Backfired Plans

Stranger Affections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Coward
(noun. cow·ard \ˈkau̇(-ə)rd\)

: someone who is too afraid to do what is right or expected : someone who is not at all brave or courageous

 


If there was one term to describe Cho Kyuhyun, the perfect one to use would be 'coward'. Of course, one couldn't deny that he was handsome, intelligent, a good singer, a decent dancer, and sometimes a kind soul, but he was and would always be a coward. And sometimes Kyuhyun would wish he wasn't born like this--wished he was braver and hopefully more confident than what he was now.


Then again, he supposed he wasn't that weak and pitiful towards everything. After all, he was only a coward when it came to one thing: Kim Ryeowook.


Kyuhyun hated it, the way his legs would become jelly-like and his throat would become parched whenever Ryeowook was near him. He couldn't explain it really, the way his heart would beat loudly in his chest. Alll he knew was that it was because he had undoubtedly fallen in the harsh clutches of the dangerous phenomenon known as love.


Was he utterly and irrevocably in love?


Kyuhyun then groaned as he buried his red face on his hands; his heart doing weird flips while Ryeowook flirted with him on the stage.


Yes.
 

 


Regret
(verb. re·gret \ri-ˈgret\)

: to feel sad or sorry about (something that you did or did not do) : to have regrets about (something)

 


Kyuhyun just watched silently as Ryeowook stormed out of the dressing room, his mind replaying again and again the image of the glassy eyes and the angry (and hopelessness--he swore he saw it too) expression the eternal maknae wore before escaping.


If there was one thing Kyuhyun hated the most seeing, it would be when he could clearly see the hurt Ryeowook was feeling being shown on his face. Sometimes, Kyuhyun wanted to hit whoever made Ryeowook sad, but he knew that this time he was the reason behind the other's apparent dismay.


And Kyuhyun was regretting it.


Kyuhyun, despite being an idol, never once had considered all the flirting he had exchanged with Ryeowook to be just mere fanservice. In fact, every one of their hugs and kisses, every time they held hands so tightly, every 'I love you' they exchanged--he meant all of them. How could he not, when only through skinship he was able to relay all his feelings towards Ryeowook?


Why did he then proclaim that all the skinship he had done with Ryeowook a while ago was just for fanservice?

 

Again.


Kyuhyun was regretting it. Because of his words, which probably sounded insensitive and mean, Ryeowook was hurting--he probably even stormed out of the room because of too much pain.


Why couldn't Kyuhyun just control his mouth?

 

 

Revenge

(verb.  re·venge \ri-ˈvenj\)

:  to avenge (as oneself) usually by retaliating in kind or degree
:  to inflict injury in return for

 


Kyuhyun gritted his teeth in frustration; his fists clenched tightly at his sides. All he could see was red but yet he tried to control his emotions and instead decided to just sit still.


This shouldn't be happening.


Light chuckles and flirty giggles filled his ears from a distance; the sounds serving as a laugh of mockery, at least in Kyuhyun's opinion. It grated his ears so much, but the sight that came along with the sounds had been more horrible than anything he had ever seen.


And he hated it.


Ryeowook was smiling wide whilst thin fingers were being ran through his hair by the coordi-noonas. The women surrounding him were laughing too as they touched (caressed!--Kyuhyun was sure of it) Ryeowook's face to apply some make-up. They were chatting with each other about some funny things and Kyuhyun scoffed in jealousy.


Why couldn't the coordi-noonas just finish preparing Ryeowook and be gone from his sight? This was unprofessional, Kyuhyun thought, and the time before they perform on the stage was running out--the coordi-noonas should just hurry the hell up and leave Ryeowook alone.


However, it seemed like the eternal maknae was even happy and content enough to keep chatting with the stylists. He was smiling (too much!) and as much Kyuhyun liked seeing Ryeowook smile, he liked it more when that smile was directed at him and not to some flirty women. It even seemed like Ryeowook was flirting back, judging by the way he was touching some of the noonas' hands!


Kyuhyun frowned deeply; why was Ryeowook doing this to him? Couldn't he see that Kyuhyun was already burning up with jealousy?


Perhaps, Kyuhyun thought as he loudly scoffed at Ryeowook's laugh, it was because the older man was getting his revenge. Maybe Ryeowook was flirting so openly with others because he wanted to make Kyuhyun feel pain too when he said that the skinship they were doing was just for fanservice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter