PROMPT TWO DRABBLES (VOTING CLOSED)

Drabble Challenge (CLOSED)

"Just like each minute and each second are different, day by day you become new."


 

 


 

ENTRY NUMBER ONE

"Untitled" - DuchessRhea

Karam+Mika

 

“’Just like each minute and second are different, day by day, you become new.’” Suhoon’s voice was soft, but had an utterly soothing effect. “Just something I thought you should’ve heard,” he finished, as he toyed around with the picture frame decorating the entrance to the living room.

 

Hyunchul looked up from his phone, eyeing the frame, as if worried it were about to fall and shatter into a million pieces. “I really ought to change that frame. It doesn’t fit the picture at all,” he muttered under his breath.

 

Suhoon laughed, a sound that shouldn’t have sounded quietly as bell-like as it did. Hyunchul visibly shuddered, a grimace crossing his face.

 

“You really need to stop doing that, I swear,” he muttered angrily. 

 

“I do it because I enjoy your reaction, idiot,” Suhoon retorted, highly entertained by the younger’s reaction. Oh, the effect he still had on Hyunchul, though the young man didn’t realize.

 

Hyunchul shook his head, and went back to his phone, scrolling through his contacts. After finding the profile he was looking for, he started scrolling through their pictures. Each one made his mood become darker and darker, until finally he had had enough. 

 

He tossed the device onto the couch and walked to the kitchen, Suhoon following closely behind. 

 

“Seriously, you need to stop looking at those photos. They’ll just make you more and more angry. I would know, I’ve done it before,” the older chided. He knew what the consequences of living in the past were. It was best to move on.

 

After finding the water bottle he’d been searching for, Hyunchul headed back to the couch, only to eye his phone in distaste. Finally, he picked it up and deleted Suhoon’s contact information.

 

“There, I did it. Happy?”

 

Suhoon smiled. “Thank you. Goodbye.”

 

 


 

 

ENTRY NUMBER TWO

"Untitled" - Jimin-Hw0412

Mingyu+Mingming

 

Mingyu wakes up from his dream. A dream about how tommorow's gonna be a disaster. He groans as he feels a smack at the back of his head. "Want the hell, Mingming!" Mingyu says and flicks his boyfriend's forehead. "We should practice for tomorrow." Mingming says and drags Mingyu into the bathroom, "Wash up." He commands. 

 

Mingyu's in utter shock. Just yesterday, Mingming was ignoring him even when he said he'll treat the latter expensive food. 'Is he playing hard to get?' He thinks to himself. Mingyu then washes up. After a good 5 minutes choosing his clothes and eating, he and Mingming drives to the dance studio. 

* * *

The couple completes their choreography and shares an early laugh. "I can't wait for tomorrow." Mingming says and pauses the music. "I hope we don't fail." Mingyu sighs, knowing that Soonhoon has the best choreography. "At least say 'I hope we win', Mingyu." Mingming says. 'This bish' Mingyu murmurs. 

 

The next day, the couple are getting ready for their performance. They change, apply makeup, and style their hair. Both don't know how the other looks like until they get out of their rooms. "OH MY GAWD, MINGMING!!" Mingyu eyes his boyfriend from top to bottom, making the latter blush. Mingyu's in awe. The cute Mingming is replaced with a y Mingming. Mingming's also in shock. He's never seen Mingyu looking hawt for such a long time. 

 

It's their turn. Everyone's looking at them, making them more and more nervous. Once the song starts playing, they put their cool and y on and dance to the song they've been practicing . They end the dance and the crowd goes wild. The couple steps down the stage, "You know, you're different each day," Mingyu whispers, "I'm sorry.." "And that's what makes me love you more."


ENTRY NUMBER THREE

"Lessons of You" - kitkat2099

unspecific

 

For over ten years now we have known each other, ever since before our idol debut. Even today it seems like I am still learning new things about you. 

It started when we met. I learned that you always smile. It didn’t take me long after that to learn how to tell your smiles apart. They were not all the same. Many were a defense mechanism, to keep awkward and negative things at bay. Your true smiles being the ones that close your eyes from view, just like mine.

I learned that while you may be a bit of a cowardly lion, afraid of many things, you are still strong and have a sturdy soul that gets you through the darkest of times. It didn’t matter if it was your parent’s resistance to you becoming an idol or netizens attacking you. With time you never failed to prove yourself.

I learned that your religion didn’t keep you from loving whomever your heart chose to love. While that gave me hope, it still meant you that belonged to someone else.

Last week you slid a note in my hand as you walked past. "Just like each minute and each second are different, day by day, you become new." I learned that maybe, just maybe, you have felt the same for me that I do for you. That you have studied me all these years the same as I did you, a revelation I was shocked but pleased to discover.

Today was the most revealing day of all though, what I learned today is my favorite so far. Those lips of yours are as soft and sinful to kiss as your fans dream them to be and that from here on out I get to be the only one to do so.


ENTRY NUMBER FOUR

"The Price of Fame" - YuYuan

unpecific

 

Today was worse than yesterday, I had to take some painkillers in the morning, right after the caffeine pills. They truly do help as I feel less exhausted and tired, I still feel my joint hurt, from yesterday's practice, but it wasn’t bad enough to skip today. I simply couldn’t afford another break.

 

Honestly I almost felt like vomiting when I opened the door to our practice room, I couldn’t see it but smell the sweat, feel the tears and sense the blood spilled in it. The others smiled encouragingly at me, but I also see worry written in their faces. Not because of my condition, it’s because of their own.

 

It’s the very same dance routine, I know every single beat and move by heart and could perform it in my sleep yet I still see that I make the same mistakes. I’m still a little bit behind the others when it comes to the turn, and my movements aren’t as sharp and powerful. It’s not that I don’t try, but my body is failing me. 

 

Despite the same imperfection that is me, something is indeed different today.

 

Maybe my shirt as it seems to be a little too wide and the extant of textile is bothering me. Oddly, it had just fitted perfectly fine the other week. 

 

I’m still struggling not like the girl in front of me, she is everything I will never be. Her smile is stunning, beautiful inside out, she is so confident and kind to everyone. For me, she has nothing but judgmental stares and behind the pretty mask she is grim and hateful. Because she knows what I have done to her as she should be me, but the girl I see instead of my own reflection is everything else but not myself.


ENTRY NUMBER FIVE

"When" - HeeChild

Amber+OC

 

"You're new again today," his voice announced the moment she passed through the doorway.

 

"How do you know?" Amber whispered as she approached the bedside warily. "I could be just the same as I was yesterday."

 

That familiar ghost of a smile flitted over his face before disappearing, only to be replaced by the usual blank expression. "Remember who it is that you are married to, jagiya. I am the all-knowing one." At this, Amber snorted, punching him none-too-gently in the shoulder as the blank expression changed into a grin. 

 

Moments between them too often passed like this, ever since the accident had happened and Amber had been forced to change. The man she had married was entirely unbothered by her change, although perhaps that was because he was the second-most-powerful Mage in the universe and, quite frankly, the most terrifying person she knew. Amber, on the other hand, was apprehensive; she didn't know how much she was going to change before whatever entity was causing her change was finished meddling in her affairs. 

 

He finally pulled the shirt (one that Amber had tossed at him hours earlier) off of his face and opened his endless amethyst eyes, sitting up so quickly that their heads nearly knocked together. "Time?" he asked, and she smiled at him, giving the answer that he so often gave her. 

 

"Time is unimportant, we have until the end of time."

 

"It's rude to steal other people's lines," her husband pointed out as he rose and stretched, resulting in several loud cracking and popping sounds.

 

"Sure it is, yeobo." He sneered at her, and she tugged on the end of his braid, causing him to yelp and glare at her reproachfully; she smiled sweetly at him. 

 

Life was good, when they were still together in life.


ENTRY NUMBER SIX

"Hellebore" - gnohnuj

Karam+OC

 

Spring is leaving. You watch,

With tender fascination,

As a new life draws double red lines,

Like freshly unearthed soil,

Like rows of roses.

 

“Karam,” you ask. “What is change to you?”

“Change, my dear,” he replies with a gentle kiss,

Lips as soft as buttercup petals. 

“Is a new beginning.

It is you, me and our future.”

You smile, hand caressing your budding flower.

 

Spring goes and with it,

Takes away familiarity, stability,

Leaving a fresh wave of new desires,

Nausea and fatigue.

Summer is harsh, and a long season to endure.

 

“Karam.” You wake him up in the middle of the night,

Guilt dripping from your words like dewdrops.

He takes your hand apologetically,

Gentle palms rubbing between your shoulders,

Relieving you of the burning discomfort.

 

Autumn is expressive. It kicks against your walls with its

Violent colours, the ever evolving season

Reflected in your mirror. You watch fondly,

As the bulb grows into something

That contains unexplainable beauty.

 

Winter finally arrives, freezing your face

With its air-conditioned breeze,

The IV dripping into your arm like ice,

Each breath you take breaking your stomach

Like a dozen icicles have been plunged deep inside you.

 

Winter brings complications, with its overcast days,

Long night-falls, unexpected accidents,

But you manage to push through,

Like how you have, like how you will.

Colder times are expected to come,

 

But you will never forget the two sparkling 

Eyes that stare up at you,

Brighter than any ice,

Warmer than a homely fireplace,

More beautiful than nature itself.

 

The flower blooms—it is a fair winter rose.

Its velvety skin soft against your fingers,

Its petals demure and fragile under your touch.

You stare up at him, taking in the love in his eyes and think,

You have never felt so blessed.


ENTRY NUMBER SEVEN

"Metamorphosis" - gaksitalGaksital

Karam+Seulgi

 

The night resembled a sea of darkness over his head. Stars glittered like a myriad of icy crystals, leaving a long trail of iridescent gems along the velvety black sky. He leaned against the cold hard wall, with nothing but wishes in his eyes and dreams in his head. His lips quivered into a bittersweet smile as he reached for the guitar strapped to his back. 

 

His name was Karam -- as Seulgi was once told. She stood at the same street, near the same dim corner, under the same sky of eternal stars just for a chance to hear him sing again. 

 

His fingers strummed over the strings, and the oscillations of his instrument echoed straight into her own heart, filled her whole being with a sense of ethereal bliss until she drowned within the sweet essence of all that was him. He swirled within the atmosphere until he mingled with the oxygen in the air, and he became more than the song that escaped his soul. He transformed into a miracle and she clung onto that hope till it became the ingredients for her metamorphosis.

 

Through the wishes in his eyes and the dreams in his head, she changed into something completely new. He was an artist without noticing it. She regarded him under a new light everyday; how he sang and poured out the melodies of his heart into the open, nightly air, while no one paused to listen to his wonders but herself. 

 

When he was done, something stirred within her. Without her permission, her feet ambled towards him.

 

“You’re amazing,” Seulgi said breathlessly. 

 

He gazed at her with misty eyes. “Thank you.”

 

She opened but no more words formed. She retreated then, staring at the twinkling stars that laughed in glee at her turmoil.


ENTRY NUMBER EIGHT

"Untitled" - Minini

Jonghyun centric

 

He had pink hair today. 

 

Jonghyun wasn't sure just how his brother hadn't gone completely bald by now. He was sure the younger's hair was blue just yesterday. Not that he had had the chance of watching him much; the other had only come home at three in the morning, probably higher than a giraffe on stilts.

 

He watched from afar as he talked with a cute boy he was probably dating, and would dump a week later if he was lucky. He had tried going out with boys, with girls, with no one at all. Pink hair, black bowl cuts, blue crest. 

 

Conforming, being different. Punk, nerdy, skirts that got him called all sorts of names. Drugs, isolation, partying. He had tried studying for a while. Didn't find himself there. And he had tried to not care about school, too but it hadn't worked either. 

 

Of course, Jonghyun was never told any of that. He simply observed. Because even though he wanted to pretend he didn't care, he knew Kibum was suffering inside. 

 

Whenever he ate a lot, whenever he stopped eating, whenever Jonghyun found blades covered in blood that the other had carelessly abandoned. He knew his brother was not alright, and he couldn't help but worry. 

 

Sometimes the younger reached out to him, tried to connect with the elder, but he knew it was just another mask, another tentative identity, another effort to find himself. He didn't really care. He didn't want to be helped. He had stopped trying. 

 

And Jonghyun, too, had long stopped trying to break into his room whenever he heard the other sobbing, stopped trying to talk reason into him or make sappy comforting speeches. The younger didn't want them. He didn't need them. 

 

And he kept repeating that to himself whenever he tried to muffle out the sound of his little brother crying at night.


ENTRY NUMBER NINE

"Forgotten" - KnoW_logic

OC (mention of Baekhyun)

 

“Desperate !”

 

She stood still with wide eyes, watching as the crowd began chanting, “. . ,” over and over again. No professor present would stop the mess because it was all about money. 

 

Only when she came face to face with her locker did she know what they meant. Old pictures from years ago hung on her locker along with “” and “” inscribed in bold red letters. They were remnants of her friendship with Byun Baekhyun--the school’s most beloved. All surviving memories of something that died with his popularity. 

 

She felt tears surfacing and this time, she let them fall. She carelessly ripped the pictures down and shoved them into the nearest garbage can. Ignoring is the best way to survive. She learned best from Baekhyun. 

 

“I always knew there was something up with you.”

 

InHye knew the voice, but she focused her attention on getting her books and getting to class. Trouble maker, Lee Hyemi. Unforgiving to the poor, and the school’s queen. 

 

“Don’t ignore me when I’m talking to you, .”

 

“You thought you could get away with such sinful actions. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Using my Baekkie for your own purposes. I always knew poor people were desperate, but not this low.”

 

She felt a sting on her cheek, anger surging up.

 

“Stay the away from my Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Hyemi shoved InHye on her shoulder she had gotten hit with the broken bottle from the night before, making her double over in pain as she slammed into her own shoulder. 

 

InHye’s vision became blurry again. She did not have to see to know who it was. Byun Baekhyun. Even among thousands, she would always know his voice. InHye looked up and locked gazes with him before quickly looking away. This was all because of him.


ENTRY NUMBER TEN

"Scarlet" - restless_maknae

Mark+OC

 

 

“Long live the king and queen!”

 

The sentence echoed through the hall when the coronation finally came to an end. Mark Tuan Yi-Eun from Yeongnam Province was now the king of Silla and his wife, a sixth-generation descendant of King Munseong was the queen.

 

Being with him was like watching the cherry tress bloom. At first, it was sweet, definite and rewarding. He remained invincible despite acid rain, heavy wind and devastating storm. But as winter came, the leaves of his purity fell to the ground and he was nothing but a bare tree without beauty, warmth and hope.

 

Just like a fatal disease spreading through your veins, he slowly and intriguingly became someone else. Or something else. He didn’t seem human anymore. He was a merciless predator chasing after his prey. He left dead bodies bathing in scarlet-red streams, rigid words that hurt like poisoned arrows and inhumane laws that couldn’t benefit anyone, except him.

 

It was beyond terrible to see how he had turned into a monster and there was nothing she could do.

 

“Your Highness, may I ask you a question?” she drew a thick, shaking breath and winced a little when his thunderstorm-like voice broke the silence.

 

“That depends on what you would like to know.”

 

“I would like to know if you are still able to love,” she inquired, recalling the times when they were truly in love. Without masks, roles and insecurities.

 

When he turned to face her, his expression was unfathomable. He caressed her cheeks, lovingly like he used to do but his pale fingers felt rough on her skin.

 

“Call the guards,” he suddenly turned to a servant who bowed in response and left the room. In the next minute, the guards showed up. The King pointed at his wife.

 

“Kill her!”


ENTRY NUMBER ELEVEN

"Metamorphosis" - faithful-lie

unspecified

 

The Mage sighed in satisfaction as he stepped into the room, gazing up at the boy suspended above him in a timeless, dreamless sleep. Dark hair and eyelashes that seemed unnatural paired with his almost translucent alabaster skin. He was held almost upright by the Mage's will, limbs hanging limp, the intangible threads that manipulated them currently slack.

 

The Mage stepped up closer, climbing the stairs to his prize, his pride, his steps slow and considered.

 

The boy was eery in his fragility, body too slim to be considered healthy, the angled planes of bone far too visible; he lacked muscle and fat. And yet, the unhealthy pallor of his already pale skin perfectly counterpointed the painstaking tattoos flowing across his form, a blank canvas, showcasing brilliant art. 

 

Starting in the arch of each foot, and climbing steadily up slender calf and wasting thigh, the vivid designs were nowhere near completion. A second set flowed from the back of each dangling hand, twining about the wrists and stretching in waves of colour to the backs of each shoulder where tendrils of ink barely reached the boy's collarbones.

 

The Mage's eyes flitted over the designs, scanning for even the slightest flaw, the most fractional alteration in his careful inking, but he found none. He never did. Satisfied, he stepped up beside the boy, gently taking a slack hand in his own, raising it to his lips, barely allowing them to brush the boy's skin before he was gently releasing the hand. His will kept it outstretched as he stepped past it to retrieve his instruments.

 

He leant over the boy's shoulder, pen in hand, and began to draw, manipulating the ink with his whisperings, imbuing both the ink and the boy with fortitude, vitality, and the promise of so much more.


ENTRY NUMBER TWELVE

"I've Been Here for a Cutie, Sir" - boneofmysword

GD+Seungri

 

Day 1

I only did what Seunghyun told me to, so I grabbed that boy on his shoulder, turned him around, and pressed my lips against his.

And my nose hadn't stop bleeding the next 30 minutes.

 

Day 1 ½

His lips were so soft... and sweet.

 

Day 5

On the corridor, I gave him an at-least-I-thought-it-was-a y smirk and he turned into a walking tomato.

 

Day 9

Seunghyun told me his name was Seungri...

 

Day 9 ½

...and he was his classmate in Econometric class.

 

Day 10

He and his hazel eyes didn't stop glancing at me who was sitting next to him in the class.

 

Day 12

Q: Who put FIVE spoonfuls of sugar into a cup of milk coffee?

 

Day 15

Guess who did I see when I entered the restroom?

(Don't get me started with his size!)

 

Day 17

He had adorably chubby fingers!

 

Day 17 ½

I wondered why someone could look so soft and fluffy, but when he laughed, I thought I was having an Africa safari tour and surrounded by hyenas.

 

Day 20

The lips looked more irresistible when he was pouting and drinking the strawberry milk from a straw.

 

Day 23

And his singing voice... <3

 

Day 24

“You ARE stalking me. Is... is kissing me... not enough to embarrass me? Stop it, or I'll tell Professor Kang that—”

“My name's Jiyong and a lunch date after this class, maybe?” I spoke in a hushed tone then raised the volume, “Professor, let me solve the problem.”

“Kwon Jiyong? I didn't notice that you were here all the time. Didn't you pass the class last semester?”

“Well,” I snickered, “I've been here for a cutie, Sir. We'll see if he'd accept my invitation. So, for this problem...”

 

Day 24 ½

He said yes.


ENTRY NUMBER THIRTEEN

DISQUALIFIED


ENTRY NUMBER FOURTEEN

"Him" - Soohya

boy+boy

 

One afternoon I was in the park to take some photos for a project. I managed to take a few, and then I saw him.

 

He was dancing to random songs playing on his phone. His moves were smooth, and I wondered: is he a dancer? Without knowing, I took a few photos of him, then sat on the bench across his. He was handsome, really handsome, and looked a lot ier when his bangs were sticking to his forehead. 

 

The next day I didn’t go, because I’ve been working on the project. I was curious, if I returned tomorrow, would he be there? So the next afternoon I found myself in the park again. 

 

This time he wasn’t dancing, he was bobbing his head at some music that was playing in his earphones. His appearance was so different from last time. He wore black leather clothes and had his hair styled up in spikes. I sat on the same bench, and I took photos again. 

 

Once he was a painter, with canvas in front of him, and he glanced at me more than once. I made sure to pass beside him when I left. I saw myself in the painting, camera covering my face, something that happened every day as I took photos of him. Did I think he wouldn’t notice? He glanced back at me, and gave me a boyish smile. Flustered, I hurried away. 

 

Even after that I didn’t miss a day, and neither did he. Once he acted like a statue (I swear I’ve seen him glancing at me), then he was a singer, then blew bubbles for the children, and was smiling brightly. It was an endearingly amusing sight. Every day he seemed like another person. I loved it.

 

Then one day he wasn’t there.  


ENTRY NUMBER FIFTEEN

"untitled" - Meleodiseu

Ken+Hyuk

 

"So I'm asking again." Sanghyuk stated, a determined look in his eyes. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

 

Jaehwan was taken aback. Instead of the unsure boy that Jaehwan was used to was a grown man, confident in his words and actions.

 

Instead of the nerdy and awkward younger brother of his best friend was a attractive and confident person.

 

He didn't know what to do, or what to say. It seemed that just yesterday he was consoling a crying child who spilled his ice-cream by spilling it, or for scraping his knees on the concrete, or even having someone make fun of his ears. For all of this, he would've expected to be some sort of older brother figure instead of an object of affection.

 

Perhaps he was so blinded by this he didn't see how Sanghyuk was growing before his very eyes, starting with a growth spurt and ending in semi-defined muscles and a sharper jawline.

 

"Well?" The only thing that remained the same was his impatience.

 

Smiling fondly, Jaehwan reached up and ruffled the dark brown locks on the other's head.

 

"Maybe when you're older, kiddo." For all that Sanghyuk had grown, he would always be Jaehwan's 'Sanghyukkie'.


ENTRY NUMBER SIXTEEN

"The Sound Of A Memory" - Caniwi

unspecified

 

 

The boy observed as the girl tried to tie her shoelaces, with her eyes lidded in concentration. But to no avail, she was not successful. The tangled up shoelaces didn't succumb to her fingers' effort and remained immutable. She pouted, and her eyes sparkled in the lonely night's light. 

 

The boy should have found the scene endearing, delightful even, but all he could see was the shadow of a person that was gone now.

 

His eyes went to her fingers that were still fidgeting in an attempt to tie her shoelaces, and he frowned when he noticed that they were slimmer than they used to be. She was still trying when he asked a question. 

 

''Why did you lose so much weight?'' He said, so quietly, that for an instant he thought his words wouldn't reach her ears. But she heard him. The girl stopped moving for a moment, seconds passed until she finally turned her head to face him. 

 

She stared at him, as if she was thinking of what to say. After the most suffocating pause of his life, the girl finally opened , but what came out of the lips he loved so much only confirmed the destiny of his heart.

 

''It's because of the medication, probably,'' she uttered those words with such easiness, that he thought he would just die right there. But as he drowned in his own sorrow, he failed to see how her shoulders trembled.

 

The first tears fell, and he watched as she fought to conceal the sobs from him. But he could see them. And even if he didnt see them now, nothing would ever erase the memory of her crying when the doctor gave them a warning of death.

 

"I'm sorry Miss, but you have been diagnosed with Alzheimers.''


ENTRY NUMBER SEVENTEEN

"Crimson Pink" - fefedove

Karam+OC

 

Karam paints with the colors of the wind.

 

“Pretentious” was my comment when we had first met. 

I had limped over to rest against the lamp post and the wind was biting into my bones. And this crazy man was painting in the dark.

 

But he had turned towards me and explained patiently. And I remember his words so clearly. 

 

“The wind shows me the world. It brings me the warm orange of cooking aromas, the dull gold of a passing car, and the crimson red of a fighting couple. The howling wind is a steel gray canvas and the breeze is telling me that you are a blushing pink, beautiful.”

 

I had scoffed and told him that I have black, bruised eyes and a gash on my cheek. But he had insisted and painted my portrait—soft pink, pale lilac and angel blue.

 

He doesn’t paint now, just traces my features with fingers and lips—an artist’s touch.

 

They flit over my scars and I wish I can be an unmarred canvas for him. I try to be new, better, whenever we meet. But the mistakes pile up, no matter how much white paint is slathered on, etched too deeply to be filled in and erased.

 

Tears fall, splashing on my lips and it stings. 

 

“What happened here?” he whispers. 

 

“Nothing.” He doesn’t have to know that his muse is a broken figurine, pulverized to dust and mashed back together.

 

He murmurs that the wind tells him I’m different every day. “Sometimes you’re a melancholy blue. Other times, there’s so much red. Dark red, bloody red, and angry crimson red.”

 

But he knows that I’m beautiful, always beautiful, tinged with lovely pink.

 

I kiss him back, but I know it’s only because he cannot see.


ENTRY NUMBER EIGHTEEN

"Changes" - kimkimsara

Taeyeon+Tiffany

 

Earth has evolved around the sun ten times, travelling 5,840 millions miles away from its first orbit since the first time our eyes met. Earth has rotated around its own axis for 3,650 times since the first time I see that small dimple on your chin. Days passed, years changed, and I almost believed that eternity was perceptible because things never changed along those span of times we spent together. 

 

Or so I thought. 

 

But I was wrong. We changed. Everything changed. But since we all changed, I failed to notice. 

 

Because I too changed.

 

Do you remember when was the last time we stayed in our room together, talking about nothing to everything? Or when we first kissed and how shy we were after our lips parted?

 

I do remember them all. Undoubtedly. Clearly. Vividly.

 

It is hard for me to learn accepting the fact that things became different. You never grew taller, but you did grow older. Your eyes still captivated me, but they lost their twinkles. The dimple on your chin that always appeared every time you smiled never changed, but the smile had faded abundantly. Your melodious laugh I loved to hear never changed but it lost its voice. And you, the person who used to breath the same air as me, are no longer breathing.

 

I thought things did not change and would never change. But I was wrong. 

 

Though our love had never changed, and would never changed, it now takes a different form. The warmth of your skins that touched mine every time we hugged, or the softness of your lips when our lips locked, is no longer here. My senses had weakened but other heightened; memories. Our memories become my partner. I nurture it, I hold it, and I dance with it.


ENTRY NUMBER NINETEEN

"The Real Me" - alammonayan

TOP+Tiffany

 

The first time I met you, we were just a little kid. 

I’m loud and friendly, so I ask your name.

You never gave me one though, so I called you the snobbish kid.

 

The second time I met you, its 10 years after.

I guess you forgot, so I told you my name again.

I’m still loud and friendly and you’re not the snobbish kid anymore but you’re scary.

This time you told me your name, “Tabi”

 

The third time I met you, we were on some underground place.

My friends brought me here because it so me, so loud and friendly.

I saw you across the room, with eyes sparkling; you really love what you’re doing.

You’re not scary anymore but you’re amazing.

I gonna greet you when you walked passed by me but you seem not to know me.

Then someone called you “Tempo”, you’re still my Tabi, right?

 

The fourth time I met you, I am a graduating student.

We were basically having the time of our lives.

Why do we have to meet again in a place where it is so like me?

Loud and friendly. Definitely me. 

But the sparkling eyes that I fell into are gone.

What happened?

“Hey, gorgeous! You’re checking me out. I would like to check you out.” 

What a disgusting smirk you have there?

You’re not amazing anymore but you’re annoying.

“I’m TOP, what’s yours?” but you gave your most charming and seductive smile.

I gave in.

 

The fifth time I met you, you wore a suit and tie.

I’m not loud and friendly anymore while you’re still annoying but definitely hot.

“Choi Seunghyun, you’re?”

“Do you always have to change your name everytime I meet you? Can’t you remember me?” You looked stunned.

“This is the real me.”


ENTRY NUMBER TWENTY

"Timelines" - DGNA_Foreve

L+Sungjong 

 

Myungsoo stared at the dagger in his hand, knowing it was the only thing tying him to Sungjong. Every time he had it, he was taken back to the time they had together. All the laughter, all the love they had shared in stolen moments...all the death. Every time Sungjong died, it was like a dagger in Myungsoo's heart. He knew that he would have to go through the pain of finding him every time, convince him that they were meant for each other, and woo him. Now he would have to wait, knowing that it was the most painful time in his life. However, where the sun had set in the last chapter of their last life together, there would always be a beautiful sunrise, and with it, a chance to start anew.

 

Sighing, he glanced at his phone, Myungsoo smiled. Tomorrow he would begin his journey again. Knowing where he might be, Myungsoo booked a flight for Busan. He would likely be around Hoya, the man Myungsoo hated most. He had killed Sungjong in their previous life, ripping him out of Myungsoo's existence for that lifetime. Of course, Hoya wouldn't remember it, also refreshed. Myungsoo would just have to bear with it, concentrating on Sungjong only. He couldn't wait to see him, regardless of what he was like this time. Closing his eyes while on the flight, he dreamt of Sungjong and the joy that awaited him. 

 

After three days of searching, he found out where Sungjong was, walking up to their door and knocking softly, feeling the echo in his rapid heartbeat. As soon as the door opened, Myungsoo lost his breath. Sungjong was beautiful, as always. Smiling, he introduced himself. This was a perfect new beginning, and he was going to make the best of it.

 


ENTRY NUMBER TWENTYONE

"Your Love Will Never Leave Me" - Amalya

Karam+OC

 

 For a long time after you passed, the icy fingers of despair clung to me, digging their claws deeper and deeper. Each day was spent in a dull fog with me trudging step by heavy step along a path I didn’t recognize. Shadows tried to speak to me, their voices coming from far off places and in whispered words I couldn’t quite hear. Even the sun held no warmth in the heights of summer, paling in comparison to the glory that had always been your presence.

 

I felt like I was drowning.

 

Suffocating in a dark sea, bereft of air and light and joy.

And yet, before I knew it, a pinprick of luminescence appeared in my misery, almost without me noticing. The mere ghost of a presence began to shadow my steps, hauntingly familiar. For the first time in eternity, I felt warm again. Not the warmth of the sunny, summer’s day: your warmth.

 

As always, you were a breath of fresh air that filled my lungs anew. You were the fire-warmed blanket wrapped around my shoulders to chase away the winter’s cold. You were the morning embrace that encircled me with loving arms and held me close, promising a lifetime of joy.

 

Step by heavy step, you got closer and I realized you had never really left. I had simply shut myself away, running from the pain of losing you. But you were always there. Always shadowing me, waiting until I would feel your warmth again.

 

I see you now.

 

And I’m sorry for not noticing.

 

But now I know you’re always with me. At last, the fog has lifted and I can hear the voices again. But yours is the one I hear most clearly, achingly beautiful like your angelic face and warm smile.

 

Thank you, Hyunchul.


 

 

Note from -Tigress-

OMG I am so lucky. So many of you guys wrote with me in mind for my anniversary and honestly, that makes me incredibly happy. I am so so lucky! Thank you guys so much, I really loved them!!! ♡♡♡