Prologue

Sleep.

 

 

"Seulgi?" 

 

 

 

A soft voice spoke, a careful hand slowly reaching over and caressing the sleeping beauty's cheek gently. 

 

The brunette woke up due to the soft pokes Irene gave her cheeks in order to wake the hibernating girl up. Her chocolate colored eyes opening slowly to meet the eyes of whom had kept her sane for the past three years. 

"Hm.?"

She hummed out in response, sitting up just a bit so that her girlfriend wouldn't lean over too much.

Her eyes closed again as she sleepily leaned her cheek into Joohyun's hand, wondering what the older girl wanted to say at the god forsaken hour of eight a.m. 

 

On a Saturday.

 

 

"Why were you crying.?" 

 

Irene had asked, slightly tilting her head while regardless brushing the tears off of her girlfriend's cheeks, giving her a light peck on the forehead afterwards.

Her sleek raven colored hair slowly cascading down her shoulders while looking down at Seulgi, her expression soft.

"Oh. Sorry.. I dreamt of.. them.."

The younger girl responded while glancing down at her hands that were fidgeting with the end of her shirt.

Her gaze unmoving until Irene had gently cupped her cheeks and forced Seulgi to look at her.

"Seul.. Don't worry, I'm right here.." The older girl said while looking into her girlfriend's eyes lovingly, giving off a warm smile before setting her hands back down. 

"I'll always be right here."

 

 

She added and Seulgi nodded her head slightly, her arms wrapping around Joohyun's body and pulling her closer. Expertly trapping her in a soft bear hug, Much to the shorter woman's relief.

 

"Don't ever leave me okay.?" 

 

Seulgi whispered softly, The girl infront of her nodding her head and turning her head to softly kiss her jaw "You can kill me if I do."

 

 

The ravenette responded with a slight chuckle, looking over to see Seulgi's eyes match the shape of the crescent moon.

 

Her personal favorite part of the younger girl.

 

 

 

"I love you." The brunette responded and the older girl smiled before nodding her head once more

"I love you too Seul."


 

 

"You want coffee?"

Irene asked, looking over at the younger girl who was having trouble staying up while eating a muffin that Wendy had baked.

 

Thank god that woman was addicted to baking or else both she and Seulgi would have starved to death.

"Yes Please."

The brunette responded, struggling to keep her eyes open while chewing on the muffin, crumbs lingering on the corner or her lips while she ate. Her mind continuing to replay the dream she had about three hours ago.

 

They were all there again.

 

 

Making her go through the same torture she had went through for almost eight years of her life before she had decided to move away.

 

 

She couldn't let them back in her head.

Let them control her emotions. Not when Joohyun's done so much to help her already, Helping to pick up Seulgi's broken pieces.

 

She was never going to let them shatter her happiness ever again. 

Never.

 

 

 

The brunette took the mug shaped like a bear, her favorite, and sipped from it, letting the bitter taste of coffee into .

She shook her head and set the mug back down, Unconsciously pouting which caused the older girl in front of her to chuckle slightly.

 

"Why don't you just ask for it with hot chocolate? You always think it's too bitter." Irene mused, raising an eyebrow as she took a sip of coffee from her personal bunny shaped mug.

"I forget." The younger girl said with a straight face, Her girlfriend shaking her head while softly sighing

"Kang Seulgi you will be the death of me."

The raven haired girl said, drinking the hot substance again.

 

 

Her dark eyes meeting Seulgi's lighter one's who showed that the younger girl was still in thought.

 

When Seulgi didn't reply, The shorter woman walked over to the other and hugged her from behind, her arms wrapping around her waist out of pure habit.

 

Her chin gently resting on one shoulder, a faint smile on her lips when feeling the brunette instantaneously slip her fingers through Joohyun's own.

 

"Come on, Let's go out for a picnic, We haven't been out in a while because of finals."

 

Irene suggested in a more cheerful voice, glancing up to see the other smile in agreement.

Seulgi turned around with a soft sigh and gently kissed the other, pulling away with a cheeky smile as she looked at Joohyun's flushed cheeks.

"After almost two years and you still blush when I kiss you~" The younger girl teased, sticking out her tongue before quickly skipping away in time to miss being hit by Joohyun who seemed a bit more embarrassed

"Yah!" Irene's voice rang out, chasing the brunette who was in a fit of giggles. 

 

 Irene thought  for a moment before her arms captured the giant bear's waist and tugged it towards her own body, hitting her side playfully as a punishment.

 

Smiling as she looked over at Seulgi who just laughed and pushed her hands down so she wouldn't be attacked once more by the bunny.


 

The two walked together hand in hand, enjoying the fresh air around them. Seulgi held an orange colored blanket that smelt of clean laundry, Thanks to Joohyun who just loved the scent for some odd reason. And the older had a purple colored backpack that was filled with snacks for them to eat.

The brunette sighed softly in content, pulling her girlfriend closer to her body with a smile that the shorter girl couldn't resist.

"Seul, Remember when we first met during highschool?"

Irene asked, a sheepish grin playing on her lips as she glanced over to the girl beside her who brightly smiled. 

"Of course I do. I was a junior and you had just graduated from my rival school, During the carnival." She answered, smiling when thinking back about how they had first met.

Irene nodded her head and glanced over at the brunette "We bumped into each other and you dropped your phone. And I accidentally hit your hand when we both went down to get it." The raven haired girl recalled, running her free hand through her dark hair to push back a bit of her hair.

 

"You were making the moves on me." Seulgi said before laughing lightly, nudging the older girl's side gently.

 

Irene opened in slight shock before releasing a short laugh "I- What? I was not!" She protested, holding onto the bear's arm and shaking it gently.

 

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding."  Seulgi said with a smirk and quickly kissed Joohyun's cheek before they arrived at the park, Which earned her another playful laugh and a giggle.

 

 

"But you totally were, though."


 

 

Seulgi was walking alone, wearing a blue hoodie and dark jeans while glancing down at her phone.

A pout present due to the fact that she had lost sight of both her best friends, Joy and Yeri.

She had somehow managed to be separated from them while simply walking, she really needed to stop thinking so much when with others.

Especially because she absolutely at communicating with strangers, due to her anxiety getting in the way. The brunette was surprised that both Joy and Yeri hung out with her as they were the most outgoing people she'd ever known.

 

"I swear to god I need a homing device on their phones so I won't lose them so often.."  

The tall girl muttered to herself, glancing up and around before looking back down at her phone nervously, chewing on her lower lip anxiously.

 

Thoughts swirled through her mind about things that her friends obviously wouldn't do but she couldn't help but imagine. 

 

"I'm sorry.!" 

 

She heard someone say, bringing her back into reality. Her eyes found those of a shorter girl who looked slightly alarmed, but oddly warm to look into.

Seulgi quickly shook her head and glanced down, noticing that her phone had dropped "O-Oh no I-it's okay.!" She said quickly bending down to pick her phone up at the same time the stranger had.

 

The brunette's hand reached the phone first and the girl's fingers only brushed the back of her hand before they both stood back up straight.

 

"S-Sorry It's my fault I-I wasn't paying attention again." Seulgi apologized with a slight bow, lowering her eyes down towards the ground. 

"Again.?"

 

The girl had asked, tilting her head while looking up to the taller girl for an answer.

 

Seulgi paused, gently biting her lower lip and playing with the ends of her opened sweater before she spoke up.

 

"Uh.. Y-Yeah.. I tend to get caught up in my thoughts and forget what h-happening around me.."

She responded and used her free hand to rub the back of her neck, glancing over at the other girl for a few moments who seemed to be processing her answer.

 

"That's how I-I lost my best friends just now.." She said in a quiter voice with a soft sigh, glancing around in search of the duo. 

 

"Well.. can you come with me to the food stand and then I'll help you look for your friends.?" 

The girl asked a bit quietly, glancing down at her hands for a few seconds before she had looked up to look up into Seulgi's eyes, smiling slightly.

Seulgi was surprised for a moment, her mind processing the stranger's words. "I-I uhm.. Sure okay.." Seulgi said softly while nodding her head, offering a soft smile.

The stranger smiled brightly and did a suspiciously rabbit-like how before she had lightly grabbed Seulgi's wrist and pulled her along to the food booth.


 

 

a/n

So this is just a lil snippet of how Irene and Seulgi's relationship is!! I plan to write long chapters so the updates will most likely be every week or so, please subscribe so I know this is going somewhere!