EP #6

SM New Generation: SM SHOWTIME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

John-Tae-Seul-Rene TV

          
(irene // seulgi // johnny // taeyong)

 

"Hello..." Irene greets the camera (and the cameraman), laughing shyly as stylists crowd around her, touching up her makeup and adjusting her clothes. "I saw last week's episode. Herin said we should do filming somewhere not SM related." Irene says and pauses for a while as a stylist touches up her lipstick. She continues after the stylist moves away, saying, "So today we're at photoshoot set for 'The Celebrity' magazine. Oh... There's a special reason actually." She smiles, a little awkward because she's standing alone. She glances behind her, searching for someone but turns back to face the camera again. "I'm here with Seulgi, Johnny and Taeyong. The four of us... we did a photoshoot with 'The Celebrity' in 2014 as SMROOKIES. That was our first photoshoot outside of SM. It was really exciting. And very new. So today, after two years, we're going to do a shoot again."

          

"But Irene-ssi you've now already done a lot of photoshoots right?" The cameraman asks her jokingly making the Red Velvet leader smile shyly. "Yeah..." She says and then adds, "But every photoshoot is still a new experience. It's fun."

"Can you tell us the concept for today?" The cameraman interviews on and Irene nods. She looks down at her clothes and then looks back up to face the camera. "Last time in 2014, when we did the shoot, it was for the February issue. This time round, it's for the December issue. And since it's December, you'll think of Christmas so it's a Christmas-themed shoot. That's why I'm wearing this white sweater with red reindeer prints, this dark red jeans and this gold color necklace. I saw the set just now, there's a Christmas tree and pretty fairy lights!"

A staff tells Irene that she can go to the set now and Irene starts going over, the camera tailing behind her. "It's really very pretty. I want to take photo of just the set later." Irene says as she walks over, laughing a little. At the set, the other three are already there. However, two stylists are surrounding Seulgi, seemingly adjusting something. Irene glances at her member and asks, "What's going on?" Taeyong tells her it's because Seulgi's bracelet got caught in her sweater and they are trying to settle it. A smiling Seulgi joins them moments later and they chat a bit before the shoot begins.

"Congratulations on the best male artist award at MAMA. We watched it." Seulgi says, tapping Taeyong on his arm gently. He smiles and gives her a little bow to thank her. "Wow you guys danced amazingly, we were surprised." Irene adds and that makes Taeyong more flustered. "He cried. It was ugly." Johnny joins in too, making Taeyong hit him while laughing embarrassingly. "But you guys were really impressive, I was proud." Johnny says in the end genuinely and gives Taeyong an encouraging smile. Though Taeyong had jokingly made a doubtful face at the guy, he smiles too, thankful.

The cameraman asks them what is their ideal Christmas present.

"For me, I... I really want to have Korean BBQ right now." Johnny says, making the others look at him weirdly. "Yah you can eat that anytime though." Seulgi laughs, Irene and Taeyong agreeing with her. Johnny adds, "These days I've been on a bit of diet so... Ah then I want to eat BBQ as an NCT member with the other NCT members." "We anticipate your debut!" Irene exclaims and Seulgi asks her for her ideal Christmas gift. Irene answers after some thought, "Health. These days my health has been failing me a little so it would be good to be healthy. But a better washing machine will be good too. Oh recently I discovered this new kind of detergent. It's in paper form! Interesting isn't it? ... Ah am I going on too much... haha." Taeyong says he wants a better year with s while Seulgi says she wants a mega size teddy bear (but Irene protests against it because they are roommates and that bear will take up way too much space).

The photoshoot begins as the four gather around the Christmas tree with props in their hands. Irene is holding a sparkly red gift box. Seulgi and Taeyong hold a brown teddy bear together. Johnny holds a candy cane and pretends to eat it. They change up their poses a few times.

The staff suddenly turns on the huge fan in front for effects purposes. Seulgi hair starts flying and went into Taeyong's mouth. He swats it away, coughing a few times, squeezing the teddy bear in his hands with each cough. Seulgi lets go of the teddy bear immediately, both hands rushing to Taeyong in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry!" She exclaims, laughing at how ridiculous the situation is. Irene laughs softly by the side as Johnny pats Taeyong's back. "Oh my gosh." Seulgi continues to remark as Taeyong slowly calms down, using his other hand to gesture that he's okay as he coughs one last time.

"I was surprised." Taeyong says with a laugh, looking straight at the camera that had went up to them while he was coughing away. "I'm so sorry." Seulgi says again, patting his shoulders and then adds, "I washed my hair, don't worry." That made everyone laugh once more. "He probably ate hair spray." Johnny says, playing along.

They compose themselves and start posing again, the fan being switched on so their clothes and hair fly a little. Moments later, they all exit for outfit change.

The camera shows Irene, Taeyong and Johnny after their outfit change. Irene is sitting on the window ledge of the set, leaning on the wall with her feet up and her knees brought towards her chair. Taeyong stands on her right and Johnny sits on the chair on her left. Irene has a fear of heights but that's not the problem here. She might be thin but the window ledge is barely enough wide for her to sit on and there isn't anything for her to hold onto... except Taeyong. The NCT 127 leader is within reach from her position and so Irene clings onto his dark blue sweater. It would feel alot safer to cling onto his arm but they are not that close to be doing that and she's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter