021

Her Ideal Type [EDITING]

[STILL SOOMIN POV]

“Well, we were actually a happy family. Really happy. But, one night,---Kai’s father suddenly didn’t come back home from his work.At first, i thought that he work overtime but when he didn’t come back for two days straight, i’m starting to get worried. I went to his workplace but they told me that he already resign the day that he didn’t come home. Only God know how i feel that time. I don’t know what to think and i don’t know what to say so i just turned around and go home. I want to scream but i couldn’t. I want to cry but i can’t. Jongin was still a kid. I want to leave him and find my husband but Jongin was still a child. And i don’t have the heart to leave him.” 

Pause.

“A month after he went missing, a few men come to this house and demand for my husband to come out. I was confused but then the truth hit me hard. He have debts. Too many debts. That’s why he left me and Jongin all alone. Devastated, i just stared at them blankly. I don’t know what to do or what happened but the next day, i found myself that i was at the hospital. You know Kim Joomyun? His family was the one who sent me to the hospital. They was going to visit me but that incident happened. I am grateful and thankful to them for all the money they spent for the two of us and i don’t know how to repay them back.”

I was speechless the whole time.

Kai live in an awful state.He grown up like that?

“So, why did he come back?” I ask carefully.

She smile, “The truth is, he left us so he can find a work where there’s no one who can hurt him or Jongin and i. It’s stupid to me actually but that’s what he said. He told me that, he want to be succesful first so he can pay all the debts. He don’t want us to worry so i guess he decided to do that.”

I nodded, taking all the informations.

“So, how about the people that was going after abeonim?”

Cool Soomin, now you call Kai’s father abeonim.

“I don’t know. After i well enough and come home, they men shockingly didn’t come back.”

Maybe, Suho Oppa’s family was the one who behind it?

“Abeonim come back for good?”

“Yeah, i am.”

I look up and saw Kai and his father behind us.How long did they were there?

“And i want them to move in with me.”

“WHAT??!!”

Shock visible in Kai’s face while i was sitting on the couch, shocked with the sudden news.

“I don’t want to. I don’t want to leave Soomin.” Kai protest.He walk towards me and pulled me up.

“Wait- let me explain first Jongin.” Kai’s father chuckled.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why was he laughing?

“What i mean is, i want the both of you to move in with me –“

“That’s the same thing you said earlier.” Kai interrupted.

“but, my house only across this house. I buy it immediately when i heard a family want to sold the house.” Kai’s father continue.

I craned my neck and giggle at Kai’s face.

“What are you laughing at?” He playfully glare at me.

“You should let people explain first before you jump into conclusion.” I told him in double meaning.

He scowled and look away indicating that he’s agree with me too.

“What about this house then?”

Kai’s father look at his still wife and smile, “Well, you can sold it or Jongin can stay here. My house isn’t that far anyway. Just open the door and the house will be on your sight.”

“I want to stay here.” Kai spoke up.

“What? Why? You can’t cook, you can’t even do your own laundry. This house will be a mess if you stay here alone.” Kai’s mother frowned.

I laughed lightly at her statement but then quickly yelp in surprise when Kai pinch my waist lightly.

“Well, it’s not a problem to me. I have someone to do it for me.” He grinned.

“And who might that be?” I raise a brow.

Kai glance at me and shrug, “Someone.”

“Who?” I squinted my eyes at him.

“Well- there’s a girl—ouchh!!! That’s hurt.” He rub his arm—where i just pinch it really hard—and pouted at me. His parents just look at us with a smile on their face.

“And who might that girl be?” I put my hands on my hips.

“Who else? Of course it is you.” He told me.

The moment the words escaped his mouth, i grew embarassed. I can’t believe that i doubt him before he can explained it to me.

“Wait—do you think that i have another girl beside you? No offence mom.”

“None taken.”

“Sorry.” I muttered.

Kai sigh loudly-on purpose- , “You should let people explain first before you jump into conclusion.” He said.

I bit my lip and look at my feet, feeling suddenly interest on them.

“Sorry.”

He chuckle and tilted my chin up with his finger. “It’s okay tinker bell.”

I snorted at that making him blushed. “Tinker bell? Seriously?”

“What? You couldn’t blame me because of it. A lot of peo-“

A cough interrupted his sentence. Both of us look up and saw Kai’s parents grinned at us.

“It’s really sweet and entertaining to see the romantic scene but we’re still here, you know.”

I clears my throat and smile awkwardly at them.

 

~~~

The next day, i went to school without Kai. He called me this morning that he have something to do-a family matter- and said sorry to me. I, of course understand and told him not to worry about it.

Since Kai couldn’t drive me, my brother did and now, i am standing in front of my locker, taking books from it.

“Hey.”

I quickly spun around and meet face to face with the guys.

“Oh hey guys.” I greet them.

“Where’s lover boy?” Baekhyun Oppa ask. I look around and notice that Suho Oppa also didn’t attend school.

“Well, he got something to do.” I shrug.

“Aww, and now you’re alone?” Sehun fake pouted at me.

I rolled my eyes and lightly smacked his face making the others laughed while Sehun gasp from the sudden action.

“Yah—you brat—“

Without waiting him to finish his line, i walked away, heading to my classroom. I heard Sehun saying something but i couldn’t catch it.

When i reach the classroom, i quickly went to my seat and look around. I shifted uncomfortably on my seat when i saw all eyes were on me.

What’s the matter now?

“Soomin-ssi.”

Startled, my head instantly whip towards the voice.

Strangely, the owner of the voice look at me with a smile on her face.

Seriously, what’s wrong?

“Yeah?”

“Can i talk to you for a moment?”

“Sure.” I nodded after thinking about it for a minute.

“Cool. Follow me.”

I got up from my seat and follow the person.

Just before we can step out of the classroom, someone yelled, “Lina-ah!! You can do it! Just tell her what you want and don’t worry about anything! I will always by your side.”

Smiling a bit, i look at the owner of the voice who kept yelling some sweet words.

Junho.

“Thank you.” Lina reply then we exit the class.

 

Jongin POV

After the explaining that my father did, i thought about it a lot.

Why didn’t he tell us?

 

-FLASHBACK-

“Tell me.” I crossed my arms.

I saw him sigh and sat down on my bed. We were currently in my room since this room was the first after the stairs.

“Well, first of all, i want to apologize for leaving your mom and you. I know it’s a stupid decision ever, but i did it for your safety. You were just a child back then and i don’t want anything bad happened to you nor your mother. I really mean it.” He look up and smile sadly at me before continue, “ I have many debts Jongin-ah. Too many debts that my salary that i saved for two years isn’t enough to pay it.”

“What debts? You have a job! Why are you even have many debts?”

“Listen! Before i got married to your mother, i ask many people to lend me some money. It become my habit after that but after i met your mother, i stopped  and search for a job. Luckily for me, i got a job- thanks to your mother- and i tried to saved it but it is not enough for me. So, i planned to resign my job and hide. What i mean hide was, i want to be able to work in peaceful and not having problems.”

“And you ing left us, suffering here.” I spat.

“Jongin.” He sigh and rub his temple. “ Listen to me first, would you?”

Scoffing, i look away. He took that as a chance to continue.

“Well, i went to Canada and start to work there as a waiter. I am lucky that i know to speak English a bit and the manager there actually hired me because of sympathy. Of course, the job isn’t the only one i had. I have three jobs in a day and i barely got to sleep just because i want to find money quickly so i can back to Korea and pay all my debts and search for the both of you. But, after two years working there, i got enough money. I went back to here and search for the people that i had debts with, wanting to pay but shockingly, all of my debts already paid.And the person – who paid my debts- actually waited for me everyday at the same places and approached me with bodyguards around him.”

“How do you know it’s him?”

“He told me. The moment i arrived in Korea, i didn’t even waste more time. I immediately went to the places and want to pay for my debts but the person already there, waiting for me. He told me that he know your mother and you and he also told me what happened the moment i ran away. You don’t know how much i regretted my decision that time. I felt like i want to commit suicide for putting your mother and you in such state but the person told me not to worry about you two. He said that he will help the both of you and will give me a work. I, of course refused it strongly because i want to go back to the both of you but his words eventually hit me hard.”

He paused for a while.

“What did he said?” I urged him on.

“He said, ‘If you want to go back to them, make sure you’re succesful first. If you just go back to them just like that, i am very sure that they will not accept you back. You put them in such state and now you expected them to accept you in their life again? Dream on. You must be succesful so you can make up for the time where you left them in such horrible state. I’m willing to help you if you promise to me that you will do what i just told you to’.”

“So, are you succesful now then?” I said sarcastically.

“In fact, i do. I actually plan that i want to meet the both of you last year but i have to postponed it because of some reasons. I’m really sorry for all these time Jongin-ah. I really do.I hope you can found somewhere in your heart to forgive me.”

I stared at him stunned. I don’t know how long i was looking at him but when i saw his expression become dull, lost hope, i let out an audible sigh.

I imagine the happiness on my mom’s face when he was near her and that’s all i need for.

“All of this will never happened if you told us the reason.We will be always being the happy family if you never did this.”

He give me a sad smile and nod, “I know. I’m sorry for all of these years i put the both of you in such state. You don’t know how regret i am. I guess, that’s your answer then. I will leave now. Take care of your mother.”

What the hell is he talking about?

 Furrowing my eyebrows, i just watch him head to the door. Before he can exit, i stopped him by saying the words that i know it will change my whole life again. He freeze at the door and whip his head at me.

“Repeat that again.” He breathe out.

Sighing, “I said, i will try to forgive you.”

-END FLASHBACK-