Sarang ♡

Sarang ♡

 

*Two years later*


“Hakyeon ah.”

His wife just hum for an answer as he was busy arranging the kids clothes in their own box so that it will be easier for him to move them to their respected rooms.

Leo went to his wife side and snuggles to his neck. Hakyeon laughs and ruffles his hair.

“What is it?”

“Jaehwan got himself a baby sister. And she looks so angelic.”

“And?”

Hakyeon asks, teasing his husband. Leo flustered for a moment before he hugs Hakyeon’s waist.

“Let’s plan for another baby.”

“I’m always okay to have another baby or two but what if we get another boy?”

That makes Leo thinks. Wonshik is a good boy and do his things silently, never bullied him. Hongbin and Sanghyuk is. He can always fall on his back after taking care of them. What if the fourth one mirror their behaviour?

“Are you reconsider it?”

“Aniyo.”

He lied but Hakyeon is Hakyeon. He was caught right away.

“You know I love kids and I am willing to bear another one even right now. But I’m considering you. You had been through a lot while babysitting the maknae and Binnie for me. You have to think carefully and if you think we should have another baby, we can stop using protection.”

Leo then think for almost two months before he is sure about having another baby. He talks to Hakyeon that night. And his wife gleefully agree to his request.

“Is it true that you are going to give me a baby sister?”

Wonshik asked with expectant eyes and Leo glances to Hakyeon. He nods, signalling him to say it.

“Yes. But you have to pray for it. So that God will grant us a princess.”

“I will do it appa.”

“Me too.”

Hongbin said and another voice came later.

“Hyukkie too.”

Said Sanghyuk, shyly looking at Leo. Leo grins; maybe he will finally get the boys on control. He too, starts seeking sincerely starting from that moment.

###


Hakyeon passes the kit to him and Leo smiles. Hakyeon nods and taps his stomach.

“Someone is growing in here.”

Leo spoon him in bridal style and spun him around. Showering his face with kisses and Hakyeon hugs him, whispering “get ready”.

Leo understand what Hakyeon means. If Hakyeon is expecting, he get it worst. Morning sickness is not only last until noon; Leo wants to smack people who dub it as ‘morning’ sickness.

Leo went to work, treats his staffs with coffee, it happens thrice, all when he heard the good news of Hakyeon’s pregnancy and today is the fourth time so Yixing, his junior asks if Hakyeon is pregnant.

Leo said yes and soon all of the staffs knew. Yixing, despite always appear as a mono person, loves chit chat. Leo thinks he still need time to study people appearance and character.

Next morning, Leo rubs on his eyes when it strike 5. It was a routine for all three boys that Hakyeon will starts going to the toilet and fro to throw up but he feels his head on his chest.

Leo let it be, maybe it starts later. So he snuggles closer and let his warmth gives Hakyeon reason to sleep more.

He ends up waking up at 7.00, on his alarm to go to work. He cleans up and went down, kissing one, two, three heads before he looks for Hakyeon who was brewing his coffee and gives him a kiss on his nape.

“You are okay baby?”

“Weirdly yes.”

Hakyeon turns to give him a kiss on his cheek and places Wonshik lunch box on the table along with Hongbin’s.

“I’m coming with you to the doctor.”

“You will? But I’m fine to go with Hyukkie.”

“Kenchana. I called office.”

“Okay then. It’s always nice to have husband by my side when I go for a scan.”

Leo smile apologetically. Hakyeon always went alone when he was pregnant with Hyuk. He was too busy with projects and deadline that he have to let Hakyeon go alone and sometimes, Minhyuk went with him.

“The kids?”

“We’ll drop them too on our way. Call Jaehwan’s appa.”

“Alright then. Kids, eat slowly neh. Drink up the whole glass.”

“Me too?”

“Yes Hyukkie, you too. Who will take care of the baby if none of my babies are strong?”

“Binnie will take care of baby.”

Hongbin said as he gulps down all the milk from his glass.

“Oh. Chinca?”

“Neh neh.”

Said Hongbin, excited. Wonshik too finishes his and went to Hakyeon side. Sanghyuk finishes his milk too. Even vow that he will finish his milk everyday from now on.

Leo once again are amused. Hakyeon is Hakyeon. No one can beat him in coaxing the kids to anything.


###


“Do you think I’m not pregnant yeobo?”

Hakyeon suddenly ask when Sanghyuk went to play in the indoor playground of the clinic. Leo frowns and scoots close to him.

“Why did you say that?”

“Don’t you think so? It’s different.”

“But its showing.”

Leo said and smiles at the thought of seeing the small bump on Hakyeon stomach.

“Ahhh I suddenly feel scared.”

“Why?”

“What if it’s not a baby?”

“Yeon ah. It’s a baby for sure. It won’t be any other thing.”

Hakyeon nods but still holding Leo’s hand for support. Leo calls Hyuk when the doctor wants them in and three of them are in the doctor’s room.

“I didn’t go through morning sickness at all. I’m a bit worried.”

“It’s not something for you to worry of Mrs. Jung. It’s not a must to have it. Some don’t. So why not we scan, so that you will feel more at ease?”

“Yes doctor. Please.”

Sanghyuk was amazed at what he sees. Leo too, even though it’s his fourth time, it still leave a big impact for him. A small life of his and Hakyeon is growing in Hakyeon, he is glad and amuse at the same time.

“The baby is growing well. The heartbeat is normal too. So, do you believe it now?”

“Yes. Thank you by the way.”

“I’m happy to help. Big guy, are you going to take care of omma well?”

Sanghyuk, feeling shy of the doctor only smiles and meekly nodded.

“Good boy.”

The doctor said and Sanghyuk was rewarded with a lollipop. He told Leo to buy another three on their way home for his hyungs, plus Jaehwan. Sanghyuk wants to buy for Jaehwan’s sister but Hakyeon tell him that infant only drink milk so he settles with only three.

“I taught them it’s good to share food.”

“You are the best honey.”

Leo praised, kissing the back of his hand.

Time passed and it’s Hakyeon’s appointment again. They went together, Minhyuk gladly wants to take care of the trio and Hakyeon was more than thankful.

During this pregnancy, he gets tired easily. Her mood changes at time and he can’t eat most food. He becomes sensitive and he cried sometimes to sleep.

Leo who had always prepare for the worst thankfully are considerate. When Hakyeon wants him to carry him and sang him lullaby, he did. Even though he had to endure his wife and baby’s weight altogether.

Leo spends time teaching Wonshik his homework too and take Sanghyuk to the day-care if Hakyeon is too weak to wake up.

It’s a big concern for him as Hakyeon change drastically but he still loves him fully. Taekwoon knows, its just because the pregnancy hormone kicking in.

“Let’s check the gender?”

The doctor suggest and the parent, both of them are nervous. The doctor sense the tense and chuckles.

“Okay. It should be a surprise. I’ll just check them and let’s listen to their heartbeat again.”

The couple agreed on it and starts to get amaze again at how precious and calming their baby’s heartbeat is.

“As you can see, your baby is growing well. See the size? It’s normal.”

“But I’m getting all weak. I can’t even walk if that day came.”

“It’s an act of hormonal changes Mrs. Jung. Your report, nothing abnormal is noted.”

“Chinca?”

Leo asks while enveloping Hakyeon’s hand, concern in his voice.

“Yes. It comes and goes. Oh right, are your legs swelling?”

“It happens if I stand too much while cooking or cleaning. Rather than that, it won’t swell.”

“Okay. I’ll give the same prescription like last time. Eat all of it okay.”

“I will. Thank you doctor.”

The couple walks out of the clinic and Hakyeon leans his seat when they are in their car. He sighs.

“Chagi, let’s eat deokbok.”

“Now?”

Hakyeon nods too eagerly that Leo swiftly change the lane to the very right. They need to do a U-turn if Hakyeon’s wants spicy rice cake. He eats only from one stall; Leo hopes they are open for the day.

He breath dramatically when they finally arrived and see it is open for business.

###

Hakyeon was at the couch and their sons are around him when Leo comes home from work. He was late and it was near 8.30 when he finally submit the last e-mail.

“The baby is kicking wildly today and they saw them and was fascinate. I can’t even cover them. Help me.”

Of course, Hakyeon mouthed the last word and Leo chuckles. Hakyeon who is the best in educating their sons want his help. He rolls his sleeves and claps his hand.

“Everyone, it’s bedtime.”

“But I want to see aga.”

“It’s time for aga to sleep Hyukkie. Hyukkie too have to sleep.”

Said Leo and the now 4 years old Sanghyuk pouts but gives Hakyeon a kiss on he cheek and leave, not before he whispers something secret to his dongsaeng.

“Are you okay chagiya? You looks so done.”

“I think we don’t have much time. This one will just pop out anytime soon.”

“Really?’

Hakyeon nods. He holds on to Leo’s arm as he stood and breath like how he learnt in pregnancy class. Leo saw how his wife struggles so he carries him and brought her to their room.

“Just sleep for now. I’ll clean and come back.”

Hakyeon eyes don’t take their sweet time but just right away closing after be said that. Taekwoon chuckles and puts on his apron.

“Let’s clean these then.”

He mumbles and starts from cleaning the dishes and cleaning the pot. Since Hakyeon nearing his last week of pregnancy, he can’t stand the smell of detergent and any fluid for washing purpose.

So, Taekwoon take charge. He even cleans the kitchen counter with a rag and smiles cheekily when he is done.

“It’s not that hard.”

Said Leo and hums a song as he slowly trudge to his sons’ room one by one. He kisses their head and pulls Sanghyuk’s blanket up and get Hongbin plush rabbit and the little one hugs it dearly.

Wonshik is a great help again during Hakyeon pregnancy, like how he was when Hakyeon was pregnant with Sanghyuk. He gives a mental reminder to reward his first born something he likes; after Hakyeon gives birth.

He went into their room last and Hakyeon was sleeping on his left side, whining in his sleep. He leans and gives him a kiss on his lips and soon the frown left his wife’s face.

“It must be hard on you.”

His eyes fixes on the swelling belly. He is experiencing too much this time. No morning sickness but his love had fatigue issue. He becomes a picky eater too.

Hakyeon who usually gains weight during pregnancy is losing some weight, hence the difficulties to move around.

“I’ll just hope I have the energy when it’s time. I want a normal one so we could quickly plan for another if this one turns out to be boy again.”

Hakyeon said last few night and Leo is frowning deeply.

“Looking at you this time, I don’t think we should plan for another one.”

“Once the baby is out, I’ll be fine. Just like when we had the boys.”

“But still.”

“If we don’t granted with a girl, we try for another one okay? If you think we should stop, maybe after our 5th.”

“I’m just concern about you.”

“Don’t be. You know how I love kids.”

Leo sighs and kisses Hakyeon again before he went to wash up and cuddles his spouse to sleep.

###

“I’ll be right back.”

“Yes dear. Shik can call if there is an emergency. Right honey?”

Wonshik nods eagerly. The 8 years old stands by Hakyeon side, trying to be of a help anyhow. Leo reluctantly puts on his shoes. He had applied for leave but the company had emergency and as a managing director, he had to go.

“I’ll leave omma to you Shik ah. Call appa of anything okay.”

“I called Minhyuk too and he said he’ll come when he could.”

“That’s better.”

Leo kisses Hakyeon’s head and his three sons before he rushes to his car, speed it off.

“Careful omma.”

Wonshik said when he holds Hakyeon’s hand, assisting him to the couch. Hongbin and Sanghyuk too worriedly look at their mother.

Sanghyuk finds Hakyeon and his baby bump adorable at his early pregnancy but as it becomes bigger, he was terrified.

“What if you burst like a balloon?”

He asks one day that makes Hakyeon and Leo laughs.

“I see it two times. Omma goes to the hospital and comes back with Binnie and you. Omma didn’t burst.”

Sanghyuk wasn’t convinced. He still had that fear on his face as he look at Hakyeon who struggles to sit.

“Hyukkie ah. Omma kenchana.”

He said, assuring the 4 years old. Hongbim crawled to Hakyeon feet and look up.

“Omma, is it hurt?”

“Aniya.”

“Chinca?”

Sanghyuk asked with the adorable eyes he had and Hakyeon leans over to pinch his cheek.

“Chinca.”

“But you walk like a penguin. When Hyuk lives in there, you did not.”

“It different for each of you.”

And like a cue, Minhyuk comes in from the front door, chirping to the kids as he comes in.

“Sungjae Sungjae?”

Hongbin asks and Minhyuk ruffles his hair.

“He is with his appa. You guys are loud when he is here.”

Minhyuk went to Hakyeon and examine him.

“You had your contraction right?”

“In 30 minutes lapse.”

“Don’t you want to head to the Hospital?”

“Let some time passed. They are worried. Look.”

Minhyuk looks at his friends children and got it when he saw how they look at his mother. That’s why Hakyeon tries to keep calm.

“Tell me if it hurt a lot.”

Hakyeon nods and pats Wonshik hair. He scoots closer and massage Hakyeon side. Such a reliable oldest son.

“Bin ah. Get omma’s bag from the room please.”

“Neh.”

He answers, quickly on his feet and rushes to take the bag.

“Drink this up.”

Minhyuk, who comes from the kitchen passes her a cup of drink. She drank and make face.

“What is it?”

“Omma gave it to me and told me to give it to you. That will help during labor.”

“Okay.”

Hakyeon said and turns to Sanghyuk who holds his hand. He tries to smile.

“What is it Hyukkie?”

“Are you in pain omma?”

“A little bit.”

“Do you need doctor?”

“Not yet Hyukkie.”

Wonshik answers for him and Hakyeon nods.

“In a while.”

“I have to call daddy right omma?”

“Neh.”

He gave the phone to Wonshik and the 8 years old quickly call his father.

“I’ll get the car ready.”


###


“Are you the husband?”

A nurse asked Minhyuk and the latter laughs.

“Nope. I’m a bearer too. I can't be a husband.”

“Oh. I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay. His husband is on the way. I’m his friend. Please complete the registration neh. The contraction time is closer and closer.”

The nurse asks for a few staff to attend to Hakyeon and soon he was warded. A needle is in his vein. Now he felt the nervousness.

“Is Leo here?”

“He’ll be here anytime now. He was at the car park earlier.”

Hakyeon nods, staring at his kids who was having their nap time. Wonshik and Hongbin sprawled on the couch while Hyuk is napping on the extra bed.

“Chagi, how is it?”

“Painful.”

Hakyeon chuckles and Leo thanked Minhyuk as he strode to his spouse. He her back, kissing the back of his hand and caresses his hair.

“I’m going home for a bit. You can manage right?”

“Yes. Thanks Minhyuk.”

“Don’t mention it guys.”

He said and soon was out of the private ward.

“They are sleeping right after I was warded.”

“They might be tired. They wake up early.”

“I guess so.”

Hakyeon said and grips Taekwoon hand. Taekwoon soothe him by circling his thumb around his back.

“Is it the piercing pain?”

“Not yet. But I think it’s getting there.”

“I’ll get the staff.”

Hakyeon nods and bites his lips, trying to supress his screams. It’s a good thing that Sanghyuk doesn’t see his state right now, he was the one who was scared the most.

“Let’s get into the battle Mrs. Jung.”

His personal doctor said when he walks in. Hakyeon chant a prayer and he gulps when he is in the labor room. Though it’s the fourth time, he can’t help but feel nervous.

Soon, Taekwoon was by his side, clasping his hand and whispers sweet things in his ear. He can’t register what he said but he nods, follows his doctor breathing instruction and all he can hear later is the melodic sound of his baby crying.

"It's a pretty daughter."

He heard the doctor said and cried before the tiredness make him closes his eyes, sleeping.

###

“Why is the baby different from us?”

Sanghyuk asks when Leo wipes his new-born. He chuckles and put on a new nappy, puts on a banana romper (Hakyeon and his love for bananas).

“It is because she is a girl.”

“Why is a girl different form a boy?”

“That’s for your omma to answer Hyukkie.”

Sanghyuk ran across the room and jumps on Hakyeon’s bed, carefully to not steps on the small bed for his dongsaeng.

“Why is a sister different from me?”

“It’s the work of nature darling.”

He said and Sanghyuk went into a thinking posture, making Leo who just comes in with their daughter laughs at his antic.

“He has a lot of questions.”

“True.”

Said Hakyeon and cuddles his new baby.

“So, have you think of her name? It has been 4 days. We have to register too.”

“I give it a think the whole night. Since she made our sons shoot love from their eyes when they look at her, I’m naming her Sarang.”

“Oooh.”

Hakyeon cooed and rocks Sarang slowly.

“Call her Sarang neh Hyukkie.”

“Neh neh. I can’t wait to tell hyung that doll has a name now.”

The boys calls Sarang “doll” because she is so small and her eyes is like a doll eyes and they agreed on the nickname as Sanghyuk suggested.

“Gurae Sarang ah. You will get all the love you deserved.”

Said Hakyeon and kisses her cute button nose before he looks at Leo and peck his lips.

“We did it.”

He whispers and Leo chuckles.

"Yes we did."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, I finished editing this long hidden draft.
Hurray!
More kids?
Maybe? Or maybe not. 😜

Love, Star.