001

Reaper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, are you returning to school?”

Penny didn’t know if she could answer that.She had been bombarded with the same question repeatly for weeks now.8 weeks shes been out.8 weeks shes been boarded up in a cold room away from any since of life other than an old, and decripit nurse.Some came to visit the isolation room only to get turned away.

Penny sighed hanging up the phone and slipping out of the bed.She stuffed her feet into her slippers finding the energy to walk towards the door.She clicked the bright red button on the side and prepared herself for that god awful screeching voice of the assistant.

“Yes Ms.Walker, Is there a problem or emergency?” Her voice sounded 2 octaves above too high.Penny winced.

“When's Lunch?”The assistant sighed.Penny asked the same question everyday to only receive the same answer back.The assistant filled through her book, rolling her eyes, as she did so.Her finger stopped against penny's dietary information.

“Penny walker is scheduled today for a light lunch at 1200 noon.She will be served a organic mushroom soup, sided with a roll un buttered, water-”Penny rolled her eyes taking a deep breathe before pressing the button and interrupting the 22 year old. “

Can I have something different today,like soda?”The woman tsked flipping through the file.

“Penny walker can not under no circumstance have Carbonated drinks, red meat, scavengers such as crab-”Penny didnt even want to hear the rest as she simply walked away from the buzzer. She ate the same thing everyday, always at 12:00 noon.It was currently only 10:30.

She kneeled down under her bed pulling out the small sharp object she had hidden away from sight.She flicked up the latch of the window using the piece of broken glass.The ruff winded slapped her in the face.

She jumped down onto the small patch of snow.She smiled.It was the first time she had ever felt snow within the last 8 weeks. She could feel the bottom of her slippers becoming moist with snow as she ran down the street.She ignored the peoples strange stares as they watched her run down the avenue in her white hospital gown and comfy pajama pants.She felt free.

She halted in her step when she saw students walking.The girls wore their pleated green,yellow, and navy blue plaid skirts and vests with their white collared undershirts and knee high socks.They boys lazy carried their backpacks on their shoulders dressed in navy blue pants and sweaters with white collared undershirts.Oh, how she missed school.Her eyes met her old friend who gave her a puzzled look.Penny’s eyes widened as she quickly turned around.If her friend alerted the school that penny was back, penny would be caught and would probably spend more time in ICU.

“Hey, penny is that you?”Penny winced before turning around with a fake smile decorating her lips.She waved as She watched 4 of her old friends cross the street towards her.

“Y-Yah, it’s me.”She locked eyes with the tall headed boy she hadn’t seen in 2 months.She blushed turned her head towards another.She could feel his stare upon the side of her check.

“So,-”Meghan dragged out.Her hand had grown longer and she had dyed it a nice light brown.She looked young and healthy.Penny looked towards her feet and her straggly legs.

“When were you released?” she asked.Penny could tell she was trying to relieve the tension created by the awkward silence.

“Last night.”

“Oh,Then why are still in your gown.”Meghan looked at her from head to toe.Penny had forgotten she wasn’t dressed properly.

“I had a check-up this morning.”She was surprised by how quickly she lied.Chen stepped forward, scratching the back of his head.

“Um-m, Look I-m sorry about what happened-”He started, but Luhan was to fast.Luhan had used his arm as a barrier between penny and Chen.He gave chen a cold glare.

“Not the time.”He hissed.

“Luhan, I’m fine.”Penny reassured.Luhan unconvinced slowly backed away.

“Well, Since your better you can come back to sch-”Meghan tried to shift the conversation.She looked nervous as she twitched.She looked between the 3 boys as if anything could start a frenzy.

“Your bleeding.”A tall figure was now more close to her.She blushed.Chanyeols eyes had only been trained on pennys hand.Penny looked down to see drops of blood making a pool upon the sidewalk.She rolled up her sleeve to meghans horror.The sharp piece of glass she had used must have cut her wridt and palm pretty bad.

“I didn't even notice.”She gave a small nervous laugh.Chanyeols eyes narrowed grabbing he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter