Past 1

Insolent Heart

Hi...double update..I know I know it's been few hours after my last update. But I was bored I didn't even went to school today . 

So this chapter is dedicated to Exo l Jhope lover ! Thank you fam for ur lovely comments.                      So here we go.

Next day after the school I straightaway went to the hospital. Every step that I take towards the hospital makes my heart weigh heavy. Involuntarily my thoughts just fly away to the memories which was clear as day light. Smile invading my lips.

" Hyuuung! !!!! " I yelled from my room. Eyebrows furrowed frown is formed in my face. I could feel the frustration running through my vains. Holding back the urge to punch every damn things in my room.

​​​​​​"Hyung, did you see my history book??? " I yelled again cause I didn't hear any reply.

" How many times I have told you to keep your things clean and neat... Urgh! !!! I feel like um the nanny and the girl in this goddamn house " frustration clear in his voice . He continue to yell entering to my room.

" AAAHHHH! !!!!!" He let out a loud scream which make me froze in the spot almost giving me a heart attack, thank God I am healthy enough.

" Wtf hyung, don't scream like that" I yelled annoyances laced in my voice. He was red he was angry and frustrated. I could see clearly he won't to punch me in the face. He opened his mouth,

" DON'T SCREAM !!!! You are telling me to not to scream... How can I not scream when I see the room I cleaned 10 min ago is totally messed up like monkeys have danced on them ! "    " And I am not your hyung I am your Oppa call me that " 

He is loud so loud. " Omg hyung, don't shout like a girl it's annoying you know... AAnd I'll make sure not to call you tat word *merong* "  I said sticking my tongue out.

"  There's no use of telling you anything your stupid *ss brain don't understand anything. Anyway um not gonna clean this mess up and better if you have clean your wardrobe as promised . Got it?" He said with a stern face.

​​​​​​"Chill hyung, I'll do it. Now, help me!! " I said while looking under my bed searching for the book.

"  Right ! So tell me where did u put it ?? " seriously is he asking that.. " Hyung, if I can remember that damn fact um not asking for your help! " I exclaimed.

" Hyung, what are you doing.  Hyung um not stupid to put it in the wardrobe and no, DON'T - " too late all the clothes were on the floor " -open it " last part coming out like a whisper.

I looked at the floor and again at the hyung expecting some lovely comments. Next thing I saw is he was holding my book in his right hand. Now his arms are crossed with raised eyebrow he has started to tap the floor impatiently looking at me. I know that look, he no no .I open my mouth but he beats me to that,

" Hyung, I cleaned the wardrobe it's super clean just clean the other stuffs huh?! " he mimicked . "And what was that - " He pretended like thinking for a while  "- ahh , hyung um not stupid to put it in the wardrobe duh! Any excuses mister? ?? "

His look , that look he is still in that posture.   It means ' God please have mercy on me . I know I have done so many sins but no I can't do the kitchen cleaning for 2 months or going shopping with or no please '  I need to do something. 

" uhmm. .. I have -.......... hyung this is embarrassing and rare situation.please  hyung just let it go I don't want to get punishment " I said with the best puppy look I can make eventhough begging slightly hurt my pride but no I can't do those stupid things again.

He looked at me and sighed shoulders relaxing face muscles back in to the place.' Yes , I knew it he can't resist me haha  * evil smile in mind *. 

" Okay," He said rubbing his forehead using his left hand. " but under one condition" He smirk. He smirked it's pure evil. Hope this will be an easy one I mentally chanted to myself.

​​​​​​"Call me Oppa for a week "  He said smirk is still in his lips. " But you are the one who wanted to call me hyung when we was small."     

" it's because you looked like a cute boy and you hadn't atleast bit of girly mind." I rolled my eyes .

"Whateve​​​​​r hyung." I said ignoring cause no, no way in my life um gonna give him that happiness of hearing me calling him Oppa,  um evil right ? I don't care.

" Okay, it starts now. Call me  O P P A " He pronounced every letter. I chuckled his eyes are shining with hope.  For once I felt bad for dissopinting him but this is a fight of my pride. I can't loose and no um not giving him that happiness.

" Okay. ...oop - " I said while walking towards him. He had this smile , I went more closer. " say it "                  " oppp. .... NOO !!"  I yelled while grabbing my history book from his hand and running out of house to school with the book and backpack in my hands . 

" Yaaaah! !!! You little cheater. Come here you brat ! I'll make sure you call me that before we get old !" I can hear him yelling I smirked ' not a chance hyung'  I muttered to myself .

I smiled at the memory entering to the hospital room. Room no. 107. A sigh. I opened the door, the wwhole room is engulfed in silence, beeping sound of the machine is the only sound that I could hear. My heart clenched at the sight. No matter how many times I see him with that mask on with the beeping machine beside him. I can't, I just can't seem to get used to it. Get away with the feeling that it has been almost year . 

I slowly walked near the bed.  Sitting on the chair beside the bed. The flowers has wilt. I renew it with the flowers in my hand. Baby roses his favourite and my moms favourite. I looked at his face. I can't see his full face tho. It's covered with the mask. I took his hand to mine. Gently . His warm hands now turn to little cold. Making my heart clench in more pain.

The affection I had for 8 years. The warmth that kept me strong. The warm touch which let me know everything is gonna be alright. The warmth tat gave me hope.  It's gone , it's gone from a blink of an eye. I never saw it coming . I never was ready for it. Tears gathering in my eyes. The pain building up in my heart. I can't get down now . I promised him I promised. I won't cry. I have to be strong. 

8 years ago

" hyungie,   are they okay?? Mommy and daddy ??? . Uncle park said they have gone on a long trip, very long trip that they can't come back. *sniffle*           Really? Is it true? " 

The young boy looked at the little girl in front him. She's snuffling a little, she was small seems like lost in her little world. He bent down hugging her tears in his eyes trying his best to not to cry. Patting her head lovingly affectionately. The man who stood beside him had a sad smile looking at the duo. Sorrow and pity in his eyes.

" Imie you are a strong girl aren't you ? More stronger than boys ." His voice is wavering and hoarse but trying to keep it steady as possible.                    

" you never cry when you get wounded. You never ask mommy and daddy to come home when they are gone for long time. You know imie,  you always make me smile , makes me happy. You know right?" He can feel her nodding and little hands tightening around him. He hold her tighter to assure her that he is there , he will be there for her. But he needed something in return to be there for her.

"  so Imie, promise me no matter what you will be a good girl and stay with hyung and promise me that you will never cry in front me." He knows he is asking too much, but he has nothing  to do. He want someone to rely on too. He want the little happiness and hope too.  

"Bu...u..t"  " just promise me imi-ah " He was clinging to her. She understood . She nodded in return. " I pinky promise " She smiled widely releasing the hug.

" Thank you,  Now go to your room and wait until I come back. We'll talk later okay." 

Another figure entered the scene, he sadly went away from her with the two figures"

**************************

" i am keeping that promise hyung. I am smiling for you no matter what. But you know hyung , you are the one who break the promises. You said we will go to the arcade but you broke it. See you are not even talking. I even didn't get into trouble in school because you asked me too" I looked at him .

"  He will be okay." I heard someone speaking behind me. I turn to look at the figure it's Dr.Jung . 

"Dr.Jung .." I voiced my thoughts. "How many times do I have to tell you. Call me Oppa I mean no hyung or just the name " He said smiling . I smiled back and slowly get up from the seat placing his hand on the bed softly.

" Okay hyung,  how is his condition now?" 

" it's starting to get better now he is out from dangerous zone we have 50% chance now." It is a good sign" I nodded.

"Look Imyeon,  I know it's hard but trust me. I'll do everything I can do to save him from my power  I want to repay him for saving my life . If he is didn't I won't be here standing before you" I looked at him he had this great fulness and longing look in his eyes though he had a sad smile tug in his lips looking at my brother. I didn't understand what it was. I just let it go.

My phone buzz indicating itwas a message . When I looked at the name 'Stupid Jin who hates that name' flashed in the screen. I sighed. 

I turn to Jung hyung " I have to go back hyung . I forgot I had to do some groceries."      " Ahh, it's okay. See you another time." He smiled 

" thank you for everything hyung. Please look after him and call me if u needed." He nodded .

" Don't worry , he is safe with me'It sounds I don't know anyway I nodded at him assuring I trust him. 

I walk back to hyung and kissed his forehead " I'll be back hyung. You need to be strong and get well soon for me." Then I bid last good bye to jung and came out of hospital.

When I was out of the hospital. I immediately called back that so called Jin hyung . Just one ring he picked up.

" What you want me to do?" I spat there's no need of reading the message or asking about it cause he only text me or call me,if he has some work from me or if he was bored to death or when he wanted to tell me about his new hot chick; why even I listen to those bull really. Good point , because he is my brothers best friend who runs my brothers the mafia called MX which means Monsta X . It's actually our family owned one. As my brother is busy with company stuffs he let him handle this one and some bars bcz he is like his right hand man. Anyway I can't believe I didn't know about it until I am 14 ????? Okay back to the convo.

" Wow straight to the point huh ?! " he said with excited fake surprised tone. Did I say that he is annoying. 

"DDidnt you missed me baby doll?" I rolled my eyes annoyed at the nick name and his teasing voice .

" No,  so now spit it !!" I retort back annoyance clearly shown in my voice. I can hear him chuckle. " you hurt me !!!" He said with the fakest saddes tone that i have ever heard. I rolled my eyes. That Stupid pig head .  I can imagine him making faces right now which gave me urge to punch his face . Don't get me wrong I love him but sometimes he is too much.

" Okay  okay , back to the point. Meet me at the same place ." 

" What ?? Why ?? Can't you just spit it already . So i can finish it off and You know I hate bars "

" No. Meet me at the bar or do you want me to tell your brother - " I mentally cursed.

" fine shut up. No need of that . I'll be there."

​​​​​​"Good girl!!! Then see you baby" with that he hang up without giving me time to react.i can see that smirking face through the phone. He know i hate that nick names.That punch face I'll get it some how 

" Urgh! ! Should I just join another group. No then every thing will be exposed.' Why I even ask his help because that is practically my brothers and they pay well. Why do I need money ? To pay the hospital bills. You can just take it from your company or get it from the gang. I know but I can't. Eventhough I am the second heir to the company that stupid *ick head Mr.Kim named himself as the temporary president took over the company saying um too small to handle a large company like that and refuse to pay the bill cause it cost too much and nm saying it's not good for the company , bull. And kick me out of the house . I know I should have fight. But how all the workers were one his side I have none except Mr. Park , atleast he helped me to get a house and to find a part time job. 

 Jin hyung or jooheon hyung I like to call him Jin it piss him off; didn't knew a thing about this because he was abroad on a mission. After he knew he was about to snap everyone's head in that company. I had to make sure him repeating thousand times that there is no point of killing them as there should be someone to look after it .

So he payed for the bills but they increased the hospital bill. As our mafia has stopped most of illegal stuffs the income has little bit lessen. So I had to beg jooheon hyung to give me a job in that so I  an earn some money and they don't have to loose money for nothing as I do some job in return. He never let me until it was hard for him to listen to my whines . I learned some new tricks a labour some new weapons from him. It wasn't hard as I know how to fight from age of 10 if you are confused. I learn most of them by myself cause hyung never want me to learn or join his this underworld business. It helped a lot tho in school and everywhere cause I can silence one from my one punch. 

I walked back to my house and changed to my black jeans and ash top , on top of that I put the black hoodie which hides my face. I normally don't show my face when I go to that bar. Because it's illegal for my age and I don't like to show my face .

Locking the door I step out of the house walking to the bar to get the new mission.

Hope you enjoyed. Please comment subscribe and vote. If I had mistakes and if you have any ideas feel free to comment then. Till the next chapter bye pawdawans! !