Of Mistakes And Memories: Part 2

The Game Starts Now
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
« That Random Flashback.  Which Brings Back Pain.  Is Actually Your Heart's Warning.  Not To Break It Again. » -Maya G Rose

 

Jungkook wakes up to the feeling of emptiness. He gets on his elbows and sees Taehyung playing ar ound with Hoseok. Aish he must've escaped while he slept. 

He looks at his now cracked phone (it fell when he was running after Taehyung) and saw that he just slept for fifteen minutes. He relived 2 years of his life in 15 minutes. Dreams sure are weird. 

But why did he remember all this now? Was it because he was thinking about it before falling asleep? Or was it a sign of something? 

He stood up and saw the prospect of his dream sitting in a corner looking deep in thought. He walked to him and sat beside him. 

They sat in silence for a few minutes until Jungkook spoke. 

"Jiminie... Is something wrong?" 

"Not at all why do you ask?" Jimin said. 

"Well you've been looking a bit sad these days... Is it maybe about what I said the other day... you know about my feelings. You've been distant since then so I thought maybe it's-" 

"Jungkook do you think I'd change because of that? Of course not I love you and who you like won't change that. I know I've done it once but I changed Kookie I'm not the same person as before I'm happy for you and I'm glad you like Tae. You are both my best friends so I will support you guys." The blond haired boy (Jungkook just realized he had dyed his hair but that's not the point) answered and held the younger's hand for emphasis. 

Jungkook was very happy for this confession. He also loves the older boy a lot and cares about their friendship. But he can't help but feel a bit sad for the words that remind him that he doesn't know about his crush's feelings. 

He squeezes Jimin's hand and smiled at him widely: "Well then I'm glad Jiminie but it's a bit too early to say that after all there's a small chance for hyung to share my feelings." 

"Don't say that Jungkookie. All you have to do is make him fall for you." Jimin comforted his dongsaeng. The young boy looked at him confusedly. 

"Make him fall for me? How do I do that?" He asked 

"Don't worry I'm gonna help you. It's gonna be hard since Tae sees you as a dongsaeng but we'll find a way. That's actually why I haven't been around much these days." Jimin explained "It wasn't because I was disgusted of your feelings or anything. I was surprised for sure but then I looked at you two interact and realized you two matched perfectly. So I spent these days researching and putting up a plan to make Taehyungie fall for you." 

"You mean that's why you've been always spacing out and looking like you were in deep thought?." The other nodded "Aish Jiminie do you know how worried we all were. Stop being so unreasonable seriously you act like a kid sometimes." Jungkook scolded teasingly 

"Yah Jeon jungkook why are you talking informally to me I'm older than you by two years I've eat-" 

"Yeah yeah I know you've eaten 2130 more bowls of rice right hyung?" 

"Agh this kid when are you gonna show me respect I'm even using my precious time to help you." 

"Ok ok sorry hyung I'm not gonna mock you anymore so can you tell me what you have in mind." 

"Ahh you're lucky I'm such a nice hyung but I'm not gonna tell you but I'll help you on my side and you just have to do what I tell you to." The younger nodded. "Good for now just act natural and let me do all the work." 

"Ok thanks hyung I love you" Jungkook said and hugged the older. If only he knew how hurtful these words were to the other.  

After their bro hug they both got in random conversations for the rest of the break. One of which being the elder's new hair color. Turns out he dyed it just now for their new album and that's where he was for half of the break.  

They continued switching subjects from then until their dance teacher came back and they resumed the practice. 

Later after their schedule for the day was over Jimin told Jungkook to wait for him to finish changing and then go back to the dorm together since the elder had something to talk about with him concerning his plan. So the younger was now waiting anxiously in front of the company. 

The other members passed by him and stopped when they saw him. 

“Hey kook you coming or what? And where’s Jimin.” Asked Namjoon 

“Oh me and hyung are gonna go back home together you guys can go ahead I’m gonna wait for him.” Jungkook informed his hyungs. 

Jin then gave him an ‘ok don’t be late’ and they all resumed their walking. Well all except for one. Kim Taehyung 

When Jungkook noticed he wasn’t alone he looked at the elder and blushed at the intense stare he was giving him.  

“Uhm… hyung? Is something the matter?” He asked nervously 

“Kookie ah are you two hiding something from me? You and Jimin were talking in hushed tones earlier and now you’re going home together without inviting me. Is he mad at me or something. Am I being ditched?” The older said with a pout. 

Jungkook was taken aback since he and Jimin were certainly not ditching their friend but it's not like he could tell him that the reason behind their secrecy is his feelings for him. And Jungkook was never a good liar especially when it came to a pair of  caramel deep eyes looking at him with that little pout. 

He was looking for an excuse which wasn't working very well with the elder staring at him in anticipation. And then by some miracle their moment was interrupted by a high pitched voice they both knew so well. 

"What are you saying Tae? Are you crazy we'd never do that to you. Kookie ah I think we're gonna have to tell him." Jimin declared as he got beside the youngest of the three. 

"Uhm... Tell him? Hyung W-what... I-I " Jungkook started stuttering and looked horrified at the idea of Jimin revealing his secret. 

"It's ok Kookie the surprise is gonna be spoiled but we can't have Tae thinking we're ditching him now can we?" Jimin smiled at both of them reassuringly.  

"Surprise? What surprise? Tell me tell me" Taehyung chirped in now very much excited at the word surprise. 

"Well me and Kookie were thinking of what to give you on your birthday and I was troubled because I wanted to give you a very special one since this is the first birthday we're gonna celebrate of us three being adults." Jimin pouted a little and Jungkook was impressed by his acting skills. The second older boy was totally unsuspecting. "So Jungkook here offered to help me choose a gift and that's why we were gonna go shopping today but I guess it can't be helped we can go another time. Plus I realized I forgot my wallet at home anyways." 

"So that's why you were down these days. Chim there's no reason for you to be upset about that I'm gonna like your gift whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter