Gummy Bears

Fate in Orange Juice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2.

 

Kim Yiseul and Oh Sehun never met again after their second meeting. But Sehun was all over the media, being a South Korea representative in Milan Fashion Week. He was also being the most anticipated rookie model slash actor who participated. The next weeks, he fly to New York, followed to London, Moscow, and Singapore for a total three months. Global fashion media were all chasing him, and it’s impossible not to notice his existence.

 

The twins were nagging a lot about inviting Uncle Sehun again, they said he looks like those prince in storybooks, and they hope Uncle Sehun visit their home soon. Yiseul handled their nagging with sending both of them to Sehun’s house, just three house across the street, to play. His mother has known the twins from Sehun and letting them play sometimes to the Oh’s residence. Sehun and his younger sister, Seyoo, has a two years old dog, named Vivi. He was a white fur Chihuahua dog. The twins really like him, and so does the dog. At least Vivi can distracted the twins nagged, Yiseul thought.

 

 

“Mommy, Bini-oppa was so meanie, he played with Vivi nonstop and Bini-oppa wasn’t letting me play with him.” Byeoli, her youngest princess, grabbed her legs and cling like a baby monkey.

“No, mommy. Byeoli was helping grandma and auntie bake cakes and a boy shouldn’t join because it was girl things. So Bini played with Vivi instead.”

Twins mother can only smiled listen to her kids complain. Both still arguing over who’s naughty and who’s not, according to each childish opinion. Her princess let go of the mother’s leg and stand straight with her hands on her waist. Her little boy does the same. Their mother, once again, shook her head in disbelief. She let the kids argued while following their mothers step, at least they don’t hurt each other physically, she thought.

 

“Oh, mommy. Look! Gummy bears!” shouted the twins in unison. Their mother stopped pushing the cart and looked at the shelf on her right. Wrong turn, Yiseul. Now you need to buy at least two sacks of gummy bear for them. The kids are now squatting in the front of the shelf, busy choosing which flavor to buy.

 

“Look here, Kim Bini, Kim Byeoli–“ Yiseul said to both of them. The twins stay squatted, but turn their head upwards, facing their mother. “No more gummy bears. Remember what Doctor Hwang said about too much candies?”

“It will rotten our teeth and we might not be able to eat again.” Byeoli answered, pointing at her teeth.

“Good. Byeoli remembered. So, no gummy bears for this week.”

Bini pouted. “But, mommy…”

Yiseul never want to spoil her kids, but she also want to try her best in fulfilling their small wish, the simplest like gummy bears. Everything Yiseul achieved until now is for the kids, she has no one else to impress. They might be not her real kids, but she loves them. So much. So much that she’ll do anything for them. “Unless…” Yiseul added.

 

The twins wiped their cute little pout and put on questioning expression to their mother. They know well, when their mother said ‘unless’, she might probably think about something for them.

“Unless you both stop quarreling about Vivi. Oppa promise Byeoli to share Vivi later and Byeoli promise Oppa to give some pieces of cake later. And you two kiss each other’s cheek. Mommy will think about buying you both gummy bears or not.” their mother paused. “Tell mommy if you both made up.”

 

Yiseul turned back her body, letting her two angels talk.

 

“Byeoli-ya, Oppa is sorry for not sharing Vivi today. Oppa promised will share Vivi from tomorrow until forever. Oppa is very sorry.” Byeoli nodded to her brother.

“Oppa, Byeoli was naughty for angry to Oppa earlier. Byeoli will not do it again forever.” this time, Bini nodded and give his little sister a bear hug. Then Bini kissed her cheek in loud smacking voice. Byeoli does the same.

 

“Mommy…” their babies called her. She was listening to everything her babies said to each other and grinning like a crazy mother. “We both made up, mommy.”

“Really?” she asked back. Looking at them holding their little hands together, they’ve made up for sure. Her little boy nodded in firm.

“Okay. Mommy will buy only one bag of gummy bear. You both will share it, okay?”

“Yeay! Thank you, mommy!” they run to their mother’s leg and hanging there for a couple of second. “Now choose one bag and mommy will be right in the next shelf searching for juice, okay?”

They both nodded vigorously and started to choose which gummy bears to buy while their mother pushed the cart to the next shelf, searching for orange juice.

 

 

 

 

 

“Who are we worked with this time?” she asked her creative team while scribbling something in her notebook.

“Best plan for now is actor model Oh Sehun, whom currently being contacted for joining, better plan will be the same company rising star Park Chanyeol. Last option will be our usual model, Kim Jongin or Byun Baekhyun.”

“Well, long time no hearing that particular name, I guess.” Yiseul whispered to herself but loud enough to make a whole room turned their heads on her. Oh Sehun.

“Yes, Boss?” her coworker asked back.

“Never mind.” Yiseul snapped at her. “Here’s the thing, guys…”

All attention in the room shifted to her. The serious part will start in three, two…

“Creative team!” she pointed the creative leader team. “Four model? What is this? Joke? I want another five model for back up just in case by twelve o’clock this evening and I want Kim Jongin and Byun Baekhyun eliminated. Special project, remember? Make it real special.” Yiseul blabbered, emphasizing in ‘real special’, responded by a scary-yet-determined nod from all creative team.

“Who’s making the template?” she asked this time, eyeing the design team. One of the youngest member rise his hand in anxiety.

“New guy?” Yiseul asked Jikyung, the chief of design team. Jikyung responded with a nod. Yiseul suddenly tied her hair into a messy bun and heave a long sigh. “I need it today by twelve o’clock, sugar. Can you do that for me?”

The new guy nod his head and replied a ‘definitely’ to her, then he wiped his own sweat bead. Yiseul can be scary sometimes, at least once a month, just because her period come. Everyone but the twins will surely get scolded, let’s emphasize in everyone, with mistakes or not. Especially their coworkers.

 

 

 

Lunch time came and everyone works under Kim Yiseul sensed the uneasiness. Their boss is really going to strangle them to regret if they haven’t get an okay from their upcoming artist. Entering their meeting room with one orange juice bottle in hand, she sat in one of the chair and put the bottle at the huge table in front of her.

“So…” Yiseul paused, simply just to rise the tense. “Your report of the day, Kwon.”

“Yes, Capt. One of my kid here has re-contacted the best plan model, Oh Sehun…” Yiseul choked hearing that name again.

Her coworkers eyed her in worry. “Continue, please.”

“Oh Sehun-ssi himself is considering joining the project, but he said he need more persuasive why this project is worth for him to join.”

“Continue…”

“He asked my kid to contact him again after lunch, which should be right now.”

“Tell me, finance planning team, how much our income target in this project?" Yiseul pointed her finger at one person in the room.

“Double the usual profit, Capt. Which we agreed to donate for company reputation.”

“Will we get more if we get this Oh Sehun model?”

“Looking at his current reputation, possibly be four times more than we calculate. He’s good in everything, untouched by media rumor, flawless record, and not to forget royal fan club.”

Yiseul sighed. Oh, yeah, he’s good in everything. I bet. Is that included kissing? Because yeah, he’s a damn good kisser. She thought by herself.

“One more problem, boss.”

Oh, great, mood breaker. “Spill.”

“He said he only want to talk with the boss. Not less.”

“Damn.” she cursed. “Any other crucial information I need to know?” Creative team shook their heads, so does the design team, followed by the other teams. “Great. Shoot it. Call him now. I’ll talk to him.”

“Really?”

She nodded in firm. “Don’t make me take that back. Tell your kid to call him now, I’ll talk to him in private. I would beg on my knee if I need to. You’re all dismiss.”

 

 

 

 

 

Three months. Three months Sehun didn’t meet or see the twin mother. Between his occupied body and mind, he wanted to see her so badly. He missed her. He asked himself what is she to him, that he bravely declared her miss her. Tons of female models threw their slim-proportional-untouched body at him, but all his cells think about her. Her smell lingering around, the smell between her breeze cologne and baby oil (as expected, a mother of two). He couldn’t forget the way her lips danced around his bare shoulder, leaving marks. He missed her. He missed her sinful lips that fitted his perfectly. He, Oh Sehun, missed her, and that’s final.

 

The hasn’t come. Both Yiseul and Sehun promised to wait until the time came, and the time shouldn’t be approached first. They believe that it will come when it destined to come.

 

That day onwards was supposed to be Sehun’s day off and his company guaranteed that. But a sudden call from his manager come, that here was a magazine featuring offer under a donation project, which is really into Sehun’s liking. After asking which magazine was it and what concept will it be, Sehun was interested, but he needs more convince. So he told his manager that he’ll be the one who decided and asked the magazine to contact him directly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter