014

Her Ideal Type [EDITING]

Soomin POV

“Bye.” I waved at him. He smile, nodding and waved back before he drove off.

 

After his car dissapeared from my sight, I walked back to the house just to see Jaejin oppa sitting on the couch, frowning.

 

“Are you okay Oppa?” I ask as I walked towards him.

 

“I have a question for you.”

 

Nodding a bit, I can’t help but feel uneasy.

 

“Do you think it’s a good idea to let you dating that boy?”

 

Furrowing my eyebrows, “Oppa, what are you talking about?”

 

“Ever since you date him, I never saw you act like before.Sure, I saw your happy expression too but not always. You never have problems before you know him but now ---“

 

“Oppa, that’s why it’s called an obstacles.Every lover got problems, there are no couple that will be always happy without fighting.” I cut him off.

 

There was a long silence before he nod, “True.”

 

Chuckling, “So, when are you going to get a girlfriend?”

 

“Why? Want to get rid of me already?” He joked.

 

“Of course not!” I laughed.

 

Jongin POV

When I arrived at home, I heard sobs from inside. Only one person in my mind would be like that.

 

Mom.

 

Sighing, I open the door just to see her crying with a frame in her hand.

 

“Mom.” I breathed out. Why would she cry over that stupid man anyway?

 

“Jongin. Your father, please find him for me.” She plead.

 

“Just forget him, damn it!” I curse.

 

“No. He’s the love of my life. I couldn’t forget him.” She sobs.

 

“Mom, I’m tired with you crying over him!! Just accept that he left you! Why are you so desperate for him!!??” I shouted.

 

“He’s my husband! Your father!” She scream.

 

Rubbing my temples, I walk to my room and slammed the door shut loudly.

 

“Kim Jongin! Please find him for me.” She scream from downstairs.

 

“No way. “ I muttered.

 

About half an hour, my mother still crying like a crazy woman downstairs. Couldn’t take it already, I grab my phone and called someone.

 

“Hello?” He pick his phone.

 

“Hyung, can I go to your house today?” I muttered.

 

“She’s at it again?” He sighs.

 

“Hmm.” Was all I responds.

 

“Okay.”

 

“And one more thing. Can I stay there for a while?” I ask.

 

“Is you mom going to be okay?”

 

“She will be.” I reply.

 

“If you say so. You can come over.”

 

Then he hung up.

 

Quickly standing up, I walk to my closet and grab random clothes and shoved it in my duffel bag.

 

“Where are you going?” I heard my mom the moment I went down the stairs.

 

“Away from here.” I mumbles then exit the house.

 

“Are you going to leave me too?” She shouted making me froze on my spot.There’s a fear evident in her voice when she said that.  “Don’t leave me like your father did.” She cried.

 

“I’m not leaving you. I just need some times alone.”

 

Before I can turned the car on, my mom already at the side of my car.

 

“Jongin, please don’t leave me.” She sob. Her face fulled of pain.

 

Narrator Pov

Seeing that, there’s a tug in Kai’s chest. His chest tightened as he saw her mom plead to him.

 

“Why are you doing this mom? Can’t you please forget him? He’s not worth your time.” Kai said after he rolled down the window.

 

“I know, I know now. Just don’t go.”

 

“Mom, I’m not leaving you. I just need some time alone.” Kai said desperately.

 

“That’s what he said too! But he never come back!” His mom shouted. By now, the neighbours are outside their house, wanting to see what’s happening.But, when they saw the commotion, they couldn’t help but feel sympathy. They knew what happened to Kai’s family.They knew all along but they just kept their mouth shut not wanting to interfere their business.

 

“Mom, please! Just go!”

 

“No!”

 

“What’s going on?”

 

An angelic voice interrupted. Their voice filled of confusion and worry.

 

Hearing that, Kai’s mother craned her neck and saw a young girl look at them, confusion written on her face.

 

“Who are you?” His mom ask as her voice crack at the end.

 

“Are you okay ? Did Kai say something hurtful ? Why are you crying? Yahh, Kai!” The girl glared at Kai. She couldn’t take it when someone treat an elder with no respect.

 

“S-soomin-ah, w-what are you d-doing here?” Kai stuttered.He quickly open his car door and towering over her.

 

“I just want to give you this back.” Soomin said as she held a phone out.Kai looked down and took it.

 

“T-thanks. You should go now.” He pushed her lightly.

 

“Why should i?” Soomin frowned.

 

“Who’s this?”

 

Soomin look behind Kai and beamed. She’s aware that the elder woman was crying but she don’t want to talk about it.She don’t want her to cry more so she did what she want to do.

 

She walk past Kai and linked her arms with Kai’s mother.

 

Kai whipped wround just to see the lovely scene. Soomin was grinning but he know why she did that. She was comforting his mother.

 

“I’m Lee Soomin. I’m guessing that you’re Kai’s mother? Since you two resemble too much. Now, I know where he got the face from.” Soomin exclaim loudly.

 

Kai’s mother stunned for a while and wiped her remaining tears. “Umm—“

 

“Omonim, do you want to go out ? A date? “ Soomin immediately cut her off.

 

Kai scowled but a smile crept up his face when he saw her mother’s face lit up. He couldn’t believe it. Soomin just met his mother for a few minutes yet she managed to make her happy.

 

“Do you want to go shopping then?” His mother ask.

 

“Of course omonim. And since Kai made you cry, we should bring him too and let him pay for you. I can manage myself but Kai should treat his mother. Right honey?” Soomin give him a sweet smile.

 

Although Kai’s face were red from the endearment, he still nod. Soomin was right though. He should buy everything his mom want. As well as Soomin. No way he want her to pay for herself. Not after she just make his mother smile.

 

After his father left, Kai search for a job or maybe more than one job. He went work at night and went school at morning. But, all of that stop when Suho found out. Kai always went to school with bags around his eyes and he look worn out all day.

 

He then confronted Kai and asked why he was like that. Since they are bestfriend, Kai told everything. Suho being the great friend he is, he offered that he will pay everything for Kai so he will not tired all the time.

 

At first, Kai refused and still went his work but Suho’s family is powerful. His family told Kai’s work places to banned him from working there anymore and that made Kai furious. He actually punched Suho right on his nose but Suho understand his feelings so he just let him be.After a while, Kai couldn’t stay mad at him. Suho is his bestfriend, and he just want to help him.

 

Kai then gave up and let Suho spoiled him and his mother. Since then, Kim Jongin and Kim Joomyeon being more than bestfriend. They became siblings.

 

Suho’s father even give Kai a non-limited card credit so they can live well. Kai hesitated at first but after more encouraged from Suho saying that they are family now, Kai took it with a shame.He didn’t want to Suho spoiled him but Suho’s family pretend that Kai never said that.

 

Even in Kim resident, Kai and his mother have their own room. Suho’s family prepared it for them ever since Suho confronted Kai about having more than three jobs.

 

But of course, Kai didn’t want to live with them yet. He want his mother recovered mentally first. Suho always nagged at him that his family can help him but Kai ignore him.

 

“Yahh, Kai!!”

 

Kai snapped out from his thought and saw his girlfriend stared at him in concern.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Are you okay? You’re zoning out.” Soomin stated.

 

“Nothing, let’s go now.” Kai reply as he hopped in his car.

 

“Where to?”

 

“Where else? Mall of course.” Kai said.

 

“Well, let’s give your mom a few minutes then. She’s changing her clothes now.”

 

Kai look around and saw her mother didn’t stood beside Soomin anymore.He must be really on his thought that he didn’t even notice that his mother went inside their house.

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

About ten minutes later, his mother exit the house, in different outfit and locked it before she went towards Kai’s car. She was about to open the back seat door when Soomin stopped her.

 

“Omonim, shouldn’t mother and son sit next to each other?” She grinned.

 

Kai look at her with a furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Here, let me help you omonim.” Soomin continue as she open the passenger seat door.

 

Kai’s mother glance at Kai and hesitantly get in. Soomin closed after her and get in the back. She knew that the mother and son is not in the good relationship, that’s why she want them to get close.

 

She was aware that she’s not in the right place to do that but  she don’t want Kai to regret when his mother left the world. She’s not leaving a curse on Kai’s mother. She just stating the truth. Soomin knew how it is feels when someone you dearly love left you.

 

Although Kai was kind of cold to his mother, Soomin saw the love for his mother in his eyes. He just didn’t show his affection towards his mother and Soomin determined to change it.

 

“Let’s go!!!” Soomin cheered making Kai chuckled.

 

Kai’s mother look so shocked when she saw her son laughing. Her eyes darted to the girl behind and smile slightly.

 

Is this because of the girl ? Who is she actually? And why is she kept calling me omonim? Is she Jongin's girlfriend ? But, how?