EXTRA

The Gift I Need

Author’s POV

Amber and Krystal’s circle of friends kept on texting and calling the couple, trying to greet the latter since it’s his birthday, but none of them were answered nor received a message as reply.

(Amber’s Circle of Friends…)

“I swear, I’m gonna kill that llama once I met him!” Henry flared. ”My boo is ignoring my calls! I wanna cry now!” Kevin followed up. Bora and Hyuna didn’t fail to give him a disgusting look. “Our zombie buddy is pretty busy with his princess, isn’t he?!” Min frowned. “Let’s pull up a prank later for him as punishment for ignoring us, game?!” Ailee asked sinisterly. Even she won’t let her friend go happily ever after all day.

“Good idea, Ailee! Say guys, what do you got in mind?” Eric grinned widely as he starts thinking of a prank for his friend. “How about putting lots of R-18 magazines in his room? Jia took one of Amber’s spare key for his and Krystal’s house. We can use it to sneak in.” Key shared his idea and it was immediately approved by everyone. “How about we put Minho’s magazines and purposely scatter it all over their house.” Scott suggested.

“Yeah, we should-- wait, what?!” Minho exclaimed. “OK! Let’s get moving, everyone. We have a work to do for our buddy!” Henry shouted and everyone followed him. “B-but why must it be m-my collection of Playboy Magazine?” Minho cried feeling devastated that his collection will be used for the group’s ridiculous prank. ’Goodbye, my babies.’ He thought.

(Krystal’s Circle of Friends…)

“Krystal seems to be having fun with Hyung, isn’t she?” Sulli said while eating her big cup of ice cream. “I bet she does. That maknae of us doesn’t even give any second to reply to our messages and calls.” Luna added as she flips the page of her pocket book. “Let her be. It’s not like she forgot about us anyway.” Victoria said motherly, though she sighed deeply.

A knock from the main door was then heard. “I’ll go and get it.” Luna said and putted down her pocket book. She rushed to the door and was surprised to see who the visitor is. “Hi, there, Luna-shi!”, “Jackie-unnie, what are you doing here?” The short girl exclaimed at the older one. “Nothing, I’m just dropping by to see my baby brother’s friends.” Jackie nonchalantly said before welcoming herself into the trio’s house.

“My brother is busy with Krystal today or should I say that it’s vice versa?”, “I think it’s the second, Unnie.” Sulli answered. “Come on, girls, take those pouts away. How about we go shopping things and prank stuff for those two?” The three blinked their eyes over the oldest girl’s suggestion, but then grinned. “Sure, I’m bored anyway.” Luna happily said. ”Let’s not overdo it though.” Victoria reminded. “Nah, it’s Hyung anyway. Don’t worry.” Sulli evilly said.

And so, the two groups prepared their prank. The couple was finally home and is very happy, but every joy was gone once they opened the main door. A big headless mannequin fall from above the door and the head of the said mannequin was rolling on the ground through their direction. Krystal was already screaming and the darkness of the night and the whole house didn’t help the two.

Amber was already looking pale and his girlfriend was choking him very hard that it looks like he’s about to die. “K-Krys, please let go. I think I’ll finally see the heavenly light if you continue to choke me tightly like that.” He weakly said, and luckily, the girl understood and let go. “What the hell is going on? Why is there some scaring mannequin in the house?” The two were completely confused, but nothing less, they entered their house silently.

Other than the scary prank, the pair didn’t saw any other weird things so they’ve thought that there’s nothing that will show up to ruin the mood. Amber and Krystal decided to go directly into their room. Being the servant he is, Amber opened the door for his girlfriend, but with even just a slight glimpse of their room’s inside, he had immediately closed the door, for he saw something so shocking and will definitely make Krystal mad.

“Am, what is it? Why did you suddenly shut the door?” Krystal curiously asked. “N-nothing, Krys, there’s just a b-bug flying a-around, that’s all.“ Amber replied but the girl was not amused since he’s stuttering too much. “Amber, what’s inside our room?” Krystal sternly asked. The latter was shivering in fear at the girl’s intense glare.

‘I guess it’s the end of me tonight. Thank you, everyone, I had so much fun living, especially this 24th birthday of mine. Goodbye, everyone, I’ll be missing you all.’ He gulped deeply before reopening the door. The room revealed something that Krystal will go into a Demon Mode to. It’s because their room was filled with different magazines that are for men. Playboy, FHM, and other types of magazines full of y chicks.

“Could anyone please explain to me why our room is filled disgusting magazines?” Krystal flared but received no answer. She kept on staring deadly at Amber. She decided to let it go but Amber is going to clean everything up and sleep in the couch for a week. The latter can’t do anything but to agree at his girlfriend.

‘Well, at least I had good memorable moments with my princess. And don’t worry, I‘ve already guessed who are the master mind in this! YOU PRANKSTERS! I’LL GET YOU  ALL TOMORROW!!!’