Chapter Four.

My Jolly Sailer Bold Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Anna?" She shook her head wildly and started to think or so it would seem. "I think..  I think it were a-around 20 minutes.." Hearing her voice betrayed her and I could clealry hear the worry and shock and some curiousity in it. "Is that amount .. normal?" Slowly Anna started to shake her head. Now what the hell happened to me anyway..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anna told me she needed to see the headmaster and advised me to stay in the water for as long as possible. I had my doubts, but I trusted Anna, so I listened to her and stayed in. I think two hours have passed now and she still isn't back. I wonder what is taking so long. A sudden sound of footsteps came from the staircase. I flicked my head over to the door and waited for Anna's face to show up. But it wasn't Anna who came through the door. It was actually a.. boy. I remember Anna saying there were merman, but I didn't think I would see them so quickly. Once he noticed me, his head snapped up and his eyes got wide of shock. Was it because I am new? "Uhm.. Hi." My voice was calmer than before, but I still didn't feel at place. Or feel one with my tail. How did one get used to growing a tail again? Right, I don't know. I looked at the boy, he stood still, like he froze on the spot, mouth hanging open and eyes still wide. What was wrong with him..? "Hello?" He shook his head wildly and closed his mouth while taking a step back. "Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you or stare at you like that..." I smile, he looked cute. His blonde hair just crossing his eyebrows. "That's okay, I would stare to if I wasn't so shocked by this.." I point to my tail and try to whip it up, but failed greatly. Closing my eyes, I sighed heavy. Still dissappointed I couldn't really move my tail. Damn, a tail. I really can't get used to it. And it already has been over two hours! "The new girl, right?" I nodded my head and looked down into the water. "Unfortunately..." He looked surprised to hear me say this and stepped closer to the edge of the hall. "Why would you say that? Being a mermaid is the most wonderfull thing you could ever get! Even for merman!" His voice was filled with joy and happiness, clearly enjoying his life as a merman. I sighed again, deciding if I should tell him or not. But what do I have to lose, right? "It's complicated. I don't even know what happened to myself. And Anna kind of abandonded me in here..." His mouth opened a little, like he knew what I meant about Anna. "How was your first change?" I looked up in to his eyes, searching for a joke or some sort, but all I could see was a serious face, truly caring for how I felt about it. "Well.. I ate the three leafs, as I was told. But, I don't know.. Seeing Anna's face, my change was different from hers." He nodded. "Everyones change is different. Anna above all should know that." I nodded, but also shook my head, not knowing what to say. "And then?" He asked me, wanting to know the rest. "I uh.. I broke into a lot of pain, my bones cracking and breaking like they were forming or melting one bone.. I felt like I wanted to die..." A sad expression flashes over my face, to tired to hide my feelings about my change. Looking up again, I see the boy is mimicing my sad expression. "I know it can hurt a first time, or even the second time. But that will pass. If you practise in changing, it will get better and it won't hurt anymore." He kindly smiled to me. I automaticly smiled back at him. "What is your name, if I may ask?" My voice was unsure, due to the conversation we were having. "Ah, yes. Sorry. TJ is the name. And yours?" TJ, it was a sort of cool name I guess. It did sooth him very well. "I'm Emily, Emily Hawke." He laughed soflty. "That is a cute name. Well then, Miss Hawke. Do you want to practise your transformation with me?" My eyes widened at his question. Wasn't a change private for a person, because they got ? "I .. I thought that.. Changing, uhm.." He laughed because of my stuttering.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter