Partition

Where There's Love

Sunggyu presses the button, causing the black glass of the window to noiselessly roll up, hiding them from the public view.

 

“I was waving to my fans!” Sungjong complains from beside him, disgruntled.

 

“I think that’s enough of waving, they can’t see us anymore.”

 

Sunggyu rests his head back, feeling the muscles on his neck relax. It’s been a long and tiring day; he shuts his sleep-kissed eyes, breathing out slowly. Beside him, Sungjong doesn’t settle down as he would expect him to.  Here in the quiet interior of the car, he is extra sensitive to the littlest of Sungjong’s movements.

 

“Yeah, now they can’t because you rolled up the window!” The maknae’s voice is extra vicious. Sunggyu feels like a sinner. For a second.

 

“Sungjong, we left them behind ages ago. You were waving to random people on the street,” Sunggyu replies exasperatedly, eyes shut tightly in order to not see the grimace making its way across the younger’s face. He’s tempted to peek but instead he readjusts his position. Years of experience has taught him to find a comfortable enough posture in the car that would allow him some sleep. With just the two of them in the car, it’s easier. He could have easily taken the front seat but when he heard it’s going to be only Sungjong in the car, he leapt onto the back.

 

He hears a soft thud and knows that Sungjong is now slumped on the seat beside, furious no doubt, even though Sunggyu’s being completely reasonable.

 

“Who are we dropping off first?” the manager asks. No one answers.

 

Even as he tries to fall asleep, he can’t. It’s the air around him perhaps, the cool air blasting out of the air conditioner or maybe it’s Sungjong’s addictive perfume. Actually, it’s probably the fact that the two of them are here, in the car, alone and away from the other members. The manager almost doesn’t matter.

 

This hasn’t happened in a long time. Ever since they moved out of their dorm, Sungjong started living with his parents. Sunggyu is really awkward when it comes to Sungjong’s parents, so he doesn’t go to visit. Sometimes he would ask Sungjong to come over, only to remember that he has one schedule or the other and has to cancel.

 

With his eyes still shut, he scoots closer to where he can sense the maknae is, his hand snaking around Sungjong’s slim waist as nonchalantly as possible. With surprising force, Sungjong grabs his arm and pulls it away from him.

 

The failure of the first attempt doesn’t deter him; sleep has already left him. Deftly he positions himself in a way so that he could trap the maknae’s legs between his. Again from experience, he knows that the maknae would not be able to get out of this leg lock. So does Sungjong, so he doesn’t even try. Perhaps he’s too tired to play games as well.

 

Sunggyu’s head lolls onto Sungjong’s shoulder and his lips are close to supple skin, so very inviting. As he tries to press a kiss to his neck, he hears the younger scoff.

 

“You’ve got to be joking!”

 

The indignant tone offends him but he ignores it. Instead, he tries again. This time the younger pushes his torso away from him.

 

Surprised and hurt, he looks at Sungjong to find his face red, not sweetly blushing red, but angry red.

 

“Why?” he asks, pouts, hoping the younger would have mercy on him.

 

“Why?” Sungjong is appalled. “You teased me the whole day about my hair. Yesterday as well. Are you shocked I’m not letting you slobber all over me?”

 

Sungjong has this ability to really hurt people with words – whether it’s all people or just Sunggyu, he doesn’t know. But right now, he feels like he’s being punished for a crime he didn’t commit.

 

“It was a joke,” he tries to justify, rubbing his temples. “I play around with all the members you know…”

 

A flash of glare and then Sungjong goes back to shutting his eyes and feigning sleep. He’s furious no doubt but it’s not his fault that it’s so much fun to tease the maknae. His reactions are priceless and strangely, it’s Sunggyu’s way of showing affection.

 

Sungjong makes him feel all tingly inside. Most of the time he is enamored by the maknae’s beauty, the cuteness is just a bonus. Teasing him is just his way of paying constant attention to his treasured angel. It’s cheesy, it’s gross, and even Woohyun will probably puke if he could hear his thoughts, but that’s just how Sungjong makes him feel.

 

Leaning closer to him so that his lips were touching his ear, he whispers, “I love you. More than anything else. Even more than my wife.”

 

It’s an old joke, because he once said he’s married to music, music is his wife and Sungjong his mistress. Sungjong’s face stirs a little, causing his spine to tingle.

 

Right now though, it’s a little more than tingling, more like a typhoon. All his senses are very much awake and all he needs is a little co-operation from Sungjong. He tries a different approach. Using his fingers, he traces Sungjong’s collarbone, now so much more prominent than before, under his shirt. He can definitely feel a tremor on his skin. The maknae tries to swat his hand away but he does it so weakly, half-heartedly.

 

Encouraged, Sunggyu places a soft kiss on the younger’s neck, pulling away in time to watch Sungjong’s lips purse, even though his eyes are closed. And that’s pretty much when he loses it. Desire crashed into him like turbulence and he takes Sungjong’s chin between his thumb and index finger, pulling him in for a kiss that takes seconds to turn steamy. A smirk appears as he realizes the younger is reciprocating, his mouth moving along his own, their tongues engaged in a tango. His hands steady themselves on Sungjong’s waist as the kiss deepens and he feels like he’s caught in a typhoon.

 

“I hate you so much,” Sungjong says as they break away for air and Sunggyu knows it means the opposite.

 

Sunggyu tackles Sungjong into lying down across the seat while he straddles him. Clothes are in the way but he just dips in towards Sungjong’s mouth, satisfied only when the younger’s moans are so loud that he might go deaf.

 

He drags his tongue across Sungjong’s neck as he reminds him, “You can’t.”

 

Any mark left on his exposed neck would mean trouble for them. Their CEO has a strict policy regarding promotion period – they are not to engage in anything…ual, or so he said.

 

As the leader, he feels a bit guilty for going against their CEO’s rules. Pausing, he looks at Sungjong, who’s breathing heavily, his face flushed. Even in the dim light from the nearby cars, he seems to be glowing.

 

Their eyes meet and Sungjong smiles, a genuine smile, his hands wrap around his neck and pulls him down for a tender kiss.

 

“It’s okay to not listen to the CEO for one night, right leader-nim?” His voice is low, Sunggyu’s chest is tight, and they just realized that there is no partition between the driver’s seat and the passengers section in the car.

 

It’s too late now to feel embarrassed so instead Sunggyu raises his voice, addressing the manager, almost mockingly, “It’s alright, right hyung?”

 

“I-er-aaaa…” The strained sound that comes out of the manager’s mouth tells them that he is not okay. It is a miracle that he is still able to concentrate on driving with what’s going on at the backseat. But maybe it's a good thing that he's too stunned by what's been going on to actually protest or scold them or tell them to stop. It was an unintentional ambush that had pretty much knocked the manager out of the game.

 

“Thanks,” Sunggyu says quickly before turning his attention to the maknae. They both chuckle a bit before going back to kissing furiously, this time the maknae letting Sunggyu to finish what he started.

 

After 5 more minutes, the car stops; they wouldn’t have really known unless the manager had called out.

 

“We’re here, Sungjong’s place.” It comes out in a croak and Sunggyu feels sorry for him. He’s looking anywhere but at them and he could make out sweaty fringes and flushed cheeks in the dim light.

 

“Just take us to my place,” he says impatiently. His arms are filled with Sungjong. Somehow he has managed to de-shirt both himself and Sungjong, the maknae’s hands now playing on his .

 

“Come on guys, you couldn’t have told me earlier?”

 

They ignore the manager’s audible groans.  Sunggyu’s going to buy him a meal someday to make up for it.