Epilogue

The Love Rivalry

          It had been a year and a half since Ga Eun and I had had our argument. Hoya had waited, as I had asked him to, before talking to her. But it hadn't change a thing. Ga Eun had refused to talk to me again. She had been hurt by my behavior and by our love story. Even though it had been hard for me to lose my closest friend, I had overcome the situation with the help of Hoya.

          Our relationship had blossomed and we were deeply in love. Hoya had asked me to move in with him, which I had gladly accepted. I had left my job at the mall to become a designer at a wedding shop.

 

          As a matter of fact, I had started a new life.

 

"Have you chosen a dress already ?"

 

          My coworker, Eun Mi, smiled at me.

 

"I can't choose one yet. Hoya doesn't want to marry me."

"I'm sure you're mistaken."

"I don't-"

 

          My body froze as I watched Ga Eun walk into the shop. Her mother and her sister were there too. Eun Mi welcomed them as I bowed. I kept silent as we listened to their request. In fact, Ga Eun's sister was getting married. When the bride tried on her first dress, Ga Eun came to me.

 

"It's nice to see you again, ____."

"It's surprising."

"I know right." she laughed. "You got prettier."

"How have you been ?"

"Pretty good. Actually, I have-"

 

         She didn't finish her sentence as a tall and handsome man walked into the shop. He went straight to her.

 

"Sorry Yeobo, I'm late."

 

          I blinked when he kissed her cheek. Then, he greeted me and I bowed. She introduced me as her friend and her husband decided to leave us alone. I wondered if she had told him about me. When he was out of sight, I said.

 

"I can't believe you're married !"

"What about you ? Are you still dating Ho Won ?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"____, I'm sorry for what I've done. I've been bad to you. I was so jealous."

"It's in the past Eonni. You have found your soul mate now, and it is the only thing that matters."

 

          She lifted her hand for a handshake.

 

"Friends again ?" she asked.

"Friends again." I repeated.