When I Was Your Man (Part 2 of 2)

The Love I've Hidden in Songs

She’s happy.

The way she smiles brightened up the whole room and the way her eyes shine made everything perfect.

She’s the perfect girl for me. Everybody knew this for a fact.

The years that had gone away, the way she had used to gazed up at me as if I’m the only person in the room.

Only a blind person will not see how she loves me.

 

I remember all the years we’ve spent with each other, the memories we’ve shared and all the happiness we’ve had.

All those years had come to this. She, walking down the aisle with her white gown looking as an angel graced upon us. So majestic and so perfect. She is just so perfect that I can’t look anywhere else.

I can hear the wedding march coming to end as her distance got closer. She’s so close on getting her happiness. This is what we’ve been waiting for, for her to get the happiness she deserved. And now, she did.

She’s happy and that’s okay.

 

Too young, too dumb to realize

That I should've bought you flowers

And held your hand

Should've gave you all my hours

When I had the chance

Take you to every party

'Cause all you wanted to do was dance

 

 

I can’t believe that I’ve hurt an angel like her.  When all she done was to be beside me and love me, I have been partying up and seeing other people because I know that when I come back for her she will still be there.

When she gave up whatever thing she was doing only to rush to me when I needed her, I never gave anything in return.

When all she wants to do was share her happiness of her recent success, I couldn’t be beside her because I’ll be busy with other people.

I took her for granted because I know that she loves me.

 

My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways

Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life

Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made,

And it haunts me every time I close my eyes

 

I thought she will stay but I was wrong. So damn wrong. I took her for granted and she had enough.

She was done with me. And it hurts.

I guess, it is true that you will only realize a person’s worth if they are out of your life.

These realizations haunt me for years and I regretted everything that I’ve done.

Our friends nagged me to do something and get her back but I’m scared and a coward.

I’m so scared that she will not take me back and a coward if she decides to tell me all the things I’ve done to hurt her.

 

Although it hurts

I'll be the first to say that I was wrong

Oh, I know I'm probably much too late

To try and apologize for my mistakes

But I just want you to know

 

I’ve been scared for years that when I gathered all the courage I needed. It was too late.

I was damned too late.

 

I hope he buys you flowers

I hope he holds your hand

Give you all his hours

When he has the chance

Take you to every party

'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance

 

 

“Do you, Lee Donghae, take Park Sandara, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

“I do.”

“Do you, Park Sandara, take Lee Donghae, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

 

She’s happy. It’s enough for me.

The way she smiles brightened up the whole room and the way her eyes shine made everything perfect. If only this smile is for me.

She’s the perfect girl for me. Everybody knew this for a fact. I knew but I looked away.

The years that had gone away, the way she had used to gazed up at me as if I’m the only person in the room. Now It’s gone…

Only a blind person will not see how she loves me. I’ve been blind for too long.

 

Do all the things I should have done

When I was your man

Do all the things I should have done

When I was your man

 

 

“Yes, I do”

 

 

And with that, I walked away leaving my heart with her.

 

 


A/N. You asked for this! Here it is! The song is When I was your man by Bruno Mars. I just think that after all the hurt Dara have been through in the first chapter, she deserves to be happy with some else. 

Hey I'm still an appler, keeping all my faith for daragon to be true! Hengsho!!! 

Thank you for taking time in reading this! Please do comment your feels and suggestions! I'll deeply appreciate it. :) Also, my other story is taking too long to be updated because my files were gone. :( 

Hope to hear from you guys! Thank you so much!