iv. it's you and only you

mistaken thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guess what, Tennie? I'm currently into k-dramas these days and..." Doyoung kept on blabbering about what he is currently into right now but stopped when he noticed that he is just stupidly talking to himself. "Yah! Ten Chittaphon! Are you listening to me?!" He whined and waved his hands in front of Ten's face.

 

When Ten heard Doyoung yelling at him, his sanity came back as well as his floating soul. "Eh? I'm sorry, Doyoungie but what were you saying?" He hesitantly asked, obviously spacing out big time.

 

"I knew it! You were not listening to me! Aigoo! I looked stupid talking to myself!" Doyoung whined and pouted, shaking his head for a couple of times.

 

Ten could only scratch his nape, embarrassed over what happened. Look at him. He's spacing out again! "I'm really sorry, Doyoungie."

 

Oh dear God. Sorry? How could he do that to Doyoung? What the is seriously wrong with him huh? These past few days, he noticed that he has been frequently spacing out and finds himself gawking too. It's not just that but whenever he is spacing out and overthinking, Taeyong always seem to find a way to creep and pop into his ing mind out of nowhere! What the hell.

 

"Seriously? What's wrong with you, Tennie? You seem so out of everything since last week." Doyoung arched a brow as he touched Ten's forehead. "You're not sick or something are you?"

 

Deep inside, Ten wishes that he is just sick like what Doyoung is suspecting. If only he knew that he is currently going through a confusing, nerve wracking, complicated and messy problem. And it's all thanks to his very own feelings and that jerk that goes by the name, Lee ing Taeyong. But how the can he admit that to his best friend huh? It's just so embarrassing! Darn it!

 

Ten flashed a small smile on his lips. "Of course I'm not sick, Doyoungie. Maybe I'm just uh..." He paused, looking for a reasonable excuse.

 

"You're what? Explain it to me." The latter arched his brow again. "It's not just that but you also stopped courting, Irene noona! What is going on? Did you give up already? Some people are talking about it too!"

 

Hearing that question from the latter, Ten just froze, not being able to utter any response to him. What he said was indeed true. After that certain incident, he stopped courting Irene for a while. He stopped waiting at the school gates and giving gifts to her. Great. Just great. You're really doing everything to swoon her heart. Mark the sarcasm.

 

"Why? Is there any problem with that? People should really learn to mind their own business." Ten snorted and rolled his eyes. "I just want to stop for a while but it doesn't mean that I'm already giving up. To hell with that!" Lies! Your mouth is full of lies, Ten Chittaphon! But how the can he admit to Doyoung that he stopped courting the so called girl he likes because of his very own rival?

 

Doyoung scoffed and rolled his eyes too. "Coming from you, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul? Don't you ever try lying to me because I know you too well more than anyone." He narrowed his eyes, suspecting the other.

 

Holy . It's hard to escape when it comes to Doyoung interrogating him. Can someone please help him get away with their talk right now? Or it will be much better if the ground just devour him until he is no more. For pete's sake, his best friend is asking too much nerve wracking questions that anytime from now, he might be able to figure out everything that he's hiding. Darn it!

 

Ten faked a laughter in order to avoid any kinds of suspicions from him. Goodness gracious. He's not yet ready to open up and admit everything to his best friend. "W-Who says that I'm lying, Doyoung? I'm just taking a break because I pity my rival. I can already smell my victory for Irene noona's heart."

 

"Really? What an act of kindness for someone who badly wants to swoon Irene noona's heart and hear her say the magic word." Doyoung flashed a wide grin. Ten could only pray to the heavens, wishing that he buys his excuse.

 

"It's not an act of kindness. It is what you call pity." He faked a laugh once again in order to hide his nervousness.

 

"Speaking of love... here comes Irene noona and Taeyong hyung." The latter exclaimed as he gestured Ten to look at the direction where they're walking.

 

As if it's a magic word, Ten immediately tilted his head and saw the two of them laughing as they walked in sync along the school hallway. Taeyong cracks up a joke which probably made Irene giggle.

 

When Irene and Taeyong are spotted walking together, some of the students started whispering their opinions about it.

 

"Do you think Taeyong oppa and Irene unnie are already dating?"

 

"Ohmygosh. If that's the case... then what about Ten oppa?"

 

"I don't care because I just want Taeyong oppa and Irene oppa to happen for real!"

 

"Sorry but I'm on Ten oppa's side."

 

"You all seriously noonas. In my opinion, I think Taeyong and Ten hyung suit each other more."

 

There are more reactions and Ten could only roll his eyes in annoyance. Seriously? Is that what you even call whispering? You can already hear what their stupid mouths are blabbering? Next time, they should try hard to tone down their freaking voices.

 

"What the actual ? They should mind their own business." Ten stated in an irritated manner but deep inside, he is actually hurting and breaking down.

 

Doyoung heaved a sigh and pulled the other from the grass. "I think we should go somewhere, Tennie. Don't worry because it's my treat." He said before dragging him away from the noisy hallway.

 

Even though he is not in the mood to do anything, he still decided to let the latter drag him to wherever he wants to go. Maybe it's a good idea to stay away from that effin' hallway for now. Why? Because his heart is hurting too much as if there are thorns and arrows piercing him like hell. And it's hurting not because of Irene but for the reason which is something beyond than that.

 

 

The ringing sound of the bell echoed around the school. As soon as Ten heard the bell ringing, he instantly walked out of their classroom and proceeded to the cafeteria first. Not that he's actually hiding something from Doyoung nor he doesn't want to be with him, don't get him wrong. It's just that... he really wants to be alone just for a while.

 

While he's walking on the way to the cafeteria, there are some students who are staring at him like he has a deadly disease or something. What the is wrong with them? Can't they just mind their own business instead of involving themselves in someone else's personal life?

 

"Hello there, Ten-ah." A familiar voice said which caused him to stop his pace. That voice... he knows who that voice belongs to! "I haven't seen you competing with me huh?"

 

His heart beat quickened like it's gonna come out of his chest any minute from now when he realized that he's near to him. ! It's something that Irene couldn't even make him feel and only one could do. Of course it's none other than, Lee Taeyong.

 

Clutching onto his chest, it took a while for Ten to calm down and face the jerk. Oh yeah. He really is a jerk because he is making him feel so many foreign and unfamiliar feelings he never even felt for Irene once! Darn it!

 

But as soon as he turned to face Taeyong, regrets instantly flooded his system. this . It would've been better if he just ignored the one hell of a jerk's presence. Damn.

 

Together with Taeyong is Irene standing beside him. "It's been a while, Ten-ah. How are you?" She asked in a feminine way before flashing a smile.

 

Wow. Just wow. He did not actually expect it to hurt this bad. Seeing the two of them together hurts like hell for him or even worst than that.

 

Nevertheless, Ten still managed to flash a bright and pretty smile just like the usual him every single day. "I-I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter