FINAL DRABBLES (VOTING CLOSED!)

Drabble Challenge (CLOSED)

 


 

ENTRY ONE - by AnjuHimeChan

 title: You're my Trick, I'll be your Treat

idol/pairing: Daehyun, Youngjae (B.A.P) / daejae

 

The distant laughter of children made Daehyun's ears twitch. He was lying on a tree branch, arms behind his head, eyes closed. He could smell sweets and the plastic of costumes. Ah, it was this time of the year again.

 

“Leave me alone, Youngjae.”

Daehyun didn't need to look at the person standing at the tree's roots. He knew the sounds of his best friend and what he wanted. The other sighed.

“Come on. It's our chance to go to the human world.”

 

Obviously he knew that. Their supernatural world and the human world existed alongside each other. Merely on rare occasions a passage opened for the two to connect. It had something to do with very old magic. Daehyun hadn't payed much attention in class.

 

He looked down to his friend, who was giving him puppy eyes. Not particularly difficult since they belonged to the werewolf race, unmistakable by the hairy ears on top of their heads, their sharp teeth, pointed nails and long tail. They had bodies similar to a human, yet quite different. The most vital reason why they mostly chose this certain time of the year to visit the human world: Halloween.

 

Youngjae huffed.

“Alright, I'll go alone.”

The not so human boy turned around, his slightly drawn back ears revealing his disappointment. Daehyun pressed his lips together. He really didn't understand why Youngjae was so insistent. What did he like about the other side..? Especially Halloween. It was loud and ugly and annoying and full of sugar and.. Daehyun didn't like it.

 

“Fine.”

He jumped down the tree and walked over to his friend, who grinned contently.

 

 

 

Daehyun watched the younger werewolf happily strolling through the dark streets full of disguised children and parents that knocked on houses and called trick or treat. Of course they also saw teenagers that simply enjoyed the trick part. Daehyun noticed a boy smearing tooth paste on the handle of a car. Well, it wasn't like he himself hadn't been mischievous in his life.

 

He looked at Youngjae again. A group of young adults were laughing at him. Daehyun could hear it.

“Aren't you a bit old for this?”

A girl smirked.

“But it looks cute, doesn't it?”

“Oh, are you into some , wolf boy?”

They chuckled again. Before anyone could stop it, one boy touched Youngjae's ears. The two werewolves froze. Youngjae narrowed his eyes.

 

The next second Daehyun and Youngjae walked away from the group, one boy lying on the ground groaning. The older werewolf sighed.

“That's why we shouldn't have come.”

Youngjae threw him a glance.

“He shouldn't have touched them..”

He walked a bit faster, passed his best friend.

“There's only one person who is allowed to do that..”

 

His words were mumbled, though Daehyun had heard them. He paused for a second, observing the younger. Youngjae tilted his head.

“Are you coming?”

Daehyun followed him. Maybe Halloween wasn't that bad after all.

 


 

 ENTRY TWO - HeeChild

Title: Band-Aids

Characters: GOT7 Mark, TWICE Momo

 

He knelt down, his large hands sliding around her smaller ones and cradling them gently. "It's okay to cry sometimes," he promised, and she looked up, still sniffling, her large, wet eyes rending his heart. Why had he allowed it to get this way? "At the same time, you have to wipe those tears off, right?" he murmured, wiping the tears away with his thumb. "I mean, big, scary vampires like you can't cry." 

 

She giggled, punching him in the shoulder. Mark dramatically fell backward, hand over his heart. "Ah! She struck me! The light is fading!" he exclaimed, and she giggled again.

 

"Rar!" she growled at him ferociously, jumping up and making claws at him. He laughed as he rose, dusting his knees off and holding his hand out. 

 

"Shall we, Momo?" 

 

She nodded, lacing her hand with his. "Come on, Baba! Let's go find Appa!" the small and 'ferocious' vampiress exclaimed. Her adopted father let her pull him along behind her in their quest to find Jaebum (or, more likely, Jaebum's candy). 

 

When they found Jaebum, Mark would definitely need to rob him of the first aid kit so that the next time his angelic -but clumsy- vampire princess (sorry, Countess) fell and scraped her knees running after a cat, he would be ready to handle the situation.

 


 

ENTRY THREE - gnohnuj

Title: The Changeling

 

“To-morrow’s Hallowe’en.”

Daehyun observed the lean, pale figure plucking on the loose threads of his bagpipes with long, slender hands. The boy’s lips were pursed, almost delicately, as he frowned in concentration. He brought his feline eyes up to Daehyun’s face, honey-coloured irises fixed intently on him, and nodded.

Daehyun hesitated. “Yeh’ll be gone then?”

“They’ll be throwing me in the bonfire,” Youngjae said matter-of-factly, a lilting tone heavily accentuating his syllables.

“You could stay.” Daehyun bit his lip. “Hide out on the moor. I reckon they won’t look for you far.”

Youngjae sighed and placed his bagpipes down. Daehyun scooted closer and took his hand in his. Youngjae looked down. Daehyun’s skin was a light olive, his rough palms calloused by the hard labour he had to endure out on the field. Youngjae’s skin was smooth, and a pale that was almost unnaturally translucent. His fingers were longer than a human’s—though it wasn’t noticeable unless one looked closely enough. He brought his gaze up to Daehyun’s deep brown eyes and slowly slipped his hand away from the other boy’s grasp, his chest constricting once he saw the hurt flash across Daehyun’s eyes.

“Methinks it’s best you forget me.”

“Never.” Daehyun shook his head forcefully.

“I’m a changeling, Daehyun,” Youngjae said, looking down at his hands angrily. “I don’t belong in your world.”

“Nay, you belong with me,” Daehyun said desperately. “Please, Youngjae.” 

The changeling forced his gaze back up to meet the human boy’s pleading eyes. “Stay with me.”

They stared at each other for a long time. Eventually, Youngjae broke eye contact.

“I’m sorry.” 

“Your mam and da’–”

“Will have their bairn back,” said Youngjae. “They won’t miss me. No one will.”

He ignored the prickling in his eyes and continued, “And yeh’ll grow up and marry a handsome lass… or lad.” He gave a tinkling laugh that melted into the quite rustle of the autumn leaves around them. “Yeh’ll forget me.”

They watched as the wilting tree in front of them wept a few more leaves.

“Let me come with you,” Daehyun suddenly said.

“’Tis dangerous,” Youngjae whipped his head round to fix his lover a stern look.

“I’m not afeard.”

“‘Tisn’t your world.” As if to further emphasise his point, Youngjae added, “Yer human.”

“So?”

“My kind of folk don’t mix well with humans.”

“You don’t have to go back to the moor.”

Youngjae blinked, surprised. Daehyun was right. He didn’t have to go back. He turned back to the wild, fiery colours of the forest in front of him and felt a flame of hope ignite in his chest. They could go somewhere far yonder and live together. It didn’t have to be like this.

“Aye, I don’t,” he eventually said. He raised the blowstick to his lips. “You can take a kip if yer tired.” 

The first few blaring sounds of a Scottish tune cracked the still air and Youngjae smiled slightly as he felt Daehyun rest his head on his lap.

 


 

ENTRY FOUR - fefedove

Title: Like Magic

 

“Eat this. It’ll give you magic powers.”

 

That’s not usually something that bodes well and Sehun looks up. A boy dressed entirely in black swings gracefully onto the car roof Sehun’s sitting on and offers a small object. Under the blackness of the dark night, the boy looks like the Grim Reaper. Kicked out after the biggest fight about the smallest thing and crying alone in an abandoned car lot, Sehun would welcome Death with open arms.

 

But then he realizes it’s just Tao—the weird emo kid from school. He looks dangerous now, ebony eyes flashing with a wild gleam.

So Sehun hurriedly wipes at his tears, puts up his guard and just stares.

 

Tao doesn’t seem to mind. Shrugging, he retracts his outstretched hand and looks up. Sehun can’t help but do the same. The moon is just a sliver of light in the sky tonight, barely cutting through the clouds.

 

“Sometimes you just gotta say ‘ you’ to the things ing you up,” Tao starts without preamble. “Try to find the small nice things that everyone misses. Like fall is the season when everything dies. But you can jump around in piles of dead leaves and they make cool sounds when you step on them, yeah? Sometimes you can only wait things out. Or take a breather before getting back at it. And watch some cat videos on YouTube every now and then. Keeps you sane, I’m telling you.”

What he says doesn’t really make sense. But the way he says it makes Sehun want to believe it. Just wait until high school is over and he can leave everything. Just stop and rest before . . . but he doesn’t want to “get back at it.” He wants it to be over. 

 

“Or eat some candy and relax, yeah?”

 

Sehun glances skeptically at his again-outstretched hand. The purple pill isn’t a perfect shape, kind of oblong with small bumps and scratches. But not everything can be perfect in the world. 

 

He wants to ask Tao why he’s being so nice. Why Tao bothered to say so much when nobody’s really nice to him and doesn’t have to care about Sehun. 

Instead, he asks, “Is that a drug?”

 

“Nah, man. I sell drugs. I’d never give them out for free,” Tao replies, laughing the kind of laugh that’s more like exhaling loudly through one’s nose. “And anyway, depression’s a helluva drug. Positivity too.”

 

“So what’s the magic power?”

 

Tao laughs again. “Power to cheer up. Pretty cool, yeah?”

 

Sehun decides there’s nothing to lose. He accepts the candy and pops it into his mouth. 

 

It’s grape flavored, he realizes. He hates that chemical taste with a burning passion, but it leaves a warm feeling in his guts. 

Works like magic. 

 

“Hey, you have a nice smile.”

 

Sehun looks off into the distance, hoping the blackness hides the redness of his cheeks. 

 

“Thanks.”

 

It’s the most genuine thing he’s said in a while and Tao returns the smile.

 


 

ENTRY FIVE - Meleodiseu

"Trick or Treat!"

 

Dongyeol couldn't believe his luck. While his parents took his younger siblings out for Trick or Treating, he was stuck with the duty of handing out candy to anyone who stopped by.

 

"You're too old to go out anymore, Dongyeol. The neighbour's are starting to get a bit weirded out handing candy out to a seventeen year old." That was the only explanation he got and, in his professional opinion, it was one of the worst. He was supposed to go out with Hwanhee and Wooseok as well and they had even gotten a group costume together!

 

Hwanhee was Thing One, he was Thing Two, and Wooseok was The Cat in the Hat. It was perfect and his stupid parents just had to go and ruin what could easily constitute as one of the best nights of the year. He could still hear the disappointment in Wooseok's voice when he called to tell him.

 

So here he was, eating a huge bowl of popcorn while attempting to watch a horror movie. Between having to pause it when someone rang the doorbell, a smile plastered on his face while he cooed over the little kid's costumes and handed out more than his parents specified, and distracting himself with his phone when the really scary parts came onto the television, he couldn't tell what was going on in the movie anymore. All he knew was that there was this creepy dude going into people's dreams and killing them in horrible ways.

 

Enraptured by the current scene- Freddy being lit on fire and locked in the basement- he let out an undignified shriek of fear when a loud banging came from the front door, followed shortly by a "Hey, doofus! Open the door!" then some muffled words of two people arguing and a different voice yelling out "Trick or Treat!"

 

Gathering his courage, Dongyeol opened the door slowly to reveal Hwanhee and Wooseok's smug faces. "So... did we scare you?" Wooseok asked, a smirk on his face.

 

Dongyeol could feel his face heating up as he spluttered out a "N-no. Stupid." It was a childish comeback but it made him feel slightly better.

 

Before Wooseok could retort with his better retorts, Hwanhee quickly cut in. "Anyways, we went out and got candy and felt bad that you were stuck with door duty so we decided to come out and share it with you." It was said all in one breath and his face was tinged with red as he breathed in deeply, causing an amused chuckle to slip from Dongyeol. Opening the door wider and ushering the pair in, they all sat on the couch.

 

"You didn't have to do this guys, but thanks." Truthfully, it did make him feel better and he wasn't nearly as scared as the horror movies now.

 

Startled when he felt two kisses pressed into each cheek, it was Wooseok who spoke,

 

"Of course we did, Dongyeol."

 

He was positive he was blushing the rest of the night.

 


 

ENTRY SIX - YuYuan

Little Antirrhinum Sprout

 

ghee

 

Autumn is Sohee’s favorite season, as the leaves change colors making the world appear like a beautiful oil painting. Perfect for strolls and linked hands, jumping into puddles and diving into piles of foliage. Decorating the living room with the chestnuts and acorns they have found earlier in their forest treasure hunt whilst pretending to be pirates roaming the sea. 

Enjoying the last warm sunny evenings on the roof deck, or the first cold mornings when he purposely chooses to stay in bed for as long as possible pulling her closer and huddling his nose into the crook of her neck until she was late too. It all was forgotten in the evening when Jiyong joins into the snuggling session in front of the TV while stealing her hot beverage. She has started it though as she always takes his blanket to wrap herself in and then it ends up getting spilled when they playfully fight for the remote. She always wins because how could he argue with the reason of being missed so much that she had to take what hold his scent. But more than all those things she loved the fog especially those days when it covered the city and made even the silhouettes of the skyline disappear. On those days the apartment seems to become a desolated island surrounded only by a thick grey ocean of haze. 

 

“Seunghyun and Hyori invited us over for a Wine-tasting evening next weekend.”

 

Fall is the ending of the summer and the beginning of the winter. The perfect season for changes and new beginnings. He sounded so excited about the invitation that she almost felt guilty for having to disappoint him. 

 

“I think I will have to pass on that generous offer of Top sharing his expensive goods with us.”

As expected he does glare at her sulkily, Jiyong hasn’t seen Top ever since he left to focus on his acting career. It doesn’t surprise him, Sohee never found pleasure in drinking but she usually went for him.

 

“How about inviting him over for Halloween?”

She counter-purposes trying to ease the tension.

“And how is your Halloween costume doing?”

Luckily, successful as Jiyong eyes lit up in delight and a wide toothy grin follows.

“It’s going to look amazing, and I can’t wait to scare-, eh I mean see Daesung reaction!”

Falling hopelessly in sounding serious about the later statement. His excitement however is extremely infectious and before she knows she is giggling along with him. 

“You know you have to eat a lot of candy this year, because I’m not going to be the only one that looks chubby at New Year’s Eve.”

 

To emphasize the meaning of her words she carefully places her hand on her tummy watching happily how he stares at her in a mixture of astounding and utter joy.

“I’m going to be a daddy?”

She hasn’t time to answer him though because she is pulled in a kiss and a tight embrace right after.

 


 

ENTRY SEVEN - Vanillac

Title: Our Eight-Legged Sweet

Pairing/Characters: Chaerin (the narrator, not otherwise mentioned tho) & Dara

Prompts used: Halloween, candy

 

Sometimes, it’s quite nice to just sit down, in a deep breath of fresh air and behold the grandeur of nature all by yourself, someplace that is completely, utterly foreign to you. I often do just that, to free myself from the stress that goes hand-in-hand with my life, from the pressures my family bring upon me. I must do this, do that, study this, be that, yada yada. I’m tired of it all, exhausted, totally ready to drop any minute. I just want to forget my studies, responsibilities, everything for at least one minute, one which would never last. 

So one night, I decided to do just that, except this time, I was not alone.

One of my friends, her name is Dara, tagged along with me on this specific nightly outing to the local park, which coincidentally sits at great size right across from our hotel. The funny thing is, Dara is a total wimp, even more so than you think, and hates dark places and large public areas which, on top of that, might be infested with ghosts (you see: a total wimp). She said it’s dangerous to amble around a foreign city all alone, that on the 31st of October, we should all be relaxing indoors (and I didn’t even need her to tell me why: ghosts). She is a paranoid, superstitious wimp, believe me or not.

 

But it doesn’t bother me in the slightest: we’ve been BFFs for years. I’ve long since accepted this eccentric side of hers. It’s just that we were finally vacationing, enjoying ourselves in New York, where we had never been to before. I wanted to explore the city and witness its beautiful attractions at night, because then, the city is in its prime. But Dara: she prefers sunlight, prefers to do things only when she knows her safety is not at risk. She wanted to visit restaurants, libraries and museums, the kind of all places which you can literally visit anywhere.

So yeah, I was beyond exhilarated when she finally summoned up the courage to come to the park with me, at night, on Halloween (I didn’t think that’d ever happen, but it did, and looking back on it, I’m so proud of her).

We were sat on a wooden bench, and I was staring into space, reflecting, reflecting some more. The park was enshrouded by darkness, which comforted me and agitated my friend. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her having a mental breakdown, could tell by the horrified look on her babyish face.

And then, suddenly, she flinched and shrieked. It happened so fast: she leapt from the bench and went away running. I was thrown off, understandably, and amused at the same time.

 

I took a look at the spot next to mine and spotted an unwrapped candy. It was big and shaped like a spider. How funny, I thought as I unwrapped it and tossed it in my mouth, ignoring Dara’s frantic cries and the commotion she was making in the background. What a wimp.

 


 

ENTRY EIGHT - Suhyo07

 

UNTITLED

"It's Halloween." 

"I know." A smile formed on the girl's lips as she leaned against her boyfriend, who has a bag of taffy in one hand and her hand laced in the other. 

"Do you want to join them?" 

A slight shake of his head, and she immediately knew that the quiet was what he wanted. "The colours blind me." 

A giggle flew out of her blood red lips, and she clapped a palm over it to silence herself. "To you, the world is always black and white, Hakyeon." 

"True. But you filled my world with colour," At this the boy - Hakyeon - bent to touch his lips on the girl's neck gently, like butterfly wings. "Minah." 

"What colour am I?" She asked, curious. 

"Varying shades of everything. Rose red, pumpkin orange, sunflower yellow; they're all imprinted on your skin. It's beautiful. You're beautiful," He sighed, breath raising goosebumps on her skin. 

In reply she hummed, and dipped her fingers into the paper bag, searching through it until she came up with an orange piece of candy, and tried to unwrap it, only to have the autumn wind snatch it away from her fingers, carrying it across the bridge and falling into the river with a slight pop. 

"Have another one," He mumbled, burying his face deeper into the scarf she was wearing. 

She pouted, but sifted through the candy again until she found another orange one, this time grasping it tightly as she unwrapped it, finally popping it into before the wind could snatch it away. 

Just as the taffy passed through her lips, Hakyeon suddenly pressed his lips against hers, wrapping his tongue around it and taking it into his mouth before sticking his nose back into the warm though scratchy fabric of his girlfriend's scarf. 

"Hey!" She protested a moment later, finally out of shock. "That was supposed to be mine!"

"Not anymore." Even though his voice was muffled, she could still detect the slight mischievousness and triumph underneath. 

"Aren't you bored of it? Stealing taffy from my mouth every Halloween," Minah sighed, giving up on the candy and instead ran her fingers through her boyfriend's chocolate locks. 

"Halloween isn't Halloween without candy." 

"And Autumn isn't Autumn without scarves." 

"Exactly. You know me so well," He mumbled, face still stuck firmly in her scarf. 

"Of course," She murmured, tightening their fingers. "After all, I was your girlfriend." 

"And still am," Hakyeon whispered into her ear, mouth pressed against her earlobe. "You never lost me." 

"But you're not here anymore." 

"I'm still here." He tapped the spot on fabric above where her heart was beating. "You never forgot me." 

"True." 

There was silence before the sound of the church bell echoed through the distance, indicating the time. 

"I have to go," Hakyeon's voice was barely a whisper as he started to fade, slowly until his breath was a mere memory, imprinted on her skin. The paper bag dropped onto the spot where he was sitting on a moment ago, and she started to sob silently. 

 

Halloween isn't Halloween without you, Hakyeon.

 


 

ENTRY NINE - kjdzyx

title: falling

starring: Yoongi, Seokjin, and kid!Taehyung

 

 

 

Yoongi hates Halloween. Halloween means children roaming around emitting obnoxious screams, it means people acting out-of-line with their stupid costumes. Halloween means human interaction, and Yoongi hates that.

 

Seokjin loves Halloween. Halloween means children coming to their doorstep with hopeful smiles and bright eyes, it means people dressing up to their favorite image. Halloween means joy for everyone, and Seokjin loves that.

 

This is why Yoongi and Seokjin dating becomes really ironic whenever October rolls around.

 

-

 

Yoongi lets out a disgruntled mumble as he watches, through the closed window, another dead leaf land on their lawn. "See, everything's falling."

 

"That's why it's fall." A chuckle follows. Seokjin pats the empty space next to him on the bed, "Yoongi, come here."

 

The bed dips under Yoongi's weight. Seokjin smiles meekly, "I think we need to talk." He continues when Yoongi doesn't answer, "It's that time of year again. Yoongi, tomorrow's October."

 

Seokjin can see that Yoongi wants to groan when the latter rolls his eyes. "For the fifth time, I am not dressing up for the stupid Halloween."

 

Another chuckle. "That's what you said the previous four times."

 

Yoongi refused to dress up four years in a row, and failed to follow through his refusals four years in a row, too. It's not that he's easy. It's just that when it comes to Seokjin, Yoongi always gives in.

 

"And this is me saying it for the fifth time." True, Yoongi might always give in, but maybe not so soon.

 

"Yoongi, please. Do it for the kids."

 

"Exactly why I'm not doing this."

 

-

 

When Yoongi closes the door after two masked ghouls walked off with their baskets filled with gummy bears, he speaks loudly into their living room. "I hate you and your love for Halloween and your ability to coerce me with your pout to make me hand out candies to little people."

 

"It was cute when the kids called you Mister Cat Sir, though," Seokjin's eyes travel over Yoongi, lingering on the cat ears popping up on top of Yoongi's head, "Suits you well."

 

A string of loud knocking and a child's 'Trick-or-treat!' stops Yoongi from sending Seokjin his ultimate death glare. Putting on a more friendly expression, he opens the door.

 

Immediately his lips curl up for real.

 

The little boy standing on their doorstep is surely the cutest thing Yoongi's ever seen. He's looking up with big, round eyes almost shining with hope, and a grin so wide that stretches his mouth into a rectangle. His eyebrows are lifted, maybe because of the anticipation. The whole face screams honest innocence, and Yoongi finds himself liking this particular scream already.

 

"Trick-or-treat!" The little boy chirps, "Hello! You look really really nice, sir! Can I please have some candy? I love candies! Mommy said I shouldn't eat lots, but I still love candies! Oh! By the way, I'm Taetae!"

 

Yoongi's heart soars. Seokjin can almost feel it.

 

Perhaps Yoongi can finally start enjoying Halloween as well.

 


 

ENTRY TEN - gaksitalGaksital

Title: The Maiden 

Theme: Halloween

 

He took up his weapon while he stood on the edge of his raft. It rocked carelessly over the inky black waters. He raised his great sword, admiring the way the rubies gleamed. Under a sky studded with stars, where the canopy of moonlight spilled over the lake, the boy ignored the crawling fingers of shadows. 

 

 

He shuddered, and it was not because of the icy wind that prickled his skin. With a wary inhale, his large eyes swept across the silhouettes of sycamores and conifers in the distance. The shadows were so close that little Jungkook heard their malicious hissing in his ears. His blood chilled, congealing in his veins until his limbs were heavy. 

 

 

The search for the Maiden of Light was not easy, and in the heart of darkness, what little hope he felt was extinguished by the sinister whispers. Kneeling over the flimsy raft, Jungkook noticed a distorted outline beneath the ruffles of waves. His heart throbbed in his chest, like a firework without escape. 

 

 

“Light!” he exclaimed, raising his sword. He willed on the powers of the Maiden to guide him. 

 

 

The metal glowed and the raft picked up pace. A hump of water lifted behind him with a stupendous and oscillating groan. The blood-curdling shriek echoed against the hollow land but there was no soul in sight to aid him now. The little vessel left a spray of foam in its attempt to get away from whatever monster chased the boy. 

 

 

The hump elongated and when the cryptic moonbeams illuminated the twisting waves, Jungkook caught the jagged white of fangs and the crimson of serpentine eyes. A hiss ensued as the creature undulated out of its aquatic barrier, revealing the lithe, cylindrical body as tall as the trees, scaled with shiny greens and blues. It bared its two-foot fangs with a menacing display of its forked tongue. 

 

 

A horrified scream rumbled out of Jungkook’s mouth. In a blinding endeavor, a burning column of light was thrown at the giant snake from the tip of his sword. The beast wailed. Jungkook steadied himself, anticipating the next blow, but the snake dived back into the waters, leaving a large wave in its wake. 

 

 

Jungkook clung onto the pole in the middle of his raft, gritting his teeth as water poured over his head, saturating him. The raft capsized and he screamed as he felt the slimy body of the snake wrap around him, pulling him deeper into oblivion. 

 

 

His hand reached for the moon’s reflection as he drifted deeper down the lake. 

 

 

Suddenly, a beacon of bright light tore through. It swept aside the water, scorched the beast but Jungkook was unharmed. 

 

 

“Jungkook?” the Maiden called whimsically. “Are you alright?”

 

 

The mountains fell into dust. The lake shriveled up and the stars became immobile. The raft reappeared but it was no longer a flimsy, little raft. 

 

 

Five-year-old Jungkook jumped to his feet, and ran into the arms of she he loved the most in the world.

 


 

PROMPT ELEVEN - butternugget

Title: Elephants wailing into the night (Bushes make great hiding places)

Starring: Krisho, Jongin, Minseok, Zitao, Jongdae, Luhan, Sehun (In order of appearance)

 

“Honey, don’t forget to make sure Jongin doesn’t eat too much candy, okay?” Suho smiled, balancing a giant bowl of candy in one arm while patting his youngest son on the back. “And remember, Zitao’s lactose intolerant, the milky way bars are really bad for him. Oh, and Minseok can’t eat any toffee, his braces will glue his teeth together and he’ll look like a jack o'lantern for the rest of his life-”

 

 

Kris simply let out a dopey smile in return. “I’ve got this, don’t worry about us.” Their three sons blinked up at Suho innocently, and Suho felt himself melt a little, sighing to himself happily.

 

 

 

And in the blink of an eye, they were gone, and Suho finds himself staring googly-eyed at a child dressed as a devil tossing a bucket of water in his face.

 

“Hehe, oops, you’re not Minseok,” the little rascal giggled, tossing the now empty bucket over his shoulder, launching it straight into Suho’s prized Petunia bushes.

 

 

“Your costume is fitting,” Suho half hissed, shutting the door (gently) in the boy’s face. Almost on second thought, Junmyeon dumped a couple mini snickers bars through the letter slot in the door, giving the greedy, satanic, child of the devil the most evil of evil eyes as he did so. The boy snatched up the candy and grinned right back.

 

 

Meanwhile, Minseok watched from under a nearby bush, a blush creeping steadily across his face.

 

 

~~~

“Daddy!” Zitao shrieked, tugging on the hem of Kris’ shirt. “Mine!”

Kris turned to see a young boy who couldn’t be older than three sitting in a red wagon, the ears of his elephant costume flapping as he nibbled on the wrapper of a milky way bar.

 

“Candy,” the little boy babbled, slobbering all over the wrapper. Zitao let out an angry hiss, and Kris was busy deciding whether roaring at the tiny thief would be too intimidating when a sheepish looking seven year old dressed in a deer onesie suddenly popped up in front of him.

 

“Hi mister, I’m sorry that my brother took his candy,” the boy said, his words tinged with a slight accent, returning to his futile attempts of prying the candy out of the elephant’s hands.

“It’s okay, right, Tao?” Kris smiled, but Zitao only returned a scowl.

Zitao decided that now would be a good time to poke stealer’s eyes out, and make him pay for his sins.

“Lu-hyung!” The elephant cried, simultaneously releasing his grip on the candy bar, which the deer placed back into Zitao’s pumpkin candy basket. He hastily waved farewell to Kris, before grabbing hold of the wagon’s handle and sprinting away into the night, the elephant boy’s wails echoing around the neighbourhood.

 

 

 

And Kris grinned in amusement before he realised- “Tao, where are your hyungs? Tao? Tao?”

 

~~~

 

“Children, why are you hiding under a bush?”

Jongin, Minseok, and Zitao glanced at each other, before looking back into Suho’s anxious (and very perplexed) eyes. 

“It’s all daddy’s fault-”

 

“Knew it.”

 


ENTRY TWELVE - meeno24315

Title: Of Caramel and Other Sweet Things

 

“Babe, can I not?” he asks me for the umpteenth time, tugging at his hair.

 

“Jeon Jungkook,” I say firmly, “You’re wearing your regular white t-shirt and jeans. The only thing extra is that sailor’s hat on your head.” 

 

He grumbles as I fix his bangs until they settle adorably across his forehead. I stand back and admire his fit physique through the form fitting top. Tippy toeing, I kiss him lightly on his lips and whisper, “My own strong Popeye.” 

 

A smile tilts the corners of his mouth upward and he mutters, “My own beautiful Olive Oyl,” before returning a gentle kiss. His eyes sparkle as I gaze into them while melting. It didn’t matter whether it be my first or one hundredth time looking at him, he could always make my knees weak by a simple glance. 

We are standing at the door waiting and my eye catches the bowl of wrapped taffy we have left for trick-or-treaters. Unfortunately, Jungkook had also been eyeing the candy and before I can pick up a piece, it has already ended up in his hands. He knowingly smirks and looks straight at me while unwrapping it. In slow movements that I know are to tease me, he holds the taffy in the air before popping it into his mouth and smacking his lips. 

 

“That was mine!” I pout and frown at him. 

 

“There’s a whole bowl there,” he gestures behind him at the pumpkin-shaped bowl that is indeed filled to the brim. 

 

I don’t yield beneath words. “But I wanted that one.” This time it is my turn to gesture to the candy that pokes beneath his cheek. 

 

He tilts his head while the smirk never leaves his face and raises one eyebrow slightly without a word. I feel my heart skip a beat along with a surge of annoyance as he knows that the look he has just pulled is my ultimate weakness. 

 

“Do you still want it?” 

 

The simple of my lips is all that is needed for an answer. He takes a step closer towards me and places a hand on the crook of my back. Leaning forward, I feel his soft lips against mine. They taste of salt and caramel. The taffy passes from him into my mouth. I can feel myself blushing when he ends the kiss with a quick swipe of his tongue on my bottom lip. 

 

“How does it taste?” 

 

“Sweet…” I mumble. His piercing gaze sends goosebumps down my arm. 

 

I turn and notice a new visitor. Laughter bubbles within me, seeing her furrowed brows and stance with her arms across the red top matching her mother and mischievous eyes matching her father. 

 

“Sweet Pea, what’s wrong?” I bend down towards her. 

 

She stomps past me and stands before Jungkook at her complete height of a four year old. 

 

“Daddy, me too!” she huffs, pursing her lips up at him.

 

I laugh, watching as my husband unwrap another piece of taffy.

 


 

ENTRY THIRTEEN - faithful-lie

Delight

yerixSeulgi and SeulgixIrenexJoy 

 

"Open up!"

Yerim parted her lips as Seulgi's hand drew close, fingertips dragging across her tongue as the older woman deposited the sweet in .

"We have Turkish delight?" Yerim, mumbled, humming happily as the familiar taste bloomed. Seulgi leaned a little closer, dark strands of hair just brushing along the outside of a pale exposed arm. Yerim wound her arms around her waist, pulling her closer until she lay down pretty much on top of her.

"We do, how else could I hope to keep you in here on All Hallows' Eve?" She shifted closer, one hand sliding across Yerim's stomach before tracing her ribs, touch light and teeming with affection.

"Remind me, why can't we leave?" Yerim sighed, extending her hand, anticipating another sweet. She watched as the brunette gestured to the box, willing it towards them until it settled across Yerim's hips.

"You ask me every year though the answer will never alter; it's not safe. The streets will be alive with hunters, our kind are even more vulnerable at this time, even if to the untrained eye we blend in perfectly amongst the oblivious humans demanding treats or playing cruel tricks." Seulgi paused and sat up, gazing down at Yerim with wide, firm eyes. "The sheen of our skin, the natural shine of our hair under the moonlight, our colourless eyes. All are so much more visible on this night." Yerim sighed. She knew,  but she was curious. 

Ever.

So.

Curious.

"Then tell me this," she began and Seulgi inclined her head, "tell me of an eve spent in the moonshine, you can at least give me that if you deny me the sight; lend me your eyes." Seulgi shifted to sit up against the headboard, allowing Yerim to climb into her lap.

"My last night as a human was with Joy and Joohyun. We climbed up to a fairy ring positioned high above the village from which we came. The moon was bright and high in the sky, the trees already almost , the grass dry underfoot, but the air was warm, deceiving. The night before All Hallows' Eve when we'd thought ourselves to be safe, never considering what dancing and cavorting about in a fairy ring could symbolise at such a time of year. I will never forget the smoothness of Joohyun's skin, the softness of Joy's lips..." She trailed off for a moment and, when Yerim glanced up at her face, her eyes were glazed over, misty with nostalgia. "Our actions summoned something akin to a succubus and yet, not quite... You know the rest." Yerim wriggled round to face Seulgi, softly running her fingers through her lover's hair, looking on as Seulgi recomposed herself.

"I know." Yerim replied, leaning ever closer. "That's why you have me." She laid her lips across Seulgi's gently, hesitantly. "Thank you for telling me." She smiled, then nuzzled into the side of Seulgi's neck. "You know I'll always stay with you right?"

Seulgi gave no answer.

 


 

ENTRY FOURTEEN - kitkat2099

"Trick Or Treat", Pairing - SunDae/Taeyang, Daesung

 

Daesung couldn’t help but smile at the pair in front of him. How could he not? The sight of his husband with children was one that could bring cheer to anyone’s day. There was just something about how being with kids put light in his face and brought brightness to his being. It was a truly heartwarming sight to behold. Dae counted himself lucky that he got to witness it every day. He continued to watch the pair, and couldn’t help but laugh as the little girl, fluffed her tutu dress and twirled around, dislodging her tiara into her eyes.

 

“Appa!” The five year old fussed at the father who was kneeling in front of her. “Daddy didn’t put enough clips to hold it in,” she further declared handing the headpiece to Youngbae so that he could attach it properly. “You do it please? I don’t want it to fall off tonight.”

 

“Your wish is my command, my princess,” the man answered with a sweeping bow, garnering giggles from both his little girl and his love. Tonight was a big night for his little angel and he wanted her to enjoy it. They chose this time of year for their visit to the States so that she could experience her first time trick or treating. Bae wasn’t sure who was more excited, his daughter or himself. 

 

Daesung and Youngbae had never gone trick or treating as kids, Halloween really only just having reached Korea in the last few years. But they had both watched it on television with the American shows they had seen growing up. It looked like such fun. Now they would get to experience it through their own child’s eyes.

 

Youngbae finished reaffixing the small sparkly tiara upon his daughter’s head and handed her a jack-o-lantern shaped bucket. Dae beamed even wider, his heart feeling like it might burst out of his chest, as he watched her reach up and take Bae’s hand in her own small one. She looked back and called out to him as they headed for the door. “Are you coming Daddy?”

 

Daesung quickly stood from his seat to follow along behind them. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world sweetheart.”

 


 

ENTRY FIFTEEN - Inspiration77

Beautiful Autumn 

Woohyun×OC

Prompt: Autumn

 

Autumn was exceptionally beautiful that year. The shades from yellow to orange looked more alluring that year, and the breeze from Winter was already touching me. Autumn, was simply beautiful that year.

 

I felt like perfecting my brown locks more than usual, felt like I should have applied some make-up, felt like presenting myself in a velevet dress, felt like I had to be here in a Bugatti Veyron. I just had the urge to be in my best form when he was near me! 

 

A yellow leaf brushed by my nose, and my nose felt itchy. I prepared to sneeze, when I caught his stare at me through my blurry vision. Out of all the scenerios, the first time my prince charming had to look at me was when I was about to sneeze?

 

I let out a sneeze, a tickly sensation spreading across my whole body. As I pulled myself together, I found him standing right in front of me. I gulped. Did he catch me checking him out too?

 

He raised his eyebrows at me, and I knitted mine together. What was he trying to imply by that gesture?

 

"Do you have anything you want to share with me, apple pie?" He asked me, smiling. I felt butterflies flying around in my stomach, and I pretended to fix my hair in order to hide my blushing cheeks. To my greatest surprise, he brought his hands up to my face and brushed my hair out of my face.

 

"You look prettier with your face revealed. Uh duh of course you do!" He said and laughed at his own joke. His skin dips near his philtrum when he smiles, and looks absolutely adorable. But he just complimented me, that's what got me blushing again.

 

"Um... Sunbae, I am sorry but I have to say s-something...to you."

 

This is it, Aerium. It's now, or never.

 

"I really like you...Mr...um..Sunbae.. I have liked you since I saw you for the first time in school..." I mumbled out, and I am sure the sentence had lesser enthusiasm and emotion than I had originally planned to exert in it.

 

There was a moment of silence. I was looking down the whole while, even though I was curious of his reaction.

 

"It's okay I know-" He cut me off, laughing. He almost fell on the ground and held onto me for support. My body stiffened as a reaction to his warm touch.

 

"You still don't know my name, do you?" He asked while laughing.

 

"...No..." I replied, whispering. Yes, I didn't know his name, I didn't know the name of my crush.

 

"Pabo. At least I knew your name, Shim Aerium..." He said, smiling genuinely at me, unlike his usual cheesy grin.

 

I felt his hands brushing the stray strands of hair away from my face. Ignoring the butterflies in my stomach, I took in the most beautiful words carved on the shiny name plate attached on his blazer- Nam Woo Hyun. I learnt the most beautiful name, saw the most beautiful man, uttered the most beautiful words and felt the most beautiful feeling in Autumn. Autumn has always been anything but beautiful.

 


 

ENTRY SIXTEEN - Amalya

“The Perfect Night”

The temperature was not too cold, the stars twinkled in the night sky, and hordes of strangely dressed children amassed in the streets. Spookily bedecked porches beckoned amidst eerie lights and ghostly lawn decorations made vague promises to scare those who dared the forbidden spaces. This was the perfect time for Hyosung to walk among the humans. She stretched her arms above her head with a satisfied smile as she sat on a white fence in a black body suit while no one paid her a second glance.

A small gaggle of differently dressed children ran by, tittering behind their hands and face masks. They couldn’t have been more than ten or eleven, with a bizarre collection of the lovely mingling with the horrible. As she watched them, her ears flicked back when she sensed someone eyeing her.

“Yah!” she yelped at the curious tug on her tail. “Don’t pull on that!” Hyosung snapped, jumping off the fence to glare at her accoster.

She saw a tiny pirate, complete with a pulled up eyepatch and a stuffed parrot on his shoulder. He had a tiny sword stuffed into his belt, but he was staring up at her wide, dark eyes. “I thought it would come off,” he admitted.

“No,” she laughed, leaning on the fence. “It’s quite attached.”

“What about these?” he asked, automatically reaching for her ears.

“Ow, ow, ow!” Hyosung whined as he pulled on the furry triangles sticking out from her wavy, ebony hair.

“Oops,” he gasped and took a step back, even more amazed.

“They’re attached too,” she winced, rubbing at the offended appendages.

“Are you a real monster?” he wondered aloud.

Hyosung laughed in delight and stood up with a giggle before posing provo- cutely with her hands curled in front. “I’m Hyosung the kitty cat,” she winked. “Do I look like a monster to you?”

“No,” he admitted with a shake of his head.

“Then I’m not a monster,” she giggled, bending over to be closer to him again. “But you look like a pirate.”

“Yeah!” he cheered, taking his sword from his belt and awkwardly swishing it in the air. “I’m Captain Himchan of the…” he began enthusiastically but trailed off at the end. “I hadn’t thought of that part yet,” he admitted with a sheepish grin.

“Well Himchan. I think you make a cute pirate,” Hyosung praised, reaching over to bop him on the nose.

“Pirates aren’t supposed to be cute!” he denied quickly, waving his sword at her.

“Well you are,” she confirmed, ears twitching when she heard something. “Oops!” she laughed, glancing over his shoulder. “Time for me to go,” Hyosung added, seeing three pairs of glowing eyes in the shadows of the trees.

“Really?” he pouted, a heartrending expression if ever she saw one.

“Really,” she nodded, patting him on the head. “Happy Halloween, Himchan,” she grinned before bounding over him and disappearing into the trees as if she’d never been, leaving a wide eyed boy in her wake.

 


 

ENTRY SEVENTEEN - boneofmysword

 

 Endlessly Sweet

Pairing: G-Dragon and Seungri

 

* * *

 

“Ji, wha—”

“Ssshhh… I’ve told you; don’t open your eyes.” 

“But…” Seungri bit his lower lip and frowned. His hands were inside Jiyong’s hold, being led to someplace he didn’t know since the other guy told him to close his eyes before the taxi stopped.

Nobody said a word and Seungri’s ear heard voices—voices he was familiar with… A park? But before he could say anything, he was already seated on a wooden surface.

“Don’t open your eyes!”

Seungri scowled, but he did what Jiyong told him anyway.

“Open your hands.”

The knot their fingers formed were untangled gently by Jiyong, who was humming while doing so. Seungri, his palms were open then, suddenly felt lost once he felt nothingness against his skin. “Ji…?” called the blonde, almost in a whisper, until he felt something dropped in his hands.

“This one,” Jiyong’s voice sounded soft amidst the sound of rustling winds as the wind blew, “is for the first time I met you. And this,” along with the words, the man put another thing inside Seungri’s open hands, “is for the day when I first asked you out.”

“Ji, what’s—”

But Jiyong didn’t stop—it seemed like he didn’t hear the blonde at all as he continued putting something in Seungri’s hands. Each time the guy did it, he also mentioned things from their past: their first date, the confession, their first kiss, their first big fight, the day when they graduated from college together, their first , the first time they went for a holiday together, the day when Jiyong took him to meet his parents, their first fancy dinner and how the night became even better as they ended up having picnic at the park, still in their suits and leather shoes…

Without having to open his eyes, Seungri knew that his hands were no longer able to hold all the things Jiyong kept putting in them. They were probably already piling up as he could feel a few sliding down, falling to the ground, but his boyfriend still continued.

“It’s for every little thing you’ve done that makes me smile… although sometimes it annoys me. And for the last one, Babe… open your eyes now. Please?”

Wordlessly, the blonde opened his lids and his vision was soon greeted by the splash of soft pink and milky white heaping up inside his open palms. Only in a split second, he immediately recognized them as his favorite milky strawberry candy. “Ji…”

When he raised his gaze, Jiyong’s smile and sparkling dark eyes weren’t the only one he was seeing.

“Sorry for the lack of diamond, but I promise you’ll get one later,” Jiyong showed him the bright red ring pop he was holding, “Only if you say yes, of course. So… here’s the big question: Marry me, Lee Seungri?”

And what could Seungri do aside from bobbing his head and throwing himself to kiss the other man?

“Yes, Kwon Jiyong.”

 


 

 ENTRY EIGHTEEN - 

DISQUALIFIED

 


 

ENTRY NINETEEN - restless_maknae

Title: Manly man

Pairing: Jung Hoseok (BTS) + OC

 

It was our first date with Hoseok and the first Halloween that we spent together. Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to choose this day for our very first rendezvous but at least I found out what kind of guy Jung Hoseok really was.

This year, I decided to dress up as Hermione Granger and waited at the cinema where we decided to meet up. I was expecting him to be Prince Charming or something like that but instead of a real prince-like guy, Hoseok showed up as Darth Vader.

“Seriously?” I couldn’t help but giggle at his costume which was really impressive but Hoseok wasn’t. His trademark grin was creeping onto his face as soon as he saw me.

“Miss Granger, you look lovely,” he boasted one of his boyish smiles. “Or should I say enchanting?” he wiggled his eyebrows and I felt my cheeks heating up a bit, so I gently nudged his shoulder in an attempt to hide my anxiety.

“Are you sure you won’t freak out?” I asked hesitatingly since I didn’t know whether to believe Hoseok who said that he could totally handle horror movies.

“I’m a manly man, Miss Granger. You don’t have to worry, there’s absolutely no way that I would freak out.”

“We’ll see,” I winked at him playfully and that’s how we got into the cinema-hall; laughing and betting on who would get scared first. Of course, I voted for him.

The film started right away and 15 minutes went by like it wasn’t even a horror movie. Yet, I caught sight of Hoseok who was flinching from time to time but he didn’t freak out, so it went pretty well. Suddenly, a screaming little girl showed up whose face was covered in blood and a giant axe was hanging from her side. I subconsciously reached for Hoseok’s hand but the moment I touched it, he jumped from his seat and ran out of the hall, screaming like a crazy weirdo who totally lost it.

“What’s wrong?” I asked when I found him on an abandoned bench outside the cinema.

“Someone touched my hand!”

“It was me, you silly!” I accentuated in between laughs and saw as the realization hit him hard.

“Oh. I thought that was just a staff member messing with the spectators.”

I chuckled as I sat down beside Hoseok who was a little too embarrassed after his weird scene. I knew that he stated that he was the manliest man on Earth but even if he wasn’t, I really appreciated that he had come to the cinema to watch a horror movie with me.

“How about baking some Halloween-themed muffins and drinking hot chocolate at my place? There’s nothing that could freak you out while baking,” I suggested and it didn’t take him long to give in. 

When he bobbed his head in submission, I reached for his hand but it was for real this time. I did it on purpose and he didn’t even run away.

 


 ENTRY TWENTY - DGNA_Forever

Just That Little Thing...Called Candy

MYNAME's Seyong + Toxic's Jeongwoo

 

Walking down the candy aisle, Seyong smiled to himself. He needed to find the perfect mix, but there were so many options. Looking up at the top shelf, he saw what he needed, stretching to the best of his ability. The big bag of candy corn would be perfect for brightening his community and a great addition to his secret giveaway he had planned. No one would know he had done it. He would be pleased with his task, having done his good deed for the month. He just needed to REACH it...

 

Sighing, the young man jumped up, still trying to reach it...but It was no use. Pouting, he turned to go find an employee who could reach the candy for him...and ran head on into a tall, dark haired man. The other man wasn't paying attention, and fell to the floor.

 

Mortified, Seyong laughed nervously, reaching out to help him up. "I'm so sorry! I should have paid more attention." He ran his eyes over the man's lanky frame, grinning when he saw that he was tall enough to reach the candy corn...and very good looking, despite the thick eye makeup. He offered the man a charming, but incredibly cheesy grin, glancing at the candy corn. 

 

The other man was back on his feet by that time, smiling at Seyong. "It's alright." He grinned wickedly when he glanced at the candy corn. "Do you need help with that? You seem a little...vertically challenged." 

 

Seyong laughed, thinking of other things the man could help him with, as his mind was straying from the candy. He cleared his throat, nodding. "Um, yeah. Actually, you're taller than me, so if you could get down two bags of the candy corn for me, I would love you forever." He shook his head, angry with himself for letting those words slip out. "I...I meant that I would be grateful. Otherwise, I'll be here all day. And I'm Seyong, by the way." He could feel his cheeks burning, and he knew it wasn't only from embarrassment.

 

The tall man smiled at him again, reaching up and pulling down three bags of candy corn and dropping two of them into Seyong's basket. "I'm Jeongwoo." Seyong noticed that the other man was staring at him, so he looked down. "Um...are you getting that for your girlfriend or something? You'll give her a sugar high." 

 

Seyong laughed nervously, shaking his head. "No, it's for my community. I give it out every year...anonimously." 

 

Jeongwoo grinned at him. "That's so awesome of you! You don't need help, do you?" 

 

Seyong was surprised, knowing that this could be a great opportunity. "I would love the help. Thanks! You can meet me at the park across from here at 9:00." 

 

Jeongwoo nodded. "I would love that." 

 

 

Years later, Seyong didn't have to regret saying anything about loving Jeongwoo forever, because all thanks to candy, they had found a love to last a lifetime.

 


 

ENTRY TWENTYONE - kimkimsara

 Title: Candies

Pairings: Taeyeon x Tiffany

 

Tiffany smiled at a lollipop and a post-it on her desk while shaking her head in amusement. It was the fourth day since the first time she had found a candy along with a post-it on her table. The candy was always different for each day and the post-it was always filled with cheesy words. She took her seat before taking the lollipop and read the text on the post-it:

 

“A lollipop for the one who always makes my heart pop.”

 

She chuckled softly before putting the lollipop in her bag and pasted the post-it on the wall of her cubicle, next to the other three post-its she had received since four days ago. She re-read them all one by one, started from the first post-it she found along with a pack of gummy bears:

 

“Gummy bears are so cute, sweet, adorable, and tempting! But then, there is you.”

 

She tried her best not to cringe before continued to the second post-it she got along with a bag of cotton candy:

 

“Your smile spins my sugar-hard heart until it softens like cotton candy.”

 

Tiffany scrunched her nose a bit at the lame pick up lane but the smile never left her face as her eyes moved into the third post-it she got yesterday, along with a bag of M&Ms:

 

“Do you know what I like about M&Ms? Because it stands for ‘Me & Miyoung’”

 

She let out a soft laugh, silently praising how the sender could come up with the idea of putting her Korean name into M&Ms.

 

“Look who laughs at her own, early in the morning, huh?” A sudden question startled Tiffany and made her jerk up, resulting a laugh from the voice’s owner.

 

“Yah! Taeyeon!” Tiffany protested at the petite girl who grinned teasingly right beside her. “Why didn’t I notice that you’re here?”

 

“Because you’re too immersed by the romantic words written on that post-its.” Answered Taeyeon teasingly while taking a seat next to Tiffany.

 

“They are not romantic. They are lame.” She faked a shudder and curled her fingers playfully.

 

“Yah! How could you say that?! I put so much efforts these four days, Fany!” The petite girl sulked in her chair, pouting cutely.

 

Tiffany only laughed before smiled teasingly. “You’re cheesy, Taetae.”

 

“Wait until I reveal my masterpiece!” 

 

“Oh really? Try me.” Tiffany challenged.

 

“What’s better than Hershey’s Kiss?” Asked Taeyeon confidently.

 

Tiffany laughed at the question before leaning forward, pressing their lips together, giving a quick peck and pulled away, beaming her eye smile. “Your kiss,” she answered.

 

Taeyeon grinned proudly at the response she got, while blushing a little. “That’s not cheesy right?”

 

“Still cheesy.” Tiffany answered as she started to turn her computer on, getting ready for work, leaving the dejected Taeyeon sulking in her chair again. “But I love my cheesy girlfriend anyway.” She continued her sentence, making Taeyeon grinned once again.

 

“Love you too, Fany-ah.”

 


 

ENTRY TWENTYTWO - SandyLy

"For You" (BTS Jin and OC) 

 

I walked over to the same spot and sat down on the bench, unchanged for one passing autumn. Under the October sky, the water in the pond was as still as a mirror. There was a flock of swans near the water; each significant pair. All but one lone swan. It reminded me of myself. One passing autumn changed everything. The leaves were now a vibrant orange and red, distinguishing itself from the usual green colour, covering the dry path where we used to walk and laugh together. I still remember that day. The day he left me. He was my best friend. My everything. Ever since that day, I let time go past, not looking back to this very spot he left me. I couldn't blame him, but instead I felt hurt. Kim Seokjin, why? It was his dream to be known to the world. We started dating even before he became an idol. It has been one passing autumn, and I still remember the things he said.

 

"I'm sorry, but I think it's best if we break up."

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm an idol, a public figure. If fans found out, my career could end. It's at its peak right now, and I don't think a relationship is going to be healthy."

 

"No...please."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

I stood there, holding in my tears, but suddenly, the dam broke, endless tears rolling down my face. For the past year, I've been cold, frigid and locked myself away. Recently, I've learned to smile again. For every reason to cry, there are more reasons to smile. I haven't seen him, but I followed his news. He was promoting BTS' new album "The Most Beautiful Moment in Life", travelling overseas and achieving their first win.

 

I smiled thinking about all our memories under the October twilight and stood up, only to meet someone's familiar face. It was him. Seokjin. He walked towards me pulling me in for a tight embrace while resting his chin on my head, not saying a single word. 

 

"Did you ever miss me for the past year? That's all I want to know. " I said.

 

"I missed you so much. Not once did you leave my mind." He answered. I could hear his voice stutter as he held in his tears.

 

"Then why did you leave me?" I asked.

 

"I did everything for you. I didn't want you to get hurt because of me. I wanted to protect you from media. This industry. I thought this was the only way but I missed you, so, so much. The song on our album was dedicated to you. I need you." He said.

 

"I missed you too." I said, pulling my arm around him tighter.

 

"Isn't the most beautiful moment in life Autumn?" I asked.

 

"The most beautiful moment in life is when we're together." he said, pulling me in closer as we leaned in for a kiss, right under the autumn sunset as the swans departed in the distance with their partners.

 


 

ENTRY TWENTYTHREE - yummyvanillacream

Title : Autumn Wedding

Characters : Taeyong x Jaehyun

They said it’d be a day to remember. They said it’d be the best day of my life.

 

On a cool autumn morning with a sparkling sun slanting down, I stood at the altar all by myself; black tux, rose in lapel to match my cummerbund, my hands tremulous in an unseen wind as I hid them behind my back.

 

I was admiring the colours, listening to the murmurs of dried leaves that withered and fluttered off the old cedars.

 

The waiting was over, and the day he had been waiting for had come right before my eyes, the love song played by the pianist sounding even sweeter than any fairytale had ever sounded to me. 

 

I closed my eyes, letting all the memories playing back in beautiful slides in the back of my mind, the scene of each moment still giving me tingles like the first time over and over again.

 

Jung Jaehyun, blank expression and tired eyes as he stared into space that one night in the late January.

 

We were no more than strangers, sitting across each other on a commuter train heading to Seoul when my eyes found their way to his, and they met each other like a lock and a silver key.

 

A smile was formed on his face, so endearing though I could notice his hesitance.

 

That was how it all started, and this was what it all led to.

 

I figured him out like learning a new lesson in life, taking notes in my mind about every detail of himself, which only pushed me further in love than I thought I would be. Like a gravity, his heart pulled me towards him, and I fell, not like a dried leave onto the ground, but more like a tree giving up on standing tall anymore.

 

Jung Jaehyun, the one I loved without measure, walked through the aisle, making all the hushed talks of the guests turned down until nothing but the music left in the air, graciously accompanying the steps he took to me.

 

One step closer, and he will be forever mine.

 

One step closer, and time will have nothing against our love.

 

One step closer …

 

I forgot the air, and I breathed him in instead.

 

I loved him like I loved the sea, and I was okay with drowning.

 

Jaehyun stood before me, both of us ready to promise each other forever. Not because we had to, but because we always wanted to.

 

I took his hands in mine, and just like every time I held him, it felt like millions of tiny universes were born and then dying in the space between his fingers and my skin.

 

"Jung Jaehyun, I love you. I love your eyes. I love your smell. I love your hair. I love your laugh. I love your skin. I love everything inside you. And I'll try to make all the parts that I find, happy. Because you make me happy.

 

So much."

 


 

ENTRY TWENTYFOUR - DuchessRhea

Home

 

“Hey Taemin, you’re seeing Amy today, right?” Taemin glanced over at Kibum, only answering with a nod, before returning his gaze to the transparent veil of air that had begun flickering hours before. What else did Kibum think he was going to do? 

It had been a year since he’d seen Amy last. The only time of the year his kind was allowed to cross into the human world was finally approaching: All Hallows’ Eve, or as the humans liked to call it these days, Halloween. It was the one day of the year when the rift between the living world and his world weakened, creating holes in different places that allowed one to travel from one world to another.

Granted, very few humans knew of this phenomenon, whereas every single magical creature, spirit or not, waited impatiently for that day to come.

Some caused havoc and mayhem (this was no doubt was why humans considered Halloween a day of haunting) and others came to complete their unfinished business before they could move on. 

But for many, it was their chance to visit their soul mate.

Taemin found Amy two and a half years ago, half a year after he’d been allowed to cross the rift for the first time. It was law on this side of the divide that no one was allowed to visit the human world until they passed their 20th Halloween, when they’d be allowed one year to live in the human world and complete whatever business they desired. After that one year, however, they were limited to visiting only once a year, on Halloween. 

It had taken a lot of time to convince Amy that Taemin was not actually human, and that he would only be able to be with her for one day of the year. It was not the relationship Amy ever wanted, Taemin knew, but when two hearts connected as intimately as theirs did, there wasn’t much else they could do. Instead, they lived that one day to the fullest.

The clock struck midnight, and Taemin’s skin started crawling as he felt the veil weaken. It was time.

He bid farewell to his friends, who had their own journeys to make, and stepped through the weakened veil to the other side. The first thing he did was breathe in the air; it was different here, and he reveled in it.

“Taemin!”

Opening his eyes, Taemin looked towards the voice, only to see Amy standing there, a grin on her face. At her side were her closest friends, Eric, Kevin and Amber, the last of whom Taemin knew was also waiting for someone from his world. Sure enough, he spotted Hyunchul arrive, causing Amber to break away from the group, as Amy was doing.

Within moments, Amy was in his arms, her head resting on his shoulder as he inhaled her familiar scent.

“Welcome home, love,” she murmured.

Taemin smiled as he kissed the top of her head lightly. 

“I’m home,” he whispered.

 


 

ENTRY TWENTY FIVE - yummyvanillacream

Elevator to Another World

 

Character is NCT Lee Taeyong

 

The doors slid shut.

 

Taeyong closed his eyes, memorising all of the instructions of the game, and took a deep breath as he proceeded to press the number four. The elevator began to rise.

 

Four.

 

Two.

 

Six.

 

Two.

 

Ten.

 

Five.

 

The doors opened… to nothing.

 

Nothing, yet the instructions had mentioned that a girl would likely appear on the fifth floor.

 

He let out a sigh in relief, inwardly laughing at his silliness for believing this ritual was true after --

 

His pulse ramped up in the blink of an eye.

 

Taeyong held a sickeningly loud scream in his stomach, not wanting to believe what he saw; something that didn't even exist in his worst nightmares.

 

The creature was so close to his face that he would've been tempted to stare right into it, had all of the instructions he read not strictly insisted not to acknowledge this “being” in the slightest. She wasn't even a girl; she was more of a horrific image, more of a halo of dark energy with an unnatural aura surrounding her, seeping into the elevator and everything like a vacuum.

 

He reached for the first floor button, appalled by how much his hand shook. But instead of taking him down, the elevator began to rise again, until the number ten lit up on the panel.

 

The doors opened to a dark corridor. Holding his breath, his heartbeat drumming in his chest, he set one foot out of the elevator.

 

"Where are you going?" the unknown entity asked with a terrifyingly whiny voice, stabbing at his eardrums, at his brain.

 

The instructions had said so strictly to ignore her, so Taeyong did, even though he couldn't ignore the fact that his limbs trembled as he started progressing further down the hallway.

 

What if she followed him? He gulped.

 

The worst thrill of fear washed over him as he looked out the windows, where nothing looked like anything he had seen before. The sky matched the description in the instructions: a dark red glowing light with a large black cross hanging in the distance without any explanation. It was just suspended there, so ghastly and ridiculous, that even the idea of its existence haunted him with terror.

 

The front doors to the apartments along the hallway began banging and rattling and knocking and the shock ricocheted up his skeleton, ripping through himself in the worst way. He ran back to the elevator and frantically stabbed the call button like nothing else. But nothing worked, and out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a shadow, the same one that entered on the fifth floor, appearing out of nowhere, only an inch away from his nose. The instructions had strictly mentioned not to ever meet those white eyes, never, but he looked, not just by the corner of his eye, but directly into them.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

His terrified scream never left his lips. 

 

Taeyong fell to the ground, a pile of charred flesh.