Player

One More Chance

 

I was on my way home from college. I thought of dropping by at a cafe near my apartment to grab a cup of coffee. I am tired. I tried to call my boyfriend for a few times but he’s not answering my call at all. Maybe he’s busy. I thought I can just spend some time together with him but since I can’t reach him, it seems like I’ll have to spend my day alone. With my cellphone still in my hand, I pushed the door of the cafe. As I walked into the cafe, someone caught my eyes. My eyes are pointed to the couple who are laughing at each other. They just look happy. And it’s breaks my heart. For the first time, seeing people laughing and enjoying time together, breaks my heart. I am unsure of my feelings now. I don’t know, I just feel... Hurt. My heart is. Why wouldn’t I? The person I tried to call for the whole day is spending his time with some girl here at the cafe. I am supposed to be hurt right? I am his girlfriend and he’s ignoring my calls just to be with another girl.

I tried to ignore the feeling but I just can’t. I really fell for him and his words. I thought that he really mean it last time, when he confessed to me. Little did I know, he’s still a player who will never stop playing with girl’s heart. Including me. Why do I even thought that I am an exception? I should’ve knowthis. I should’ve see this coming to me. I should’ve know that my boyfriend, will always be a player and he might even get bored with me now.

I keep on staring at him. I don’t know what’s so special of him. He’s just an ordinary guy but every time I saw him, my heart beats faster. He got the power. He is that powerful to me, that Lee Hyukjae. And me, Hwang Tiffany, keeps on falling for this guy, no matter how many times he breaks my little heart. What a player.

Then, right at that moment, he lifted his head and shot his eyes, directly towards my direction. I guess he can feel that someone is watching him. His expression, full of shocks. He didn’t expect this I guess. Neither do I. I never expected this. Maybe he didn’t expect that I saw him having fun with that girl in front of him, laughing and talking with so much fun. Maybe he didn’t expect that I saw him holding the girl’s hand. Maybe he didn’t expect that I’ll caught him there, with another girl, when he promised me that day that he will never go out with any other girl anymore, without letting me know just because he wanted to show his love to me.

I stood there. Not moving, not even an inch. I just keep on staring at him, and he stares back at me. He looks confused. Hyukjae-ah, why do you have to do this to me? I gave you my heart, and my trust, but what is all this? I don’t really mind the fact that he’s out with a girl, though I am jealous, but I’m okay with it. But, why didn’t he pick up my calls? He ignored my calls and here he is, with another girl. My boyfriend, I sighed.

I quickly moved my eyes away from him, and went to the cashier. Placed my order and ready to leave with the drinks that I ordered. I tried hard not to look at him, but it’s just impossible. Right when I was about to open the door, I found myself taking a glance at his table. But, he’s not there anymore. Maybe he just left to the gents when he saw me? He’s running away from me. I just shook my head in disbelief. He’s such a coward. I feel the pain in my chest, as if I was stabbed. This, hurts... So much.

I laughed a bit. I might look okay right now, but I’m obviously not okay. I might just lock myself in my room as soon as I reached home. I might cry my heart out later. I’m telling myself that I’m okay, I will be okay, at least until I reach home. I don’t want to be just another girl crying on the streets because of a guy.

I was about to cross the road when suddenly I feel someone grabbed my wrist. “Tiffany...” I heard that person whispered. I know that voice. I know it so well. I didn’t react. I pull my hand back but that person grabbed it back, and soon, I realized that person is dragging me away, somewhere.