Another Chance

One More Chance

 

“Let go of my hand Hyukjae! You’re hurting me!” I begged. My wrist hurts, but not as much as my heart. I tried to hold back my tears. Why is he here? I am supposed to be alone right now. He’s making it worse now.

“No. Listen to my explanation first Fany,” he replied back with a flat tone. I stopped fighting back. I give up. He’ll still force me to listen to all of this.

“I don’t want your explanation Hyuk. I just need to be alone right now. Why do you have to come now? Can’t you just leave me alone? I don’t feel like talking to you at all,” I whispered. I hope he heard that. I know he heard that because he loosen his grip on my wrist right after that.

We are now at a park. This place seems familiar to me. We’ve been here before. Together. When he confessed. What now, I thought. Is he going to break my heart here? Is he going to tell me he was lying all of this time? Here? I tried to calm myself and sit on the bench.

He just stood there. Looking at me. Without saying anything. I can see that he’s feeling guilty right now. And scared. It’s so weird, why is he scared? I am the one who is supposed to be scared because he might just break my heart anytime soon.

“I... I... It’s not like what you think Fany,”

Silence.

“She’s just a friend. My old friend. I bumped into her when I entered the cafe. I didn’t plan on meeting her at all,”

Silence.

“Fany, please. Say something. Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you’ll see me in there, and I don’t know how long you’ve been watching at us at the cafe, but I promise you, she’s just a friend,”

I don’t really know what to say. Should I just believe him? Somehow, I think he’s not lying. He’s telling the truth. But I’m not even sure. What about the phone call then? I stayed quiet. I took a deep breath. I look at him. He’s still looking at me, waiting for an answer.

“I don’t know Hyuk. I don’t know if I should just forgive you, give you another chance or just tell you I don’t trust you anymore. My heart ask me to give you another chance, but, you might just break it again. I know I can’t face it anymore if this happens next time. I don’t know,” I explained and sighed. I waited for his reply. But he’s standing there, looking at me, with a blank expression. I know he’s fighting with his feelings too. I was about to leave when I heard him.

“Why would this happen again Fany? I told you I didn’t plan this. I will tell you if I’m going out with other girls. I know it’s my attitude that makes you stop believing in me, but trust me Fany, I am no longer a player. It was you who changed me and don’t tell me you’re leaving now. How am I supposed to go on now? My heart, only ask for you. No other girl,”

That stopped me. I can feel his sincerity. I feel relieved. For no reason. His confession, just made me feel so relieved. I smiled a bit. I know this, I know my heart is going to give him another chance. I just don’t know if it’s really the right thing for me now.

“Fany, please...” He got on his knees. He’s kneeling in front of me, begging for another chance. Why is he being like this? He’s trying to melt my heart is it? I took his hand, pulled him and just stared into his eyes. Just staring into his eyes and I can see happiness. I see the love. I see his sincerity. I see my Lee Hyukjae. At that instance, I just forgot everything. The girl, and the phone call. Though I haven’t ask him about the phone call, just by looking into his eyes, it makes me forgive him... That easily.

Yes, I think I should just give him another chance. He deserves it. I know somehow, he won’t break it, or at least I hope so. I can see it in his eyes. I hope it’s not lying. I stare at his face, that handsome face. I look back at his eyes and I can see it’s wet now. Maybe because I didn’t say anything. Maybe because he don’t know what my answer will be. He’s still that Hyukjae, that crybaby.

“Promise me you won’t break my heart again. And stop being a crybaby. I am the one who is hurt here, but why are you the one who are crying?” I said and smiled. Giving him my eyesmile. The eyesmile that can melt his heart away.

A drop of tear fell. He closed his eyes. Smiled. And soon after that, he pulled me into a hug. My head rests on his chest. I can hear his heartbeat. And I smiled back. I know that beat, it’s just like mine. It’s beating as if telling me that Hyukjae really loves me. I know he really do, by looking into his eyes just now.

“Why didn’t you answer my phone call? I called you but you ignored all of the calls,” I asked him. I need to clear this thing too.

“Phone? I left it at home, Fany. Why would you even think I’m going to ignore your calls? I waited for all of your calls you know?” He told me while tightening our hug.

I smiled. So much for a jealous Tiffany. I was just too jealous. Maybe I was just feeling insecure. But now, I learned that I won’t be anymore. He changed his life for me. And I am going to do the same too. I have to believe in him. I don’t care anymore. I just feel like he is the one for me. Even though he might just break my heart again one day, but at least for now, I know he won’t. I believe in him now. I just want to stay in his heart forever.

I, Tiffany Hwang, undeniably loves you Lee Hyukjae.

Right now, I want to dream forever with you ♥