soon gave up resisting, though he remained stationary out of pure stubbornness. “I haven’t seen you in two years and you don’t even give me so much as a Hi before you demand I pay some debt to you, then some scary model and his thugs pop up to chase after you with threats, and you have the nerve to jump out of the window of a three story building while holding onto me!!”


Namjoon didn’t look fazed by Jimin’s mini rant, but once the petite male was done speaking, he tightened his hold on his hand and raised an eyebrow that irked Jimin because it read somewhere along the lines of are you done now?


“Tch, you inconsiderate idiot! You could at least explain what is going on or give me one good reason to trust you and follow you right now!” Jimin shouted and he unwillingly made two steps forward before Namjoon stopped yanking him toward the suspicious looking black car.
Namjoon looked pensive for a while and Jimin waited with baited breath for an answer. Did Namjoon wrong someone by being insolent when it wasn’t needed? Did he rob the model’s grandma, or did he get involved with unsavory people in the underground and wrack up a huge debt that he couldn’t pay off alone?


Jimin was once again interrupted by Namjoon, who abruptly dropped his hand and began walking away. Confused, Jimin rushed to catch up to him, “Where do you think you’re going? You haven’t even answered any of my quest—”


“Listen Brat,” Namjoon said as he turned his head to spare Jimin a brief lofty glower. “I don’t have all the time in the world to spin you pretty stories, I have that damned bloodhound Jin on my trail and if you want to stick around to talk to him, then you can stay behind.” Without waiting for a response from Jimin Namjoon quickly crossed the street and he walked toward the still idle car.


Jimin frowned and he did nothing more than trail after Namjoon, the way his past self often did without question. However, Once Jimin was seated in the back seat next to Namjoon and the car was speeding away to discreetly blend in with traffic, he felt irritation bubble up and spill over within himself all over again. ‘God damnit! I obeyed this bastard like a good puppy again!’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

Sorry this is so short! This is just a transitional chapter for the next one, when Namjoon has to fess up and explain things :)

And thank you to the lone two who commented last chapter, it was nice to know that people enjoyed this shojo rip off XD

 

BTW: Wings killed me, I wasn't expecting their comeback to kill me with feels, and their music is so good! I can't decide if I like BST, Lie, Hey Mama, Cypher 4, Wings, or 21st Century Girl more. The intro Boy Meets Evil killed me too, J-Hope killed it with rap and Jungkook's English, omg~

 

In short I love the whole album >.<