A chance to shine

Love or Sympathy

Song ji hyo went to the supermarket to buy some groceries that morning. She wore a cap and a mask so that people won't recognise her. She put some vegetables and chicken into the cart and went straight to the cashier. '4500 won, miss'. The old woman asked for the cash. She pulled out her wallet and found 3000 won only. 'Err..how much is the carrot?'. She asked. '1300 won'. That woman replied simply. Ji hyo took out the carrot and a tomato out from her cart and asked the woman for the price once more. '2900 won'. Ji hyo handed the money and waited for her balance before quickly lef the market and went home.

It was already been two years since Soo hyun and Ji hyo got married but a few things has changed. Their lives were entirely depended on Kim soo hyun's salary since Song ji hyo does not have a steady job to help her husband and the contract with Diamond Entertainment also ended a year ago. 

'I'm home'. Ji hyo heard Soo hyun's voice and he went straight to the kitchen where Ji hyo was cooking. 

'Are you hungry? I'm making your favorite chicken soup. It's delicious to be eaten in winter, isnt it'.

'Thank you, Ji hyo. I'm not hungry..i'm starving. I didnt eat anything since breakfast'. He rubbed his tummy.

She prepared the food on the table and soo hyun began to dig in. 'So hyun, i've got a call from Cho hyo jin, Family Outing Producer he wanted me to be the guest for the next episode'.

'Wow, that's great.That's a good news for you. '. He smiled. 'I know, but the filming will take place at Pohang, will you be okay?'. She concerned about him. 'Dont worry about me, I can survive a few days without you. I know you really missed to be on tv again, isnt it? I will always support you '. Ji hyo felt put her hand on his and said 'thanks, Soo hyun'.

*filming day*

'Thank you everybody for your hardwork'. Ji hyo bowed to the cast of Family outing. 'Yah.. Song ji hyo you should come here often. You really know how to play games!!. Yoo jae suk praised her. 'You were the one who took care of me, Jae suk oppa. You helped me a lot through the filming'. Ji hyo thanked the National MC. After finished the filming, Ji hyo went straight to Seoul to meet her husband. Arrived at home, Soo hyun were already asleep at his room so Ji hyo didnt want to wake him up and went straight to her room to get some rest after the long day. 

 

 

 

*2010*

Soo hyun woke up that morning and realized he didnt have to go to work since that was his off day so he went to Ji hyo's room to wake her up. He quitely used his hand to find her body on the bed but she wasnt there. Ji hyo saw him and sneakily hid behind him before she put her hand around his waist. She was backhugging him. Soo hyun's heartbeat so fast and hoped the time could stop at that time. 

'Are you looking for me?

'No, i dont need to find you cuz I know you will always be by my side'. He turned around and put her head on his chest.

'Such a sweet talker you are. Yah...go take a shower now..you smells horrible i might die! She pinched her nose.

'Then we'll die together okay?..I want to take a shower with you can I??'. He teased and she gave him a smack on his head.

'Yah..I didnt saw that coming'. He chuckled. 'Ji hyo, today you dont have to cook, i want to treat you delicious meal'. 

'Why? You dont like my cooking anymore?'. She sulked.

'It's not that I dont like it but I want to taste other women's cooking style'. There were silent then he added, 'I'm just kidding you fool. Of course i love your cooking'. 

'I almost took a knife and stab you just now'. She replied and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

Since Ji hyo could not go to the public places with bare face so as usual she put on a mask and a cap. They went to a beautiful restaurant and there were not so many people there. 

'Yah, this restaurant is expensive..i think we should go to other restaurant'? She whispered in his ears. 'Dont worry about it, i got some money, okay? So let's just enjoy ourselves tonight'. 

While they were eating and laughing together, Ji hyo got a phone call. 'Ugh? Cho hyo jin pd is calling me'. She told him. 'Answer it, maybe he got an offer for you'. He encouraged her. She felt guilty to answer a phone call in a middle of a date. 

She thought it wouldnt be appropriate for her to answer the call inside the restaurant, so she went outside.

'Hello, Cho hyo jin pd?'

'Ji hyo! Thank god you answered my call. Are you busy? Did i disturb you?'.

'No,not at all. What is it you want to tell me?'.

'I want to ask if you want to be the guest for my new veriety show, Running man for this week?'

'Oh! Running man! I watched it yesterday. Yeah i would like to be the guest'.

'Thank you, ji hyo! I will text you the details of the place'.

She came inside the restaurant with smile on her face.

'So, want to tell me the reason behind that smile?' She frowned. 'How did you know i was smiling?'.

'My heart can feel it. You cant keep anything from me. I have sixth sense'. 

'Guess what? Hyo jin pd asked me to be the guest on your favorite show, Running man'. This time, it was soo hyun's turn to smile.

'Really? Wow that's great! You should do this. I'm so excited'. 

'Yeah, i know! Thank you for your support, soo hyun'.

'Of course i always support you. I'm your biggest fan'.

The dinner went smoothly as the couple laughed and spent precious time together.

 *The filming day*

'Wow!! It's Song ji hyo!!!'. The mc of the show, Yoo jae suk approached her.

'She's getting more beautiful!'. Kim jong kook added.

'Song ji hyo and i are quite close, you know'. Jae suk tried to cheer the team up.

'Dont lie to us, hyung..this is the second time you meet her,right?' Kwang soo protested.

'Ji hyo, are you nervous? Dont worry we will take care of you'. Kang gary, the rapper told her.. 

'Yah! Kang gary..do you like Ji hyo?' Suk jin teased.

'We're getting know each other, hyung. Ji hyo, you can count on me.  Gary explained while Ji hyo laughed and claped her hands. 

They had so much fun filming for the game show even Ji hyo didnt realize that it almost 16 hours since they started filming'. 

'Wow, ji hyo is really suit in Running man. She's really good in finding things and when she was in Family outing, she knows how to play games'. Yoo jae suk praised her.

'I'm not that good, oppa..it's just a coincidence and Gary oppa helped me a lot'. She was blushing cuz of that compliment.

'Yah..I saw you with Gary just now..is there anything happenned between you two?. Jae suk suspicious with their relationship.

Ji hyo only laughed and went separate ways to complete their missions. 

The filming ended at 3. A.M in the morning and with exhausted body and mind, ji hyo went home.

'Such a fun day today'. She smiled to herself.