Chapter 2

Foul Play

 

In which an old friend and melody make an appearance. 

By the time lunch came around word had spread throughout the whole school about Luhan's and Kai's relationship. Everywhere the two boys went word followed but Luhan could not hate it at all when he finds himself walking down the hallways being allowed to be as affectionate as he wants with Kai. He should have known the air of perfection wouldn't last. He had made it only halfway to where he eats with his friends in the outdoor garden when he was swarmed by reporters. He tries to keep himself from blinking rapidly at the abusive flashing lights. Kai wraps his arm around Luhan's waist and guides him to their table in the middle of the courtyard along with their friends. 
"All of you get out of here before we call the police and press charges for trespassing." Suho's  loud voice bellows deeply; and like that everyone scatters. Luhan sighs as he sits down in between his boyfriend and Sehun while glaring at Yixing as the man chuckles. 
"Don't worry you'll get use to them." And there it was, the stark reminder that Luhan was different than them. He tried to keep himself from grabbing his chest in pain but failed, not going unnoticed by Baekhyun, Sehun, and Chanyeol. Baekhyun stretches his foot across under the table and pats his foot against Luhan's comfortingly. The male  smiles slightly before his lunch out of his bag and eating slowly. He stops after a few bites though as Kai holds out a water bottle and a few pills to him. He smiles gratefully before taking both items and swallowing the pills. He watches as the image of someone in the distance who is so familiar to him fades away along with the music. The melody for him that only he knows. 
That only he can hear. 

A/N: GUYS JUST SO YOU KNOW THE MELODY HE HEARS IS THE PIANO MUSIC TO SO COLD FROM BEN .