Chapter 2

The Yearnings of My Heart

If two things could recount valentines day for me it's chocolate and my bed. It is consdireably pathetic to sulk over 16 years of never experiencing love, but my heart would just sink in jealousy just by looking around outside. This year, I decide to make a change and thought it'd be a great idea to go out.

"Mom I'm going out."

"Are any of your friends coming?'

"Yea, I'll be meeting Chaerin in Starbucks."

"Ok, be careful Soyeon."

I tried making myself look presentable, threw on some casual clothes and a bit of light makeup before heading out the door. Which to my despair, non-shockingly everyone is out with their date. On my way there I saw some people were holding hands, some couples were sweetly sharing food together, and a few distasted me by their innapropriate PDA. I wonder why Chaerin wasn't here yet, regardless I ordered caramel macchiato and took a seat in the corner beside the windows. I was just blatantly staring outside the window until I heard my phone ring.

"Hello chaerin where are you?"

"I'm already outside."

"Ok, I'll come and get you." As I glanced up I saw Jungkook and his friends enter the cafe and quickly enough sat back down and gazed the other way in panic.

"CHAE, ."

"What's wrong?"

"Jungkook's here."

"Well thats great make a move."

"With his friends."

"Oh God, slowly walk out and pretend they're not there."

"Ok. Bye pray for me please."

I stood up and awkwardly looked at my phone pretending to text. Suddenly, I felt a sudden burn in my body as I registered that I had just bump into a person and that I clumsily spilled coffee all over myself.

"I'm really sorry." I apologized to the person and without exchanging any words he just walked away wearing no expression at all. Rude, I thought I apologized he should have at the least responded. As I picked up my things, I heard someone snickering and small giggles from the back of my head and to my horror saw one of Jungkook's friend take a picture and the rest were looking at me and chuckled. The moment I realized what was happening I ran out as quickly as I could still in utter shock. I wouldn't have minded if there wasn't people who recognized me.

"Geez, Soyeon what took you so long."

"Oh my God what happened to you I'm laughing how clumsy can you get."

"Kill me now, everyone saw it was embarassing."

"Let's go and get you changed first you wouldn't want to walk around with a coffee stained shirt."

"You're right."

"Will Froyo make you feel better?"

"Definitely." I smiled trying not to overthink and overcomplicate the situation like I always do. Knowing them they would no doubtly end up in someone's snapchat story, but right now I attempt to not thing about it.