Protect [Wei x Gyujin]

UP10TION ONESHOTS

It’s early morning, and people are still asleep. Though there are, of course, exceptions for early birds, and people who like to wake up earlier than usual. To make it clear, Wei is definitely not an early bird. He usually won’t wake up until just before noon or when his other members rise him from his slumber with endless shouting.

 

But this certain morning is different, as he had planned a little something to surprise his friends. He’d prepared a harmless prank for them.

 

The tall boy steps in the kitchen to make sure everything is in place. He’s taken a shower and dressed up nice and early in the morning. It’s just what he does when he feels good.

 

Though… it doesn’t exactly go as planned.

 

Wei’s shouts can be heard all throughout the mansion as a couple dozen eggs smashed him from every possible direction. He can’t help but scream and shout in his high-pitched tone as he is bombarded with the eggs. He grits his teeth when the last one his him right on his chest.

 

Oh, he knows who did it.

 

He ing knows.

 

“I SWEAR TO GOD, GYUJIN! I’LL BEAT YOU TO DEATH THIS TIME!!” he roars.

 

From his room, Gyujin, who wakes after hearing Wei’s screams, chuckles. He expects the older boy is already dashing his way up to the third floor -where Gyujin’s bedroom is- covered in egg and their shells. He breathes out and waits a minute or two before his door is thrown open.

 

In storms Wei, with the door in his right hand. He slams it down and points an accusing finger at the newly awakened boy. Gyujin raises his arms up, as if he’s an innocent, pure person. Wei knows better, and he opens his mouth to speak when Gyujin beats him to it.

 

“You sure did yourself dirty, hyung. I mean, I did hear that eggs are good for your hair but~ seems like you went a bit overboard there. Be careful next time, hyung~” he sing-songs. Wei wishes he had daggers for eyes, for he can stab Gyujin by just staring at him.

 

Hahah, what a loser you are, hyung. Just like usual~ A voice in Wei’s head mocks.

 

“You better shut up, Gyujin! I don’t want to hear your damn voice in my head ever again!” Wei declares, frowning deeply.

 

Sure.

 

What a little .

 

You’re just jealous you can’t be as smart as I am~

 

Wei considers attacking Gyujin right then and there, as he had thought countless times before. Fortunately for the brunette, their leader, Jinhoo comes in. He sees the egg-covered Wei and holds back a chuckle to avoid making the taller madder than he already is.

 

“Wei…” he starts. Said boy huffs and lowers his hand. It’s not that Jinhoo intimidated him (okay, maybe a bit when it’s in the morning); they all just have this instinct to follow their shortest, but eldest member.

 

“Whatever. I’m going to shower,” Wei grumbles. He shoots Gyujin a dirty look, which the younger returns with a sweet smile. Jinhoo simply sighs and shakes his head. “Remember to fix Gyujin’s door later on, Wei!” he shouts. “He can fix it himself!”

 

Jinhoo turns to look at Gyujin. The brunette shrugs and focuses on lifting the broken-down door back to its place. He then collapses back and cuddles his pillow.

 

“It’s time to get up, slugabed,” Jinhoo scolds, walking to his bedside. Gyujin pouts with his eyes closed.

 

“Five more minutes, hyung,” he whines. Jinhoo shakes his head and snaps his fingers. Gyujin opens his eyes a bit and sees the life outside his windows stop. He smiles and closes his eyes in content.

 

“Only five minutes, alright?”

 

“Yes, hyung~”

 

~~~

 

“This is weird,” Kuhn mumbles as he reads an email he received from the mayor.

 

“What is?” Kogyeol asks from behind.

 

Kuhn sighs out, ruffling his hair. He pushes up his glasses while handing Kogyeol his phone. The brunette takes it and reads over the email.

 

“What’s up, guys?” Sunyoul pips in.

 

“Seems like the guys we caught two days ago weren’t the only troublemakers around. From the looks of it, they’re from some organization. Apparently the mayor got a death threat…” Kogyeol trails off, “Kuhn-hyung, are you okay?”

 

The second oldest looks very stressed out. The past month the local crime rate is higher than usual, and it takes a toll on both leaders, Kogyeol knows that.

 

“Just a bit pissy. Sorry about the weather, guys.”

 

Sure enough, dark clouds begin to form, and a little while later, a light drizzle falls upon the city. Kogyeol stares out the window and breaths out. “How about this, you don’t have to go, at least for this time. Since it’s nothing too serious. I believe not all ten of us have to go, right?” he offers.

 

Kuhn sighs. “I guess so. Wei, Gyujin, Hwanhee, and Xiao, will you be able to?” he asks. The four are sitting on the couch, having paid a little attention to what their hyungs were saying.

 

“Death threat, probably includes bombs, huh? Sure, we can,” Xiao smiles, jumping up. “Last one out is the loser,” he says before bolting out the mansion in a little less than 5 seconds. “See you hyungs later!” Hwanhee says quickly, following his best friend out. Fur sprouts from his body, and halfway through the room, he had transformed into a wolf.

 

Kogyeol looks at Gyujin and Wei expectantly. “Go ahead, you two,” he beckons. “Alright,” Gyujin sighs, levitating out. He peeks his head from the door to look back at Wei.

 

Since you’re last, you’re the loser, is what he says in Wei’s head.

 

“Shut up, Gyujin. Bye Yeol and Kuhn-hyung. I’ll try to take care of the kids.”

 

“Be safe, and don’t break down the front door again, please!” Kogyeol shouts after him. “Will do,” Wei chuckles.

 

~~~

 

“What the was that?! What were you thinking?” Wei shouts, pushing Gyujin’s shoulders, causing him to stagger back.

 

Gyujin takes it, looking down in shame. He knows what he did back there was extremely childish and dangerous, but he couldn’t help himself. He had to do it, or else Wei could’ve…

 

“I beat them, hyung. I didn’t get hurt,” he says carefully, afraid of unleashing Wei’s wrath. He would usually break things around the house when he’s angry. Though it seems like Gyujin said the wrong thing.

 

“THAT’S NOT THE POINT! You could’ve DIED out there! That bomb could’ve set off half a second earlier and you would’ve. Not only that, but you put OUR TEAMMATES in great danger!” Wei bellows, swinging his arm and ultimately destroying a nearby cabinet. Gyujin winces at the crash. He can see Wei’s hand struck by shards of glass. He bites his trembling lip, and before Wei can say anything else, he turns around and runs out of the room.

 

I was only thinking of you, hyung…

 

~~~

 

I’m really sorry, guys… Gyujin says. He’s sitting near Xiao and Hwanhee’s bed in their infirmary.

 

“It’s ok! It’s nothing too serious,” Xiao says cheerfully. “And can you please talk instead of telepathy-ing into our minds?” Hwanhee whines. Gyujin wonders how the two youngest can be so happy after being merely seconds away from death.

 

“Sorry, it’s just that… I can’t bear with the fact that you two almost died because of my carelessness. Especially you, Hwan. If Xiao hadn’t been there I…” the oldest in the room sighs. He puts his head down and laces his fingers together, trying to fight back the tears of guilt. Replays of the event runs through his head again, no matter how much he tries to shoo it away.

 

///

 

“The one with the most kills gets to be treated by the other three?” Gyujin challenges. Not wanting to back down, they all nodded before taking their stance. Gyujin smirks. He knows exactly where enemy reinforcements are coming from. They have a bomb with them, and he’ll make sure he’s the one who retrieves it.

 

As they take down the enemies one by one, Gyujin senses the reinforcements coming. He lifts his arms and focuses on the building where they are in. Then, he stops.

 

“No…”

 

He looks around in panic. The bomb is no longer in the building. He looks further up and sees someone throwing a box from the top floor. It’s headed right towards Wei, who is busy fending off a few men by himself. He crushes them easily, but Gyujin knows Wei isn’t a telepath.

 

He doesn’t know he’s in great danger.

 

So Gyujin runs. In a flash of light, time seems to stop. Weird, Jinhoo isn’t even with them. But Gyujin doesn’t care and repels the bomb headed towards Wei. It flies towards a building and explodes, raining debris everywhere.

 

Hwanhee, who is standing right below it, isn’t able to react fast enough. His ears flattened and his eyes widen. He freezes a bit, but not a second later, he feels himself being shoved a safer distance away from the debris that was about to hit him.

 

Finally snapping out of it, he transforms back into a human and rushes over to help Xiao. “Xiao-ya!” he whines, cradling the younger boy in his lap. As if shoving a wolf isn’t hard enough, he had abused his power as well, knocking him out cold.

 

Hwanhee’s eyes travel lower and he gasps when he sees Xiao’s leg drawing blood. “Wei-hyung! Gyujin-hyung! Where are you?” he howls.

 

The two appears not a moment later, and Gyujin almost cries at what he sees. Wei, having the better instinct, immediately goes over and picks the two boys up. He stands up with ease and looks at Gyujin angrily. “We have to get them back to the mansion. Hurry up.”

 

Gyujin can only nod.

 

///

 

“You should rest up, hyung,” Xiao says quietly. Hwanhee had fallen asleep and is snoring quietly. Gyujin sighs.

 

“I suppose I should. I really hope you get better soon, Xiao,” he says, cuddling the younger’s head in apology. Xiao flashes his smile when Gyujin moves back.

 

“I never get hurt for too long. You don’t have to worry about anything!”

 

Gyujin tries to believe that.

 

~~~

 

When Gyujin steps out of the infirmary, he’s more than surprised to find Wei already waiting for him. In fact, he almost screamed when he bumped into the tall figure.

 

“Oh, hyung! Didn’t, uh, sense, I mean… see you there,” he stutters. Wei gives him a small smile, and Gyujin thinks for a split second whether he had hit his head and forgot his anger towards him.

 

Then, the smile falls, and Gyujin’s nervousness is back.

 

“I just wanted to say sorry. For… scaring you away like that. I know that you were only thinking of me, and… I’m, I mean- well, I’m thankful. Thank you, Gyu.” Wei scratches the back of his head, and Gyujin (for some unknown reason) is blushing.

 

“Oh, um… that’s okay. I mean, it’s okay. You had every right to be angry with me, hyung. You bore the responsibility of keeping us safe, so I’m sorry too,” Gyujin apologizes, proud of himself for not stuttering. “And I feel like resting, see you later, hyung.”

 

Gyujin moves away, but Wei quickly grabs his hand. The former turns around and shoots him a questioning look.

 

“Wait, Gyujin. I wanted to say something else too… I mean, you probably already know what it is. You’re reading my mind now, aren’t you?” Gyujin smiles, a giggle slipping out.

 

“I’m giving my brain a break, so, no I’m not reading anyone’s mind. What is it?” he asks. Wei sighs in relief, and then stops, as he doesn’t know the right words to say.

 

“Well, I’ve been thinking. I really don’t want to put any of us in trouble anymore, especially you, Gyujin. I don’t know why, but there’s something about you I just really, really like. Even though you’re an annoying that s up my plans every time, I just like you. I like you, okay? There, I said it.”

 

Wei covers his face with one hand, only peeking once to gauge Gyujin’s reaction- which is a straight face.

 

“You what now?” Gyujin asks, raising an eyebrow. Wei crosses his arms, his blush evident on his face.

 

“I like you, ing idiot. Don’t pretend you didn’t hear me,” he grumbles. He turns his head away, but from the corner of his eyes he can see Gyujin’s growing smile. “I knew that already. Like, from a long~ time ago. It’s not hard to find out things when you’re a telepath like me.”

 

Wei sticks his tongue out. “Yeah, yeah. Brag all day about your powers, will you?” Gyujin laughs. Wei can’t help but think it’s a pretty sound.

 

“I can do that,” he giggles. He hesitates, but grabs Wei’s hand. The latter faces him and immediately feels his heart beat quicken by the annoyingly cute look plastered on Gyujin’s face. He’s pouting again, that cute, embarrassed pout that Wei didn’t realize he’s always liked. A little too much, maybe. He finds himself wanting to kiss him.

 

Gyujin looks up and smiles sheepishly. “I like you too. Just thought you wanted to know, because you’re not a telepath, hyung. Just an overly strong stick that I’ve fallen for,” he says, laughing a little at his own confession. Wei uses his other hand to lightly hit his forehead.

 

“You’re such a lame idiot.”

 

~~~

 

“This doesn’t mean I’ll stop ruining your plans, though.”

 

“Likewise. Doesn’t stop me from wanting to beat you up… except if Jinhoo-hyung is there, that is.”

 

Gyujin just laughs, and Wei finds himself smiling.

 


For: hahahbye

A/N: Hi!! I'm really sorry this is so damn late, I've been quite busy these days ㅠㅠ I hope you like this os, I enjoyed writing it (and is anyone interested in a full Xmen AU for Up10tion fic? bc I've been thinking about possible superpowers for them while writing this.. let me know in the comments!!)~ Ahh that's all from me, have a nice day, guys~

Twitter

-chocaramell