Infinite

The Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MiNayeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon takes a deep breath as the car approaches her old apartment building. It's been around 3 weeks (or maybe even more) since she's been in the proximity of this place and she's feeling rather nervous. Her chest tightens as they pass by the familiar houses and lamp posts near the building. The feeling of nostalgia being around the area makes her feel comfortable and anxious at the same time. Jeongyeon looks at her from the rear view mirror and notices her jittering. The short haired girl motions for Jihyo who sits on the front passenger seat to look at Nayeon who's seated at the back.

 

"Are you sure you don't want us to go with you?"

 

Nayeon clutches her phone even tighter wanting to say 'yes' to her best friend's offer but hesitates. She knows that she has to do this alone even if this kills her.

 

"I'm fine. I can do this by myself. I'll call you guys after."

 

The car slows down as it nears the building front. It feels like she hasn't been here for years even though it's only been a 'few' days. Her body stiffens as the car comes to a stop by the entrance. Jeongyeon puts the car on park and removes her seatbelt before turning her head to Nayeon.

 

"You don't have to do this. Jihyo and I can finish everything up for you."

 

"No, really. I'm okay. You guys can leave."

 

Jeongyeon and Jihyo look at each other and before they could appeal to go with Nayeon again, the girl had already opened the car door and said her goodbyes. She waves them off before hastily going inside the building and practically running up the stairs. She didn't want to change her mind and drag her friends with her so she left abruptly.

 

The hallway looked the same. Some of the paint on the walls were chipping off and the ends of the railings were rusting. The view from the building was the same as always. Seeing that the familiar landscape was there with the familiar sound it made and the people who made them.

 

There were only 3 apartments on that floor and the apartment at the end was Nayeon's. Or at least it used to be.

 

With each step towards her door, her shoulders felt heavier. She suddenly remembers every special memory she had here and her heart aches with longing.

 

The door knob feels cool around her palm as she pushes the door open. She slowly steps inside both savoring the moment and protecting herself from the pain she feels with each step she takes. The breeze around the place feels cooler now.

 

The kitchen is on the left side as soon as you enter the apartment. There is a wooden divider between it and the door making a small hallway that leads to the living room. Nayeon goes straight to the couch by the window and passes by the bookshelf beside it. Boxes are scattered around by the shelf and the coffee table in front of the couch. She takes a deep breath as she observes the boxes placed around the apartment. Her old bookshelf was now empty and the boxes beside it labeled according to the books' genre. Other boxes were also piled up, organized by their uses, and the marker and tape used to pack them were neatly placed on the table. A six-pack of beers with some snacks were beside the supplies with a note under it.

 

"Just in case you need it. Don't finish them all at once though. Call us. -Jeongyeon & Jihyo"

 

Nayeon takes a shaky breath thanking her best friends in her head. There weren't much words uttered when her life fell apart, so her 2 best friends just let her be and arranged everything she was supposed to fix. She really feels lucky to have them in her life, they took her in without even a second thought and took care of her. Honestly, she doesn't know how her two best friends put up with her these past few days, but nonetheless, they did and she is forever grateful.

 

She grabs a can of beer and leans back on the couch. The beer is warm but it's still beer and it's the only thing she can count on to provide heat for her when the chill around the apartment air makes her shiver. She takes a big gulp taking up half of the can's contents and closes her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

"Scoot over."

 

Mina looks at Nayeon standing over the couch as she lies on her back reading her book. She looks at her girlfriend and smirks.

 

"Don’t wanna"

 

"Come on. I want to lie down too." The older girl whines

 

Mina smiles teasingly and shakes her head 'no' to her girlfriend. Nayeon fakes shock and puts down her book on the coffee table. She quickly moves to straddle Mina and pins both of her arms above her head. The younger's eyes widen in shock, surprised at her girlfriend’s actions. Nayeon takes one hand to pin Mina's arms while the other starts its tickle attack on Mina's sides. The younger girl laughs and squirms under her girlfriend, trying to free herself, but fails miserably.

 

"Please, please, please stop. I'll move! I promise!"

 

Nayeon stops and looks at her girlfriend with an eye brow raised. Mina always teases her and this is how she would counter. Mina was strong but tickles are her weakness. The older girl loved how her girlfriend would look with disheveled hair, trying hard to catch her breath, laughing tears in her eyes. Myoui Mina was a sight and Nayeon was captivated.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, please. Just stop. My tummy hurts too much"

 

Nayeon nods satisfied and gets off of her girlfriend. She gets her book back from the coffee table and lies down next to Mina. She positions her head on her girlfriend's arm and starts reading from the last page she was on, acting like she hadn't just 'harassed' the latter just now.

 

Mina huffs at the sight and gives Nayeon a kiss on the head. She was a handful but the younger girl adored every bit of her.

 

"I love you, Im Nayeon."

 

The older girl smiles and hums a contented sigh. She snuggles up even more to Mina, feeling the soft breathing of the latter on her back and thinks how warm and cozy it feels to be loved by Mina.

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon lets go of the tears she had been trying so hard to keep. The feeling of how she won't be able to have that luxury of feeling that warmth again hits her hard. She takes the beer on her hand up to her lips and gulps the remaining half in one go. Silent sobs can be heard from the room as she tries her hardest not to fall apart. It's been weeks but the wound of being left behind feels so fresh like it was yesterday.

 

Suddenly, she feels like she can't stand being on the couch anymore. The comfort it gave is now gone and it makes her stomach clench in pain instead. She wants to throw up but opts not to so she gets up and heads to the kitchen to look for a bottle of water. As expected, the fridge was empty and unplugged. Luckily, her friends had also thought to leave bottles of water by the kitchen counter so Nayeon takes one and drinks it. Her heart's racing from the sudden stomach ache and her knees feel weak. She leans by the sink for support and puts her right hand on the left side of her chest, trying to calm her heart.

 

She looks up and observes the room. No more spatulas were hung by the stove, cabinets were empty, and all the plates, mugs and glasses were neatly arranged in one of the boxes in the living room, labeled fragile.

 

Nayeon clutches her shirt; her heart stings. Not only does her heart feel empty, one of her favorite rooms -or rather her whole house -is now empty too. It feels surreal.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey." Nayeon leans by the kitchen entrance looking at her girlfriend washing the dishes.

 

"Hey."

 

"You know that you can do that later right?"

 

"Yeah, but I just can't help it."

 

Nayeon steps towards the younger girl and positions herself behind her, wrapping her arms around Mina's waist and resting her chin on the latter's right shoulder.

 

"But I miss you baby."

 

"We've been together this whole time. Don't be so dramatic."

 

"Is it so wrong for me to miss your presence? I want to be with you, like all the time. I mean, I do love you and all.

 

"And I love you too. But, babe. Dirty dishes. Can't help it. Besides, I'm almost done. Just need to rinse these."

 

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to make you leave those first and spend time with me?"

 

Mina pauses and closes her eyes when she feels Nayeon's soft lips trailing kisses on her neck.

 

"Baby."

 

"Mm?"

 

Nayeon plants love bites on her girlfriend's neck and slightly pulls down Mina's shirt to the right exposing part of the latter's shoulder, placing more kisses there. Mina's legs suddenly feel like jelly.

 

"Babe."

 

"Mhm."

 

"B-babe, please”

 

Mina's sentences waver, and Nayeon grows more confident, getting a little bit more rough as the younger girl moans.

 

"Baby.” Mina says as she drops the plates and quickly cleans her hands before turning around to face her girlfriend.

 

"God, you're stubborn."

 

Nayeon stops and looks at Mina with innocent eyes and a toothless smile, amused and acting as if she wasn't doing anything 'inappropriate' just now.

 

Mina's wraps her now free hands on Nayeon's waist and pulls her close. She finally crashes their lips together, connecting them after her girlfriend's teasing.

 

They move in sync having memorized each other’s movements from having done this multiple times already. Nayeon knows what makes Mina moan and vice versa. They move slowly at first, savoring each other and building momentum until they grow hungrier and devour each other, their lips dancing and fighting over dominance.

 

Nayeon swears that Mina's lips are the softest and 'bestest' things she has ever tasted. The taste of cherries (or sometimes oranges depending on Mina’s current chap stick) has been imprinted on her mind and she craves it all the time. Cherries with a hint of Mina has become her most favorite flavor. She's addicted to it. But definitely not as much as how she loves hearing Mina's melodic voice making sinful sounds that she created. Nayeon's mind becomes a mess then and lust overcomes her. Her need for Mina overpowers her.

 

The younger girl tries (and fails) to suppress a moan behind and it turns Nayeon on even more. She gathers her strength and grabs Mina from behind and pulls her up onto the counter, letting the younger girl straddle her as they continue to make out. Their kisses grow deeper and rougher by the second and they part only to catch their breaths. Mina wraps her legs around Nayeon, pulling her impossibly closer than before. Nayeon lifts up Mina's oversized shirt (which is her only piece of clothing by the way -aside from her ) and throws it on the ground. She moves her hands and slides it over her girlfriend’s sides then onto her s, teasing Mina once again. The latter instinctively digs her nails onto the older girl's back and bites her lower lip. She moves her right hand onto Nayeon's hair and kisses her harder before pulling her by her hair parting their lips roughly.

 

"Bed. Now." Mina pants before she kisses Nayeon again with much fervor and the latter immediately follows.

 

The older girl picks up her girlfriend from the counter and carries her towards their shared bedroom. Mina's legs are wrapped tightly around her waist, and they tumble out of the kitchen, passing through the living room and the bathroom, kissing each other like it's their last.

 

Mina's bare skin feels smooth against Nayeon's arms. Her body's hot against the older girl's touch and every caress Nayeon makes on Mina's body makes the latter moan.

 

The older girl doesn't know where it comes from but she finds strength to actually carry her girlfriend to their bedroom and they actually arrive there -with much effort, of course. Nayeon sits on the bed's edge with Mina sitting on her lap. The younger girl starts shedding Nayeon's clothes and as soon as their bare bodies touch, they both moan in ecstasy. They've done this many many times before but it feels as though it was their first every single time. The hunger to taste each other never really dying down and maybe even growing stronger as they spend more time together.

 

The couple make love that afternoon and Nayeon succeeds in convincing Mina to stay in bed with her for the rest of the day. They cuddle as they talk about everything and nothing at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon doesn't know how but she suddenly finds herself standing in the middle of their old bedroom. It's close to empty now with only their luggage situated by the door and their bed frame with a sheet cover-less mattress is left. The room seemed bigger than how she remembers it. The furniture was unmoved but the place was now empty.

 

The foot of the bed was by the door and it was leaned against the corner. On the side was their little night table and beside that was their shared 'office table' with 1 chair which they would take turns in using depending on who was pulling an all-nighter for work at the time; above both tables was the room window. Opposite to the window was their cabinet -which is now also empty -and the wall opposite to their bed used to be decorated with a big cork board in the middle with photos of the couple surrounding it. They used to call that space the "PengBun Wall". It was their nicknames for each other combined plus the word 'wall' at the end. Nayeon came up with it and Mina thought it was lame and dorky but she loved Nayeon so she let her name it that way. The cork board was for reminders but mostly it was for their bucket list. They would make it a goal to do this and that and enjoy the feeling of being able to cross off their list one by one.

 

Nayeon's legs give up on her and tears keep streaming down her face as she stands in the middle of their shared bedroom. She doesn't sob or full on cry. Not anymore. But she still can't control whenever the tears start falling so she decides to lie on the bed and stare at the bedroom ceiling. She wonders how Jeongyeon and Jihyo ever cleaned up the mess she made on her first night alone. She guesses that the lack of boxes meant that her best friends must have thrown most of her things away. She wonders if her friends were able to salvage at least bits and pieces of the "PengBun Wall" but she doubts there were any left.

 

She moves her gaze to the wall beside their bed and finds a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter