Banglo

Ask him Out!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It seems that this morphed into a oneshot collection. 

Here's a little something for Junhongs B day

-

 

“No, Junhong.  Don’t ask me to ruin a good day. I won’t do it.”
Yongguk silently, and ever so calmly speaks as he takes a carton of fruit juice out of the refrigerator of Junhongs house.
Today is Junhongs’ birthday and his folks are outside preparing BBQ for the neighbors and his other friends. Yongguk was running an errand for Junhongs’ mom.

Junhong narrows his brows and gently sighs, but doesn’t give up.
Yongguk thinks Junhong doesn’t know when to give up. This side of Junhong fascinates him, and at the same time, scares him.

“Yongguk you promised.” He pleads, reaching out to hold Yongguks arm, but Yongguk dodges all physical contact and flees from the kitchenette.
“That’s Yongguk-seonsaeng to you.” He mutters, and leaves ahead. Junhong decides to stay behind and Yongguk blames himself for not being able to comfort Junhong.

Let alone their gender and six years , they are teacher and student.
Yongguk sighs thinking about everything that works against them and blames himself for not doing enough. He never does. Sometimes he never understood why Junhong loved him.
Who would?

Yongguk smiled as he put down the carton of juice. “Thanks Yongguk-nim.” Junhongs mother smiled back. “I’m very surprised he wanted to invite his teacher to a BBQ night, it must have been an odd request.”

Yongguk continues his awkward grin, knowing that she means to dig in. She wants to know why Junhong is personally involved in a shabby looking man with overgrown hair. Yongguk feels smaller and manages to shake his head and vaguely say, “No, it was alright.” Then he avoids her.

Truth is; Yongguk wishes to thank her. For bringing Junhong to life, and letting him stay by his side, support him, and love him. But he shouldn’t say that. Maybe it’s alright if he just feels grateful by the whole of his heart. Maybe things like this doesn’t have to be said out loud.

Yongguk finds a free space away from the chattering students of Junhongs age and leans against their fence, nearly hidden from all eyes and pulls out a cigarette. He looks up to the sky but it’s so heavily clouded he could barely pin out where the moon was.

The party continues.
Junhong makes his way back to the yard and Yongguk himself cann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter