This Feeling

Inexplicably Charming // A Jongyu Oneshot Series

Roo is... well... Roo.

Rating: PG

Content: morning after, fluff

 

Jonghyun wasn’t one for one night stands. If he ever happened to participate in one, he liked to get in and out as quickly as possible. No strings attached, no hard feelings.

So obviously, it was odd when he caught himself taking his time and staring at last night’s partner.

His name was Jinki, at least that’s what he thought. Both of them had been drunk off of the atmosphere of the packed club; the flashing lights, pounding music, and large groups of people seemingly pushed them into one another. Jonghyun found him cute, Jinki seemed interested- it was mutually assumed that they both would end up together for the night.

The had been pretty nice, he guessed. Unfortunately he couldn’t remember too much, now that he racked his brain- he hadn’t been drunk, but with just how fast paced things had been, it was hard to recall any prominent details. However, with the pain that lanced through his side, he assumed at least one of them had enjoyed themselves.

The man next to him really was beautiful, though. Jonghyun felt a twinge of regret for simply getting involved with him for just one night, when Jinki really seemed like his type. He was sure that he’d been a nice person overall, noting that he hadn’t just got up and left right after they finished.

Yeah; for a one night stand, Jinki was pretty good.

The sunlight escaping in through the windowsill softly caressed the man’s as he slept, and the duvet thrown across him almost looked neat with him under it. He breathed slowly and comfortably, and Jonghyun almost felt the need to snuggle up against him.

He’s only here for one night.

Jonghyun let out a low sigh, and carefully swung his legs out of bed. He’d make some coffee or something for the two of them; he wasn’t that awful of a host. It was only common courtesy really-

Yap!”

A series of small barks erupted from the living room, followed by multiple scratches against the metal bars of a kennel.

The younger man froze, gritting his teeth. He’d completely forgotten to unkennel his dog after he’d returned home from his outing- he and Jinki had immediately started going at it as soon as they stepped through the doorway. Now, as his home echoed with the small animal’s shrill yips, it seemed he would be paying the price.

He quickly padded into the living room, where the ruckus was coming from. The perpetrator had quieted a bit after seeing her owner enter the room, and almost seemed to be looking at him smugly. She sat innocently in her kennel, next to the sofa.

Dammit, Roo!” Jonghyun hissed under his breath as he made his way over, “You could’ve done this any other time-

“Is there something wrong?”

Jonghyun’s face sunk as he turned to find his handsome guest, who was only clad in his boxers. The younger didn’t know if it was possible, but Jinki somehow managed to look even better between the time he’d been watching him in bed and now. His arms were defined and muscular, and his shoulders were broad. If Roo hadn’t caused a big fuss, he probably would’ve watched him sleep as long as he could, as creepy as that sounded.

“N-no, it’s only the dog.” Jonghyun gestured to the puppy as he carefully released her from the kennel, “Say hi to our guest, Roo.”

Roo however, stayed planted on her owner’s side. Jonghyun frowned.

“She’s kinda not really good with guests.” he glanced up at Jink and threw him an awkward smile.

“I see.”

“I’m really sorry that she woke you up,” he rose to his feet, “I completely forgot that she was locked inside and-”

“It was only a mistake,” Jinki chuckled warmly, “To be honest, I probably would’ve woken up soon anyway.”

Jonghyun nodded, heart racing at the other man’s laugh. It was just so cute and twinkly and he wanted to hear more of it, hear even more of Jinki’s voice in general, and he didn’t know why he was thinking like this when it was only a one night stand.

“Thank you for last night,” the older man continued, “It was nice.”

“I-I can make coffee, o-or breakfast if you want anything!” Jonghyun stuttered, turning beet red. He didn’t know what he couldn’t stand more- how awkward he was acting or the fact that he was actually trying to get his partner that was only supposed to be there for one night to stay even longer.

“I should be fine; I have stuff at home.”

“Ah, okay.” the younger sighed in disappointment. While he might’ve felt something towards Jinki, it was clear that Jinki didn’t feel anything else towards him.

The elder raised his eyebrow before glancing down at Jonghyun. “Hey, if you’re sore or anything- I have a really good painkiller that kicks in pretty quickly. I can text you the name of the brand if you give me your number.”

Wait....

“Can’t you just tell me?” Jonghyun smirked.

“Just give me your number.”