Chapter 3

The Love Rivalry

          The following week-end started nicely as I woke up late. In fact, I had the day off. I decided to wear a beautiful short dress with a few jewelries. I put on sneakers because I was tired of walking in heels every single day. I glanced at the mirror, grabbed a purse and walked out. I got on a bus in order to go to the city center. I had not been there for leisure for a while.

 

          I started by going to some shops although I had no intention of buying items. Well, that was until my gaze fell on a beautiful man's hoodie. I craved to see Hoya wearing it. Just imagining that it would stick to his body. He would look so handsome. I hesitated for a moment, wondering how he would react, and I finally bought it.

          I held the package proudly when I left the shop. Unconsciously, my feet led me to the gym club. I glanced at the bag I was holding and asked myself if it was a good idea to go to him now. He was probably busy with work.

 

          A smile made its way to my face when I recognized Hoya. He was walking out of the building. However, he wasn't alone. Ga Eun was beside him. I remembered what he told me the last time we had been together. He had confirmed his interest in me. Why was he with Ga Eun then ? Where were they going ?

 

          I tried not to focus on their outing by telling myself that they were going to eat together. It was lunch time already and they were colleagues. A feeling of guilt weighed me down as I followed them. Our relationship was at its beginning and I had to trust Hoya if I wanted to go further with him. I looked around and a little restaurant caught my attention. 

          I had ordered some side dishes and meat. I was eating when my phone vibrated. Ga Eun was calling.

 

"Hello ? Eonni ?"

"You'll never guess where I am !" she exclaimed.

"At.. a restaurant ?"

"Yes. Hoya brought me to a fancy restaurant. It's so romantic !"

"Romantic ?" I repeated.

"He has something to tell me."

"What is it ?"

"I don't know. I'm in the restroom right now." she said. "Gosh, I can't believe we're on a date !"

"Ah.. you're lu-lucky."

"I have to hang up now, I'll call you again later."

 

          I took a deep breath as I put the cellphone back in my purse. I looked at the shopping bag which was next to it. I couldn't help but feel stupid. Hoya had seen me three times and he had already confessed his love for me. It had happened so fast. I had been naive enough to believe him.

 

"Miss, is there something wrong ?" 

 

          A woman's voice brought me back to earth. It was the waitress who had brought my order earlier. She was a middle-aged woman. I assumed she was the owner of the restaurant.

 

"The food is tasty, it's really good." I replied.

"It has to do with love then, am I right ?"

"Well.. yes.."

"Love always brings happiness but it can be painful too. If you want to have a long-lasting relationship, you have to be understanding and patient." she advised.

"Thank you. I'll try my best."

"Don't over think. If your boyfriend loves you, problems will fade away."

 

          She smiled and I nodded. Deep down, I knew she was right. And it made me feel better. I had to trust Hoya. He had told me that he wasn't a two-timer. He wasn't a person who would lie so easily. Hoya was a sensitive man, an honest and caring mate, I just had to wait in order to ask him about his outing with Ga Eun.

 

. . .

 

          I had gone back home in the afternoon. In fact, I had several household chores to do. Once the house was tidy and clean, I sat on the couch in front of the TV with some snacks. I had taken off my dress to wear a long and loose shirt without pants. My quiet afternoon was disturbed by a knock on the front door.

 

"____ !"

 

          I recognized Hoya's voice although the door was still closed. I glanced at my clothes but I was too lazy to go back to the bedroom.

 

"____, are you here ?" he shouted again.

 

          I set my hair free before opening the door.

 

"I am." I greeted him.

"Were you sleeping ?"

"No, I was watching TV."

"You're so beautiful !" he looked at me from head to toes. "You're hot !"

 

          He pulled me in his embrace while speaking.

 

"We should talk about something."

"Have I done anything wrong ?"

"I saw you today.. with Ga Eun."

 

          He kissed my cheek upon hearing my concern. He walked into the house without my permission and settled on the couch. He even stole some of my snacks.

 

"I was with her." he started. "We went to the restaurant together because I had something to tell her. Actually, I want her to know about my feelings for you. But I didn't tell her."

"Why ?"

"One of our coworkers joined us. I didn't want to bring up a private topic in front of him."

"I don't think we should tell her about us." I mumbled.

"Us ? Then, we're in a special relationship." he winked. "You can't take it back."

"I won't."

 

          He leaned closer while tilting his head to the left, yet, I covered his mouth with my hand.

 

"We're talking about Ga Eun here." I reminded him.

"You're not funny."

"Let's keep it a secret, okay ?"

"It's not a good idea ____." he refused. "What will you do when your best friend tries to charm me ?"

"You won't fall for her."

"What if she sticks to me ? If she wants to go out ? If she kisses me ?" he insisted.

"You better not let her do that !"

"It'll be uneasy."

"I don't want to lose Ga Eun because of us."

"She'll understand. I mean, you can't control your feelings anyway."

"Give me some time, please." I pleaded.

"Alright.." he sighed. "Just promise me that we'll tell her when you're ready."

"I promise."

 

          I sat closer to Hoya so as to pull him in a hug. I was so thankful. He was caring and understanding, I liked it. I rested my head on his shoulder with closed eyes. I felt one of his hands move against my back, he was caressing it.

 

"Forget about Ga Eun." he murmured. "I need you to focus on how we can spend our time together."

"You're not even supposed to be here."

"Why ?"

"You said you would wait for me. It was a lie." I bit his earlobe softly. "This is your punishment."

 

          I giggled as I pulled back from his embrace. I was expecting him to laugh or at least smile. Yet, he seemed lost in his thoughts. And when he looked at me, I felt my heart skip a beat as he moistened his upper lip.

 

"You should be careful when you do this." he suggested.

"Did I hurt you ?"

"No. You.. you ."

"I.. I.. what ?" I stuttered.

"Well, you know.. it's a turn on."

"Gosh you're such a ert !"

"Can I use your bathroom ?"

"You're not going to do something weird, right ?" I frowned.

"I just need to wash my face and.. stay away from you for a few seconds."

"Alright.. follow me."

 

          Little did I know, it was a dangerous decision.