Hit The Stage

Running Out Of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

  It's been a week since the incident between Chungha and Doyeon happened, no one else knew about it but them. It's two in the afternoon and the tall girl was zoning out.

 

  Doyeon didn't know what she did wrong to deserve this. The only thing that she's aware of is that she spoke the correct and fitting words in confessing. And "Doyeon, the ostrich and Chungha, the hamster" was a bit creative.

 

  She was just wondering why Chungha's acting this way to her. Was her breath's bad when she said 'I love you' to her? Was her hand rough when she held her hand? 

 

  The tall girl have been asking herself lately, she's not in herself these days. Yoojung, her best friend recognized that her gigantic friend was distracted recently and she's not used seeing her like this.

 

  "Doyeonie, you know I'm always here for you. Tell me what's wrong." The small girl walked through Doyeon's bed and sat slowly close to her. The two Fantagio girls were on their room, Doyeon has been locking herself in their room since this week and Yoodaeng decided to stay with her.

 

  "I'm fine. Thanks for asking." Doyeon said nonchalantly who's lying to her bed lazily. She shut her eyes. The small girl lay next to her, the depressed girl felt the cute orangutan hugged her. She smiled at the sudden skinship, and hugged her back.

 

  "I bet you told yourself not to tell anyone about your problem." Yoojung smirked because she knew she guessed it right. "Don't lie to me at least. And do you think that I wouldn't find out that you stayed up all night with Sohye last week?" She stated and started interrogating.

 

  The tall girl's eyes widened. "How did you know that?" She asked curiously. She told Sohye not to tell anyone that they stayed up late.

 

  "I was about to come out of our room to drink water, but then I heard you two talking at the living room. So, I decided not to appear." The petite girl made it clear. She unravel to their hug to see her friend's face. 

 

  "Don't be silly. Even if you told a person to not to disclose an untold story, it will still be revealed." Yoodaeng uttered, grinning.  "Remember the day when you got angry because of what happened to me,  you told Sohye not to tell anyone about it.  But I still found out,  it was even broadcasted."  She laughed teasingly at the tall girl.

 

  It was cool, funny and cute at the same time to think about what can Doyeon do. She's like a character who just came out from an internet novel.

 

  "Whatever Yoodaeng-ah! I'm still cool." Doyeon pulled again the other Fantagio girl for another hug, a tight and warm embrace.

 

  "You know what, everyone in the dorm was concern about you. You've been on the another planet, and you talk so sparingly. It's not just like you." Yoojung said worriedly.

 

  Doyeon was sure she heard everyone's worried, it means Chungha is included.  "Everyone? Are you sure?" The tall girl had to ask again to make things clearer.

 

  Yoojung nodded and glared at Doyeon suspiciously. "Yes, why? Who were you expecting then?" The small girl asked doubtfully.

 

  "Everyone. It means along with the ghosts around the dorm." Doyeon reasoned out. She hoped the small girl believed her excuse by scaring her.

 

  "Yah!" Daeng hit the prankster girl's arm. She doesn't like to be scared. She remembered when they filmed the 'Ghost Story City' and she admitted she'd been a scaredy orangutan. On the other hand, Doyeon was the bravest among them, she wouldn't mind protecting her friend all the time but she would like to make fun of her.

 

  The tall girl winced and caressed her left arm. She regained her strength, then she head locked the small girl. Yoojung tried to escape in her grip but the other girl was too strong. Doyeon rammed her hands at the orangutan's hair,  now it looks messier.  Daeng poked the girl's sides, it made the other girl tickle  and  laughed out loud.  Doyeon's grasp loosened.

 

  "You looked funny when you laugh. Your mouth is so big." Yoojung said, also laughing because of the sight of the tall girl's face.

 

  "Your mouth is also wide, you dwarf!" Doyeon laughed back when she saw Yoojung's mouth open wide when she laughed.

 

  The both of them mocked each other, their laughter can be heard out of their room. After a load of laughter, they gazed at one another. Yoodaeng was glad she's able to see the real Doyeon again.

 

  "I hope I made you feel good today because I can't dance with Chungha unnie later when I see you so down." The small girl uttered and still worried. She was serious, she wouldn't be able to focus on dancing at the 'Hit The Stage' with Chungha when she knew her best friend was not alright.

 

  "Don't worry. I feel much better, thanks to you." Doyeon whispered. Sometimes, the tall girl wondered why can't she fall in love with Yoojung instead. Things would be a lot easier.

 

  The two Fantagio girls cuddled at Doyeon's bed in a minute when the door sprung open with Sohye on the view. "Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt but Nayoung unnie told me to tell you guys to get ready." Sohye stated.

 

  They got up and dressed. Doyeon's glad that Yoojung was there for her, and Yoojung was happy as well, knowing that her friend felt better, but she wished she knew the reason of the tall girl's grief. 

 

  Half an hour ago, Nayoung gathered the members outside the dorm. "Guys, are you ready to leave?" The leader plainly asked.

 

  "Oh wait! I forgot my dried sweet potatoes." Chungha checked her bag, and went inside the dorm.

 

  "I think I forgot my favorite blanket."  Somi followed inside.

 

  "Thank goodness! I should really ask you guys first before leaving." Nayoung sighed heavily with her arms crossed. "How about you? Didn't you forget something?" She turned to Jieqiong and asked.

 

  "Nah, I'm good." Jieqiong replied confidently. She was the type of person who doesn't want to disappoint the head of the group, the one who always want to impress the leader and want its attention. Not just only because she's the leader but because she is Stone Nayoung.

 

  "Wait! I think I left Yoodaeng inside." Doyeon uttered jokingly, panicking. 

 

  "Yah! I'm here! Are you mocking me?" The small girl bawled beside her with her brow furrowed. 

 

  Doyeon patted Yoojung's head. "I thought I left you inside. You should stick with me, ok?" The tall girl teased the other girl again.

 

  "Doyeon-ah. You're back from being extra again." Nayoung stated gladly.  "I haven't seen the real Doyeon since last week, you tend to lock yourself in the room these past few days and not to bundle with us."

 

  "Yeah, it's tough. I was trying to figure out something until it comes to the point that I don't recognize myself anymore." Doyeon said.

 

  "Narong unnie! Doyeon's life is full of drama you know." Yoojung laughed at the tall girl.

 

  "Good thing you're always there for her, Yoodong-ah. You give some comedy and romance in Doyeon's life that is full of drama." The leader smirked at the two Fantagio girls.

 

  Yoojung tucked her hair behind her ear, she looked at the tall girl. "Romance? So, am I look cute to you?" The small girl stated in aegyo. Doyeon stared back expressionlessly.

 

  "You look more a comedy." The tall girl teased while holding her laughter. Sohye and the two Pledis girls laughed.

 

  "I. Hate. You." Yoojung had her arms crossed over her chest.

 

  "Aw! Come here, I was just kidding. Of course you're cute." Doyeon took a step closer to the upset girl. She hugged her. Jieqiong was envy of them, she also wanted to ask Nayoung.

 

  "What about me?" Jieqiong asked cutely to the leader. Nayoung hummed and thought about it.

 

  "A tragedy suits you." Nayoung joked and earned a punch from the other girl. The Chinese hit the older girl's arm hard. "It hurts!" The leader winced and the attacker was worried she hit her that much.

 

  "Sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you that bad." Jieqiong massage gently the girl's arm. Then, what a smooth move for her, she snugly put her in an embrace.

 

  Sohye gazed at her atmosphere, she was surrounded by the lovebirds. Welcome to the gay bar, featuring the Fantagio girls and the Pledis girls with the special participation of Sohye, the solo flight. The penguin asked herself what is she doing there, why Chungha and Somi weren't back at this moment, and why the penguins couldn't just take over and rule the world. She stood between DoDaeng and NaPink a little more longer, and thank God,  the two latecomers just came out of the dorm. Everything was set and ready to go.

 

  Another more minutes passed when they departed from their dorm. They're on their way to the studio for the taping of the last episode of 'Hit The Stage'. The group was excited because it's their first time coming with Chungha in the program. 

 

  When Chungha first joined in the second episode of the dance show which love was the concept, Doyeon was pleased because the dancer chose a single lady's provocation and not to dance flirtatiously with another ert dancers.

 

  IOI was in the dressing room to cheer for the goddess of dance along with the smallest member.  Yoojung and Chungha were wearing a red attire for their performance. Doyeon's jaw dropped when she saw how gorgeous and fierce Chungha looked. She's back on her own senses when the leader started giving them words of wisdom.

 

  "You can do it guys! Don't be sad if we lose, remember, no matter what happens, we're still beautiful. Fighting!" The leader formed a fist then raised it.

 

  "We will make you proud." Yoojung beamed nervously. She's excited and nervous as well. She never knew that Chungha would grant her wish to dance with her on Hit The Stage. The tremulant girl looks like she's struggling to keep her smile. Doyeon can identify that her friend was shaking in nervousness, she walked closer to her and clasp her hand with hers. Yoojung looked up to the tall girl, she took a deep breath and squeezed her hand.

 

  "You always make us proud."  Nayoung said praiseworthily. Chungha and Yoojung were fluttered. "Now, show us what you got!" She cheered them up once again.

 

  The recording of the show started. The girls were on the side of the stage. It's time to know the order of the performances of each contestant. Chungha and NCT's Ten were on the center of the stage, they picked the thing and peeked beneath it. It seems like the little girl have to go first.

 

  Ten sighed in relief.  Before going back to his seat,  a smile dangled on the corner of his lips  and  gazed at her in fascination,  trying to enchant the girl.  Doyeon saw how Ten looked at Chungha,  and how the small girl looked back at him.  She felt her blood rising up to the boiling point,  she tried to keep it cool as much as possible. Jieqiong who was sitting beside her felt the tall girl's sudden change of vibe.

 

  "Hey, are you alright?" Jieqiong's palm made contact to Doyeon's forehead to check on her. She's worried if the younger girl was sick because of her face was reddish.

 

  "I'm fine unnie. I'm just so hot that the Sun was flustered to shine bright at the equator,  so the Sun decided to move out to the north pole  and  made the penguins migrate here and live with Sohye."  The tall girl uttered randomly as she stared at the Chinese girl's eyes seriously.

 

  "Oh o-okay." Jieqiong looked at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter