one;

Petrichor

The sound of wind blowing was accompanying you that afternoon when you were waiting on the sidewalk for your brother to pick you up after class – you immediately knew it was going to rain so you reached out your umbrella from your bag. You took one more glance at your phone but there was no sign that your brother was going to answer you any time soon before you sighed heavily. “Open up the umbrella,”. The deep voice you knew too well suddenly made its appearance as you turned your head to the voice’s owner and gave him a bitter smile. “I was going to,” You stated. “Just a friendly reminder, because you have a short term memory like that,”. The tall figure shrugged before he flashed you a playful smirk. “It’s not that severe, Chanyeol,” You hissed.

“So, Baekhyun is going to pick you up or not?” Chanyeol said as he casually slung one of his arms around your shoulder and the other holding his own umbrella. You took one last glace and all you got was a blank screen, before you shook your head. “Probably not, he kind of a brat like that, you know it,” You replied with a slight chuckle. “Go home with me then,”. Chanyeol grinned at you, while pulling you closer as he dragged you to start walking. “Yeah, guess it will be another hour of me stuck with you, huh?”. You raised your eyebrow playfully at him, which he replied with a smirk, “Sounds awesome, right?”.

You only smiled at his own statement, you know another hour – or probably two, you don’t know, it’s easy to lost track of time when you were with Chanyeol – with him will be great, just like the past three years since you knew him. He was the nicest and the most caring person you ever have as a close friend, despite his goofy and reckless appearance. You remembered how you met him for the first time – It was your first day of college and you were at the library when your eyes met his big, adorable one as he stood at the end of the bookshelf. And the only thing you remembered for the next two days were his captivating dark brown orbs and his silver hair with his fringe down. It was when you noticed he was staring back at you three days after you met him on the library and that was also when he first talked to you.

God, you have liked him since the first glance and you didn’t have enough courage to say it to him even until then, when he was walking beside you, blabbering about his ty days because his professor gave him a hard time and a C for his homework – just because you were pretty sure it was a one-sided love. But sometimes Chanyeol did do things that make your heart flutters like crazy and gave you a hell lot of butterflies. You didn’t really know whether those were as a tease or not, but either way, it still didn’t give you enough confidence to tell him your feelings.   

“C for Chanyeol, though,” You said in the middle of his rant. “Gosh, you are so lame, I don’t even know why I am friends with you at some point,”. He shook his head and sighed, but his attention immediately averted to the falling water from the sky. “Oh, it’s raining already,” You muttered when you saw a drop of water fell on the palm of your hand. “Yeah, stop for a minute,” Chanyeol said as he held your arms out of the blue. He moved closer to you as he held the umbrella between his arms before he started to button your coat. “I can do this by myself, Chanyeol,” You said and tried to button your coat by yourself but ended up brushing your hands to his before he put aside your hands as he continued to do his job. “I know but you forgot like a lot, I’m here to fill that short-term mind of yours,” He chuckled as he done the last button. “I’ve told you it’s not that severe, Chan,”. You glared at him, which he only replied with a laugh, before you both continue to walk.

Small things he did like those were the kind that make your heart burst in a split second. And also, his smile – goodness, you swore his smile were the one that only a sunshine can make, and Chanyeol was the kind of guy who was smiling all the time – it’s like a warm day every time you were with him. “Let’s have some hotteok before we go home, my treat because it was raining and you brother ditched you on the sidewalk,”. He gave you a deadpan look, which you only replied with another glare. “It’s not like he ditch me, it just that he was being a brat and probably having a fun time, knowing how I will have a hard time with you,” You said while rolling your eyeball. “Ha, sweetheart, it’s funny how you act like you don’t enjoy it being with me, the Park Chanyeol,” He huffed and pouted before you nudged his arm lightly, telling him that he was over-reacting.

It only took ten minutes before you both reached the street food place, and as soon as you both seated, he ordered two plate of hotteok and a bowl of ramyun before you both went back to your usual chat. “Can I ask you a question, though,” He suddenly said. “Did you really have to ask mea question for that,”. You chuckled. “We have been friends for like three years not three minutes, Yeol,” You added. “Exactly,” He replied. “So, there’s this one girl,”. Oh, there he went again – it was no doubt that Chanyeol was the hot stuff and girls line up just to have a talk with him and Chanyeol was mostly willing to gave them some of his time. “I swear this one is different, I think she doesn’t know that it was so obvious that she likes me,” He added and you raised your eyebrow skeptically. “What kind of girl –,”. “But the thing is, I like her a lot too,” He added.

Oh, you have been hearing how he talked about how pretty some of the girls are and how attractive they are, but for the first time in three years, Chanyeol actually said that he liked one of them and you couldn’t even describe how torn you were when he did say those words. “That’s great,”. You smiled at him, somewhat bitterly and he probably too excited to even notice that. “I’ve been crushing at her since like forever – oh, actually, I think it was the first time my eyes laid on hers, we barely said hello but her black orbs feels like home,” He said but you were too distracted to even hear his word properly, just like every time when he talked about other girls. “She thought I wouldn’t notice how cute it was when she blushed as I purposely held her hands or her hair,” He continued.

“She was so oblivious all the time, I don’t know, maybe she thought I would just walk home any girls all the time,”. He shrugged. “But maybe it was her charm point, and she forgot a lot of things too, like her meals or her books or her jacket,” He added and you started to focused back from your dozing off. “And she has this cute face when she tried not to pay attention when I talked about other girls,” He added with a smile as he leaned on to one of his hand that he placed on the table. “It’s Saturday tomorrow, I’m about to ask her out, do you think she will say yes?”. Chanyeol raised his eyebrow as he tried to muffle his laughter. “Yes,” You nodded your head, when you weren’t actually sure what you were agreeing to.

“So, see you tomorrow then?”. He still raised his eyebrow, expecting you to came to your realization any time soon. “Why did you ask me? Ask the girl – wait, what?”. You actually just came to your sense when he chuckled. “You said yes, silly, so I’ll pick you up tomorrow, okay, ten in the morning sharp, I know how long it took for you to get ready,”. Chanyeol nudged your forehead. “But you were about to ask the girl you like out, so why – oh,” You were staring at him blankly while you were trying to process the whole Chanyeol-just-asked-you-out thing. “I wasn’t listening,” You confessed. “I know you won’t, how long do you think we have been friends? Two minutes?”. He smirked.

“Can you repeat that then? I did catch that she was being obvious – wait, am I that obvious?” You suddenly gasped at your own statement. “Yeah,”. He nodded with a chuckle. “But I like it though, I like you being obvious but trying to hide it which is, very adorable,” He added. “Will you be my girlfriend, adorable?” He suddenly added with a smile. “Only if you replied what you said earlier so I can pay attention to every word,”. You smiled back at him. “Of course,” He grinned widely at you before he said once more,

 

 

“So, see you tomorrow then,”.