Easy

Easy

Jiyong forgets where he's heard that song before, but he keeps it in his playlist nevertheless. It was by McFly, like that kid from that movie about time travelling and doctors and hovering skateboards. Jiyong smiles at the thought of how one song can sum up how he feels when he thinks about Seungri. He wasn't even the one who wrote it. 

It should be a scandal. 

He laughs.

He shakes his head at the absurdity of that thought. No song can convey the depth of how he truly felt. It was a mess of a mixture he never understood, yet can't help but wonder at how they were all positive and beautiful. 

His phone rings from his pocket as he presses the button for the elevator. He picks it up.

"Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!" Seungri calls over the line. "Where are you? I went back to the apartment to change and I might have forgotten where I placed my car keys-"

Jiyong sighed loudly into the receiver. "Does that mean you drove by yourself, maknae-ah?" He pinched his nose. The elevator doors slid open and he stepped in, pressing for the floor of the parking lot.

"I just went to meet with my sister, Yongie. I know neither you nor sajangnim likes me driving anymore even though, I might add, it's been years. Hanna even teased me about it a while ago so I don't need you telling me off about it either. Where are my god damn keys?!"

Seungri has always been like this, talking a mile a minute with no signs of stopping if let be. Shut up, Maknae is probably one of the most used phrases of the group over the years, which is saying something considering it's not one much known by the fans. Even Daesung has said it a couple of times, and it's always funniest when he does. 

"Seungri," Jiyong says, effectively pausing the other. "Have you actually tried your pockets?" The older reaches for his own, taking steady steps to his car. There was no rush, Seungri will always be where he needed him to be. 

"Of course, I have," Seungri says, affronted. "That was the first place I...huh."

Jiyong barely contained his laugh. "I'm sure. Listen, Ri, I just got out of YG. I'll just pick you up, instead. What do you say?"

"I have to fly tomorrow to Japan, Ji-"

"Then I'll take you home. I'll even take you to the airport."

"You don't ha-"

"I want to."

"Yah! You keep cutting me off, it's getting really anno-"

"Then stop saying useless things, seriously."

Dealing with Seungri was frustating. He had quirks and habits that were just downright infuriating and unbelievable that it made his blood boil. TOP may have been a five-year-old stuck in an almost thirty-year-old body, but Little Seunghyun was the one who brought Big Seunghyun to life the most. 

Jiyong pulls his car onto the Seoul night streets. He has two hours to midnight, two hours until the date changes. He still doesn't hurry. Seungri will always be where he needed him to be. 

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes," he says as he hears Seungri pouting over the line, "if traffic would let me."

"Ah," the Maknae drags, "take care, oppa. I'll be waiting."

Jiyong disconnects the call then connects his phone to the speakers of his car because the song is only there on his phone, and he hasn't thought of adding it to a playlist anywhere else. 

The sound of a ukelele flows from the speakers and he makes his way home. 

Love Is Easy, the song is called.

The realist side of him supposes that, no, love isn't supposed to be easy. Love is messy and complicated and painful and obssessive and blue. He's sung enough of those songs and wrote about them too much that its the truth. God knows Youngbae has enough about it, too.

But the truth is, love is also easy.

Because love is Seungri.

And Seungri has always been easy.

Seungri, back when he was still just Lee Seunghyun, the dancing boy from Gwangju, had always idolized him, looked up to him, loved him. Lee Seunghyun would listen to his every word, watch his every move, follow his every order. The kid was easy like that. Seungri doesn't do that as much anymore - mostly in the moments when he'd be too tired to regulate himself and just let his body naturally react to Jiyong in the most endearing manner - but Jiyong doesn't miss it. Seungri's love for him then felt wrong, lika a fanboy, like too much of someone he couldn't reach.

Like Seungri was someone Jiyong couldn't reach.

Over time, though, Jiyong let Seungri close. It wasn't like Jiyong opened the door for Seungri. It was more like Seungri opened a window quietly and let himself in. Jiyong said so once, a long time ago, and now they'll forever remember it in a song. 

It was natural, falling in love with Seungri. After the initial contempt from the disappointment of joining a group, the hugs, the teasing, the bullying, and the playful kisses felt like a natural step to their ever-growing relationship. Those never really stopped, but they also never really stopped becoming more meaningful. 

Seungri was one of the easiest people to love, and Jiyong had not been able to stop himself. He didn't actually try, nor did he actually want to. It just felt so wonderful in Seungri's arms, more so now that they're both chubbier, that he never wanted to leave. 

At least not again.

The years in between then and now, the years of their having to tone it down because the press was too loud, the scandals too high, the months when he felt like his heart was going to stop because of all the accusations and all the sin people were choking him with, the days when he actually wanted it to - they were rough.

But Seungri was there, being easy, making everything else easier by wrapping his arms around him or soothing his heart healthy when no one else can. 

Jiyong just fell, fell, fell, but with Seungri he felt like he was floating. 

Yet when it was Seungri who got himself into a scandal, during one of their weak moments, when they were apart (because they will never be weak when they are together), and all Jiyong did was text him he was disappointed, Jiyong never felt more disappointed in himself either. 

It still burns in his conscience sometimes, but all Seungri has ever held against him was his body. 

And Seungri stayed, despite everything, because Jiyong was brave enough to ask him to, because Seungri was easy like that.

Like how Seungri's hand automatically wraps around his when he asks for it.

Like how his lips smile widely for him when he looks for it.

Like how his eyes meet his when he yearns for it.

Like how his voice gentles deliberately for him when he breathes for it.

Because Seungri is easy like that.

Like when the first time Jiyong told Seungri he loves him, it was over the phone, the words coming out naturally when they were saying their goodnights, and Seungri just as naturally said it back.

Like when the first time they made love, Ji made love to Ri, it was on Jiyong's bed, on a random day, after a random dinner, when both of them just expected to sleep next to each other like they always did, not with each other, but it just happened and Seungri just happily kissed Jiyong in the morning.

Because Seungri is easy like that.

It makes Jiyong sigh.

It also takes Jiyong less than fifteen minutes to reach their apartment, and instead of calling his lover to come down, he goes up. He rubs his thumb over the velvet box in his coat pocket before ringing for the door. It opens.

"Annyeong, Ri-ah," Jiyong says, a little breathless because someone beautiful is standing right in front of him.

"Annyeong, Jiyong-ah," Seungri says, never too fondly in Jiyong's honest opinion. 

"You ready to go?" 

Seungri kisses him on the lips, there in the corridor, where anyone can see, and nods his head. "You're paying for my dinner, of course I'm ready."

"Yah, you're something else, aren't you?" Jiyong laughs as he pulls Seungri to the elevator.

Seungri follows along and lets the door lock automatically behind him. "Little did you know, GD, I'm the real one of a kind."

Jiyong says nothing else and just holds Seungri close on the way down. 

His hand is on the velvet box again and he thinks how he's not nervous, how natural this feels, how easy. He's confident, 'cause even if Seungri says no, then he'll just ask again next year or the year after that. He knows it'll happen eventually, when Seungri is ready.

He's not worried. Seungri will always be where he needs him to be.