Orange Juice

Fate in Orange Juice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

1.

 

I can hear the blasting music from the DJ playing tonight, checking audio system here and there and testing a new remix he will play later. I can hear the DJ calling for his friend through the microphone, asking where he would go to. After getting a satisfying answer from his friend, he play another remix with Cheerleader by Omi as the main mixing. I sit at the bar with cold water in front of me and an iPad in my hand, killing time with playing some Line Pop.

Office require me to work overtime this whole week, preparing for a special magazine anniversary. In additional, our stakeholders and clients from abroad will also come so the whole office was in chaos. This bar is located right in front of my office, so I pay a visit while having some break time. It was only 8 pm when I arrived here and work will continue in any time possible, could be in five minutes or even two hours, just waiting for a call to return.

 

 

 

Couple of second later, I heard someone sit in the seat on my left side. Then he fold his arms at the bar, “A Heineken for me and a mix scotch for this Line Pop lady, please…”

I can’t help not to look to my left, only finding a young man –I thought in his 20s– is smiling at me, smirking to be precise. His upper was covered by a white graphic tee with ‘kiss me if you can’ on it –oh how I wish I can–, a black leather long pants, and a red checkered flannel shirt hugging his slim waist.

Anyone can see he has a great build, he has a broad shoulder and milky white skin. And a seriously gorgeous face, those kind who getting more and more handsome by age, not by any procedure.

 

 

“Make it orange juice, please.” A smile crept in my lips, a-not-so-genuine one, but still showing politeness.

“Orange juice?” he turned his head and putting on questioning expression asking ‘What kind of an old woman – moreover dressed in see-through white blouse and a culottes pants that reach her middle calf, with a thick red lipstick and minimum make-up sitting sensually yet mesmerizing and elegant at the same time, with a lit up Marlboro cigarette in her right hand – order orange juice instead of a mix scotch, or vodka, or tequila?’.

“I still have to work.” I answered, eyes never left my iPad screen.

He nodded.

 

 

Some seconds later the bartender put a bottle of Heineken in front of him and a glass of orange juice in front of me, “Enjoy the drink, both of you.”

“Thanks.” I replied, this time my eyes left my iPad screen and look ahead.

I can see the man on my left clearly from the huge mirror in front of us. He’s hot. Looking to my right hand, I realized I still has my cigarettes lit up and almost burn completely, leaving it sweet filter only. After throwing the on the nearest ashtray, I take my orange juice and drink it. Minute Maid. Smart.

 

 

“I thought that only VVIP can enter today. Are you one of?” he asked me while sipping his Heineken.

“I am. Close friend of the owner.”

He mutter a small ‘I see’ and have another sip. “Line Pop? I thought most of people play Clash of Clones nowadays.”

I chuckled and respond him, “I’m not most of people perhaps.”

“Indeed.”

 

Choi Joon is the owner of this bar. He used to, ehm, liked me back then in college. He chased me for more than three years until one day he gave up on me because of a shocking truth he heard about me. But even after that, we stay become a best friend. We both run some restaurant business together and sharing profit together. He also gave me a free VVIP pass to his bar, which was my recommendation to open a bar, and the bar is running well until now.

 

 

“At least you didn’t reject my drink.” he said while stripping my appearance he see from the huge mirror in front of us.

His eyes shows interest as in a man show interest in another woman. The right corner of his kissable lips rise a little bit and his thick eyebrows lifted up. Did I say his lips are kissable? I must be crazy.

I drink more from the pitch and it left only half of the pitch.

“Why should I? It’s free anyway.”

“You got the point.”

 

 

There was a moment of awkward silent between us. He played with his Heineken bottle while I keep touching my cigarettes box, thinking should I go for second bar or not. The music was still playing by the DJ, but the music was not as good as the one played before.

My smartphone screen lit up and shows a contact named ‘Mom’ is calling. I get up from my seat and finding a more secluded place before I answer the call.

“Yes, mom? Are the kids sleeping?”

“They are sleeping now.” said the person on the other line.

“How was the amusement park? Are they happy?”

“Beyond happy. ‘Next time we should take mom here, too, Grandma’ is what they said.”

“I’m sorry, mom. I didn’t know this week would be this busy.”

“It’s fine. It’s not like you always this busy. Did you eat already?”

“I did. How’s dad?”

“He’s with the kids now. A little bit tired but he’s happy, he keeps smiling all day.”

“Okay, then. I need to go back to office. See you at weekend then, mom.”

“Take care, daughter.”

“Bye, mom.”

 

 

As I walked back to the bar, he still sat there. I can see his broad shoulder clearly. His black hair looks so fluffy and his thin yet built waist just…kinda . Oh my God what did I said.

“Your lover called?”

“Nice guess. Try again.”

“Work?”

“Hope not.”

“I surrender.”

“My mother did.”

He nodded. “You’re interesting. I like you.”

“Whoa. Watch out there, young man.”

He was taken aback. His face was showed some bitterness. He must be the type that every girls are craving for. And yet some old lady say ‘watch out’ to him when he showed his interest.

“Are you the one I should not flirt?” he asked.

“I’m older than you.”

“I didn’t ask that.”

“It’s only thirty minutes since you sit there.”

“Wrong answer. I’ll repeat the question. Are you the one I should not flirt?”

I smiled before saying what’s already been in my head since before. “Do you want me in bed that much?”

“You can say that.”

I chuckled. Bingo! He never gets reject by any woman.

 

 

My handphone screen lit up again and showed ‘My secretary’ on it. Not bother to move somewhere quite, I answer my phone right where I sat.

“What?”

‘Fashion article and travel article are done so I need you to check again. The model for advertisement will arrived in twenty minutes. And Chief Editor wish to see you, she said something about kids model before.’

“Will be there.”

I end the call and finish my orange juice.

 

 

“Work, this time?”

“Yeah.”

“So I can’t get the answer today, I guess?”

“Next time.”

“Will there be next time?”

“Try to believe in fate.”

“Fate, huh?”

I nodded. “Fate.”

“So, while waiting for that fate, am I allowed to sleep with other girl?”

“What do you expect me to say?”

“Tell me not to.”

“I’m no one to tell you that.”

“We have this I-treat-you-a-pitch-of-orange-juice relationship. Is that really nothing?”

“You’re being too much.”

 

As I finish packing everything and make sure I left nothing, I rise up from my seat. I looked to my left, finding the young man finishing his Heineken in a bitter expression. Should I do the wild?

“Thank you for the orange juice.”

“What time will the fate come, do you think?”

“Could be a month, a year, ten years?”

“That’s too long.”

I chuckled. “Find me, then.”

“How can I?”

“Find me.”

He seems so irritated and rolled his eyes. An old lady playing with a young man’s offer to have ? That’s rude.

“To make sure you will try to find me…”

I lean forward to his face –his gorgeous face that I would pay anything to be in the same bed with this man– getting the right angle, and bring my lips closer to his. He was startled but doesn’t seems to hate it. An inch left between our lips. I can feel his soft-mint breathe and his plump lips really inviting me.

“Find me, Oh Sehun-ssi.”

With those words escaped from my lips, I closer the distance between our lips. My lips landed right in the corner of his lips, enough to .

One.

Two.

Three.

I parted our lips in the third second. I cannot afford any second longer or I will really see him in bed tonight. His lips was satisfying. That kind of lips you never getting tired of kissing. . What did I say?

I left him hanging in the same seat with confused expression as I walked away from the bar, getting back to work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            Three months later.

Working as a rookie entertainer was never been my dream. All I wanted was having a stable income from working in a company, step by step upgrading myself and get a nice position after five years. After I finish my major in Management Business, I applied everywhere I can but no company hired me. I almost give up at that time, thinking to go back home and prepared for entering Police Academy.

Walk way home was never been that hard, what to say to my parents who put a high hopes to his first son, what would the neighbor say, everything was cope up in my mind. I decided to drink some beer before heading home. That’s when a man in his 40s approach me and give me a name card, saying I would be a great model if only I would auditioned at his entertainment company. I accept his name card and put it deep inside my bag, never thinking I would do such thing.

A month and all I do was lazying around at home. The first week of unemployment was fine for my mom, considering it as a short break. The second week was fine, at least I helped her with some chores. Entering the third week, my mom started to compare me with the other kids she knew. The fourth week was the final. She keep nagging that I should find a job, that my sister needs more pocket money and my mom cannot bear her embarrassment because her first son ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter