Hazy

Inexplicably Charming // A Jongyu Oneshot Series

“’ you,” Jinki mumbled bitterly to himself, “ you, Jonghyun.’”

Rating ; pg-13 (smoking, language)

Content ; broken!jongyu

This is rlly short rip I'm sorry ;;;

 

The sky was murky, as if someone had dipped a used paintbrush into already dirty water. There wasn’t any trace of life around- the normally packed beach was silent, taking it’s annual leave during the winter months.

 

Jinki lifted the cigarette to his lips, inhaling and then letting trails of smoke escape. He wearily watched them flit away, noting that they almost seemed like fairies- fairies that’d go off and grant wishes to the unfortunate.

However, if anyone needed the fairies’ help at the moment, it’d be Jinki himself.

Another puff of smoke. He couldn’t believe he’d bought into that bull over the years; the innocent glances, the numerous “I love you”s, the songs, oh god, all the songs. He had a box full of lyrics that he’d given to him, almost overflowing. Maybe if he ever had a chance, he could burn them…

His eyes followed a pair of seagulls, fighting over a stale piece of bread. The smaller seagull nipped at the large one’s legs, and eventually managed to score his prize. He promptly flew off, leaving the larger hungry and alone.

He would almost miss him, almost. He’d miss his small, warm body next his own in the morning, his pretty voice ringing throughout the house, working together on music. Maybe even the dog, too.

Jinki began to cry.

Salty tears fell down his cheeks, and his eyes stung. Small sobs poured out from him. How did things get this bad? How could he have just left him? He had been in love with him, he had to be-

He found someone else, Jinki.

The memory was still fresh in his mind: walking in through the front door, calling out cheerfully and going to start dinner only to find him and another on the couch together. He’d looked flushed and cried out to Jinki, telling him that he “hadn’t been thinking” and that “it was only a one time thing”. Supposedly it was “something that never would happen again”. Jinki wasn’t one to take chances however, and wasn’t looking to start now.

He’d walked up to their room without a word, ignoring his partner’s cries and pleas, and simply sat on their bed. His dog had jerked her head up in question.

After a few minutes, he’d taken a deep breath and put together a small suitcase of things. On his way out he requested for the rest of his items at a later time, and then took off. He hadn’t known where he’d end up- just somewhere far, far away from everything.

The beach had seemed serene enough at the time; a place where could sit, reflect, and smoke. Now, his thoughts seemed too loud and were ruining the subliminal silence.

The large seagull from before was still padding around in the sand, looking lost.

“ you,” Jinki mumbled bitterly to himself, “ you, Jonghyun.

Yet another large cloud of smoke drifted out into the sky above the sea. Jinki squinted as he watched it disappear into the atmosphere.

The seagull called out one last time and flew away.