Love Me

Love Me

This was the third time this week. Sehun stood next to locker 1294 with a lunch container held tightly in his hands. He glanced back and forth between his watch and down the hallway. Sehun let out a sigh and relaxed his posture; he didn’t want to look too tense when he came by.

8:24 A.M.

He probably slept in again.

“Hey Sehun!”

Sehun’s slight pout quickly changed into a small smile once he spotted the raven haired boy. The boy jogged towards Sehun with his uniform barely buttoned properly and his hair still damp.

“You were either studying or watching anime, right, Kyungsoo?” Sehun watched intently as Kyungsoo could only flash him a small smile as he entered his locker combination. 

“For your information, I was studying,” Kyungsoo began. “But after five minutes, I started up episode nine of my anime. I guess my calculus test is really going to later.” 

Sehun laughed whilst watching Kyungsoo tidy up his locker. Even if this was the third time telling him, Sehun’s throat tightened and he still felt butterflies in his stomach. He looked down at the container and then back at Kyungsoo who was dozing off inside his locker.

“U-Uh,” He startled him a bit. “My mother packed too much again, do you want to eat with me?” Sehun almost didn’t want to look directly into his eyes, but the gentleness he always showed kept his gaze glued towards Kyungsoo’s own. 

“If your mother made it, then there’s no way I can refuse!” Kyungsoo smiled with his heart shaped lips; it was always contagious since the day they met in their sophomore year. 

A year passed and Sehun slowly began to learn more about Kyungsoo; the kinds of food he liked, his hobbies, the college he wants to apply to, and even small details about his family. There was no question that Sehun had feelings for the boy who was adorably shorter than him, but of course, he did his best to not make it obvious. They were still young and they were both ambitious about their goals. But Sehun promised himself to remain by his side to see what will happen in the future.

“Oh, Sehun, I don’t have any activities after school. Could-” Kyungsoo hesitated at first. “Could I go with you to your dance practice?”

Sehun wanted to take a step back and breathe out a no. But he took one glance at the light pink tint he had on his cheeks and saw a nervous spark in his eyes. He bit down on his tongue and nodded his head with the best smile he could give him. 

Kyungsoo’s eyes instantly lit up with excitement. “Thank you! I guess I’ll see you at lunch and after school.” 

Before taking off, Kyungsoo placed a hand on top of Sehun’s own to rub his thumb. The first bell rang and Kyungsoo removed his hand to close his locker. “Thank you again, Sehun.”

He watched Kyungsoo waddle down the hallway, but his own feet wouldn’t budge. Sehun was already expecting that question, but he didn’t like the way it sounded in real life. 

For the past three months, Kyungsoo had been accompanying Sehun to his dance practices every chance he got. He would sit on the sidelines munching on a small snack watching the dancers glide across the empty basketball court. His large eyes were specifically glued on one specific dancer with beautiful sun kissed skin and chestnut brown hair. He was also one of Sehun’s close friends, Kim Jongin. Sehun had been trying to convince Kyungsoo to start a conversation with Jongin, but Kyungsoo refused every time.

In all honesty, Sehun didn’t want to bring Kyungsoo around Jongin. It wasn’t because Jongin was a bad person, but because Jongin was probably one of the most down to earth guys he had ever met. Sehun knew that if Jongin was able to see everything he could see about Kyungsoo, it was over for him.

It was selfish to want to keep Kyungsoo all to himself, that’s why he forced himself to encourage Kyungsoo to have a conversation with Jongin. Kyungsoo wasn’t selfish, so it was only fair. 

 

 

----------

 

 

“You need to stop staring at him like that Kyungsoo. You’re practically undressing him with your eyes.” Sehun panted before taking a large sip of water. 

Kyungsoo scoffed and shoved the towel he was holding into Sehun’s chest. “I wasn’t staring, Sehun. I was...frequently glancing.” 

Sehun laughed and looked towards Jongin’s direction. He was patting his forehead with a towel before looking towards their direction as well. This caught Kyungsoo off guard, so to hide his growing blush he leaned towards Sehun to rest his cheek against Sehun’s shoulder.

“H-Hey, he might think we’re dating if you lean on me like this.” Sehun tried to keep his composure at the sudden action, but Kyungsoo quickly shushed him. The two stayed like that for a short while that felt like hours to Sehun. A sudden rush of excitement and nervousness jolted through Sehun’s body and he wished this moment could last a little while longer. 

“Is he still looking?” Kyungsoo whispered.

Sehun let out the breath he was holding and whispered a quick no.

“Oh my goodness!” Kyungsoo sighed as he extracted himself away from Sehun. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

Sehun stared at Kyungsoo, who was trying to calm himself down by fanning himself with his hands. He sometimes wished that Kyungsoo had the same reaction when he’d look in his direction instead of Jongin’s. He also sometimes blamed himself for not wanting to spark a flame with Kyungsoo, but what could he do when Kyungsoo already had eyes for someone else.

“Kyungsoo, you seriously need to talk to him instead of gawking at him from afar. Jongin is a really great guy, he won’t bite--unless you’re into that then--” Sehun was cut off by Kyungsoo’s small hands reaching up to his face and squishing his cheeks together. 

“You should talk to him, Sehun. From what I seen, you two have great chemistry with each other.” Kyungsoo said releasing Sehun’s face.

The words he spoke made Sehun laugh a little. 

If only you knew.

“For your information, Kyungsoo, Jongin and I are just friends. Plus, I’m too busy trying to make someone else notice me.” His voice grew quieter towards the end because Kyungsoo kept staring at him with his round eyes and it made Sehun nervous. 

“You’re always so secretive about the guy you like. Can’t you just tell me his first initial?”

Sehun looked back at the other dancers who were ready to practice one more time. “No.” He said sternly. “But if you’re not talking with Jongin by the time everyone is packing up to leave, I think I might fight you.”

 

 

----------

 

 

Sehun ran off somewhere to refill his water bottle before leaving the court. Before taking off, he warned Kyungsoo one more time about what will happen if he didn’t try talking to Jongin. For a moment, he wondered if pushing him right into Jongin’s arms was a good idea.

He had many opportunities to confess and make Kyungsoo notice his feelings, but Kyungsoo was so focused on school and working hard to become a chef in the future and Sehun didn’t want to distract him from that.

Jongin was the first boy to have Kyungsoo’s undivided attention besides school and that’s when Sehun knew.

He just knew.

Sehun was mentally beating himself up while walking back to the court. Now was not the time to be thinking these kinds of things. Kyungsoo was going to finally start a conversation with the boy he likes and Sehun needed to be happy for him.

Right on cue, Sehun stood in the entrance, watching Jongin hand Kyungsoo’s phone back to him. His water bottle almost slipped out of his hand, but he caught a glimpse of Kyungsoo’s radiant smile and remained firm. 

It was bound to happen. Especially because Sehun was constantly encouraging Kyungsoo to make a move.

Hm, so it starts here.

Sehun had the pen in his hand, writing his own fate. But did it have to hurt as much as it did?

 

 

A/N: HELLO! Man...college and family stuff has really taken a toll on me...I've been so tired lately and I've been lacking a muse. Well, except for this story. My brother was recently looking up piano pieces to learn on youtube and he was talking about how he wanted to try to learn Yiruma's "Love Me." And when I took a listen myself, I fell in love. Also, I had recently grew a large soft spot for SeSoo. I mean, I love kaisoo to death, but sehun and kyungsoo has been killing the game and i'm in love with them as well.

I've thought about writing a lot of times, but it's hard to stay motivated. I'll see what I can do, but thank you all so much for not leaving me. I love you guise ^--^ btw, I hope you guise liked the story.