S.S. 1

Shoe Strings

*For everyone who are stressed like me, this story would not be too angsty like most of my stories tend to be, but sorry in advance for this genre would come up from time to time. I really hope you enjoy this!

*Let's keep on loving myungjong and infinite!

 

 

CHAPTER 1

The mixed scent of floral and citrus wafted in the air. It did help in lightening up his head. Everything’s still in haze, but he pushed his self to stand up despite feeling groggy, because one of his instincts he’s actually happy to have, namely hard-headedness, took over.

Slowly, he felt falling as if his body has become light as a feather, but instead of what he expected to welcome him as the cold hard floor, warm arms were the ones that held him to safety.

“Be careful, you need to rest more. You’re not fully recovered yet, so do as I say.”

When what seemed to be his eyesight that has gone foggy slowly returned to normal and his sight cleared, he adjusted his position to see that man’s face clearly, but he didn’t let out a gasp as what you might expect with such a pretty face, but snorted loudly as if he’s such a grown-up man who was once a pirate.

“What have you done this time, huh Sungjae”

“Hey! I’m still your uncle Jongie, respect me!”

“Yeah right, don’t try to use the uncle card on me. Let’s face it, I’m older than you, therefore you should respect me.”

“I should have given you a higher dose of-”

When the sight of his eyes turning into slits like that of a snake ready to pounce on his victim, Sungjae decided to shut his mouth to avoid being inflicted with injury. An irritated Sungjong is a dangerous one. Not much compared to a nuclear bomb explosion but just enough to give you a bruise or two, that would certainly last longer than you wanted.

“Now, just what have hit me hard and made me black out? I exerted all my effort to visit you on your birthday and I brought a gift, a freakin’ cake that I baked myself! You know how much I spent on that!? Then I entered your home and ended up smacking myself on my home-made sweet and losing my senses for I don’t know how long now!”

“Woah, your temper Jongie. I’m right; I should’ve given you a stronger sedative-”

“Cut the crap and explain!”

If eyes can pierce through any material, Sungjae was sure his head would have been cut off neatly off his head by the other’s guillotine stare. Luckily for him, the worst thing it could do right now is creep him out.

“I’m truly, deeply sorry. Myungsoo thought you’re a dangerous intruder, that’s all, he’s just kind of gullible since-”

“So he smacked me in the head so hard without thin- wait. Who’s Myungsoo?”

The anger in his eyes was replaced with a look of confusion.

--

“What the hell?!”

His eyes couldn’t leave the man who seems to be as gentle as a pet dog at the moment, curled into a ball at the sofa just across him, avoiding his stare as if aware of the mistake he had done earlier. Sungjong would have find these antics cute if not for the facts Sungjae has laid on him.

“I always knew you were a genius, you wouldn’t be recruited by that private company who keeps on doing medical researches if you’re not…but… having that… hybrid living here as if it’s not supposed to be a threat to us seems… not believable. That workplace of yours is already too intimidating with all that medical breakthroughs they have shown to the public these past decades, but working on something like… trying to manipulate that… isn’t that too much of a risk?”

“You’re too smart as well for your own good Jongie, I don’t understand why you preferred to move onto being a pastry chef rather than being a scientist, or even a veterinarian. Haven’t you always adored animals, and those balls of fur and fluff they call cats?”

“I enjoyed the thrill of science and the animal’s company but I can’t see myself on that field in the future. I hate the complexities those bring as well. And don’t try changing the topic. Can’t they just contain him somewhere else, your facilities are-”

“Well, they wanted him to experience real human life; not those simulations in the laboratory or manmade public places within closed walls. And for being the only member of the group that lives alone, and with only one relative remaining, which is you, I ended up in this situation.”

Shaking his head in irritation, he returned his full attention to the guy who had hit him earlier, who looks curious while looking at him as well. Sungjong felt like a new toy in front of a toddler who’s amazed by the gift handed to him. And he’s not amused by gaining this kind of reaction out of a man grown from the lab and is actually carrying alien genes within him.

Totally not good.

“And you actually agreed, just like that? No demands? No questions towards your safety? And they say you’re the smarter of us two. Really.”

Massaging his temples was not enough after all the information laid in front of him; that he wanted to go towards the kitchen and brew his self a cup of coffee if not for the look showed by their new life companion, down and about to reach out to him. Just like a dog that would be left at home by its master.

“Oh no.”

“Oh look, seems like my friend here’s fond of you. Would you mind letting him get graced with your presence a little longer?”

“What are you trying to-”

“I really need to work on something and I’m trying to beat the deadline and I seriously need someone to look after him while I’m holed up at my personal lab. Thanks! I owe you one Jong-ah! Love you!”

Hurriedly, Sungjae took hold of his white lab coat and ran towards the destination he said. Sungjong might be not as busy as him, but to the older one, having a more flexible schedule is not a reason to end up with this kind of responsibility. He did not even try adopting a pet for his own company despite of being comfortable around animals, and trying to babysit an adult-looking guy who acts like a kid was never on his list of things to do.

But, knowing how stubborn and clingy Sungjae might be, he guesses that to be part of their genes perhaps,

“Fine, but being your nephew doesn’t mean I would let this slide easily! I’m still the older one Sungjae!”

Returning his attention to the other person in the room, he almost got a heart attack due to the close proximity between them, and if not for the innocence in the other man’s eyes, he would have already shouted at him and wacked him on the head without any sense of pity.

And he hates imagining how many times he would end up shocked like this just because he is thrown to take care of a gifted individual who could sneak on other flawlessly like a trained spy but is actually just a gentle kid at heart. It doesn’t help that he’s  kind of intimidated with how the other looks like, while he himself is someone who’s always made fun of for looking so girly no matter how hard he try to look just as manly as them.

“What is it?”

“You’ll not leave,right?”

Groaning in frustration, Sungjong decided to play along, not wanting to break a kid’s heart despite of the mature appearance. After hearing the guy’s tale, from being made out of controlling human and alien genetics, he knows how much more he should understand and learn about what his life is going to be since he’ll be officially under Sungjong’s care at the moment.

“…no. But I really need to make myself a cup of coffee right now. I’ll just be in the kitchen so don’t worry. What do you like to eat or drink?”

“…but I only know ramen. What’s coffee?”

“Sungjae! Did you even teach him anything useful that I could start on!? You genius brat.”

“Have I done something wrong again?”

Inhaling deeply to control his growing irritation, he tapped the other’s head and smiled warmly, the same smile he shows their customers despite of the tiring hours of baking endlessly.

“Don’t worry, you’re fine, just come along and I’ll teach you, I’ll answer your questions as well.”

Nodding enthusiastically, Myungsoo tagged along like a lost puppy, while Sungjong is planning of torture methods he could do to Sungjae when the innocent guy is not looking.

It would be a nice change though; perhaps he would enjoy looking after Myungsoo.

He hopes this view would not change until Sungjae decides he had helped enough. Consistency he planned himself has been one of his favorites lately, and having a sudden change in lane is enough to make him feel uncomfortable for days.

He’s hoping that nausea that’s starting to kick in wouldn’t last that long.

 

 

*This is quite short I know but future chapters would be longer, since myungjong just started meeting here.

*For my fellow inspirits who are carats as well, I'm happy to tell you guys that I'll be posting a seventeen fanfic soon, but I won't say who the main pairing is for now, but since Jeonghan is my bias, you'll see more of him soon. =)

*I feel like most of my bias are the pretty guys of the groups, what's with me? Hahaha.

*Let us keep on loving kpop, in whatever fandom you belong.

 

#myungjong.lives.on