Chapter 1

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Yuuji walks down the corridor towards the art studio, where the Baroness and Countess are at. The art prodigy is painting again in the room and refuses to go out. Being the good friends they are, Yuuji and Mina decides to accompany her in there until she’s done AKA annoy her while she does art. On the way there, she passes the council’s room and someone calls out to her.

          “Oh! Marchioness-sshi! Do you have a second?” the student council vice-president, Irene Bae, calls out.

          “Ahhhhh! Joohyun-unnie, you know I don’t like being called like that,” Yuuji pouts and Irene laughs. Irene Bae Joohyun is a 3rd year aristocrat, the next top ten people just below the Royals. She is also Yuuji’s neighbor and acts like a mother towards her, Chaeyoung and Mina.

          “Anyway, are you going to join the festival committee? Chaeyoungie already joined you know,”

          “Yeah, she just told me yesterday,”

          “So, are you going to join?”

          “I am; I’m not going to let it become a disaster again this year!”

          “Haha, good girl,” Irene pats her head. “But yeah, last year was a décor nightmare,” she shudders remembering last year’s designs. Too bad no one artistically gifted was in the committee last time.

          “I know right! Oh, I have to go now, see you later, unnie!” Yuuji walks away, remembering the ones waiting for her.

          “Sure, see you later!” she waves good bye. “Oh, Yuuji!”

          “What?” Yuuji turns around and sees Irene walking towards her.

          “Be sure to be home at 7! I’m cooking for you tonight. Bring Mina and Chaeyoung with you if you want.”

          “Will Seulgi-unnie be there too?”

          “Nope, she has a project to finish.” Irene kisses Yuuji’s forehead and turns her around. “Now, off you go then.” She says, just like a mother.

          With that Yuuji resumes her journey to the art studio again. Unknown to her, a pair of cold eyes were watching her every move. The owners of those eyes grips their pencil tightly at the sight of Yuuji and Irene. With enough force to break it into two. Realizing what they did, they try to calm down. Breath…. Just relax. Their only good friends, nothing to be worried about… relax… they breath out.

          “Hey, are you okay?”

          “…I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, just go back to work.”

          “Yes, of course.”

 

 

          “Yuuji’s late. Wonder what’s taking her a long time?” a certain Countess mindlessly asks a focused baroness while reading her book.

          “….” Chaeyoung is too immersed in her painting to pay any attention to Mina.

          “Ya, Chae!” she calls out to the girl. Still no response from the girl. Getting annoyed, Mina walks behind her and hits Chaeyoung’s head with the back of her book.

          “Ya! What the hell man?!” she furiously asks. How dare anyone disturb her while painting? Rude.

          “I was talking to you, midget.”

          “a**hole,”

          “Thanks,”

          “So, what do you want?”

          “I asked if you know what’s taking Yuuji so long,”

          “How the hell should I know?” The Baroness furrows her eyebrows.

          “I know, it’s a rhetorical question,”

          “Then??? Why you hit me if you don’t expect the answer from me?”

          “It’s called a conversation, honey. When your done playing, you should look it up.”

          “Only if you leave that dark cave you call a bedroom first,”

          Snap, the sound of a camera shutter sounds throughout the room.

          “Wow, I leave you guys alone for an hour and y’all already throwing shade at each other.”

          “Oh, you’re here. What took you so long?”

          “I met Joohyun-unnie along the way. Which reminds me,”

          “What?”

          “You guys wanna come to my house later? Joohyun-unnie is cooking tonight,”

          “sureee” both of them say. After all, it’s Irene’s cooking, who wouldn’t want to eat it for free? Irene Bae is the chef aristocrat, meaning she’s the number one cook in the school, and by extension, Korea.

          The group continues to laze around in the art studio with a few conversations here and there. Even when their classes start again, they didn’t bother to move. The Royals can freely skip class and there isn’t going to be a class using the room, so why bother? Chaeyoung continues her painting, Mina starts to read another book and Yuuji brings out her laptop to edit her pictures.

          Given that they’re the artistic Royals, they like the peaceful creative atmosphere the room gives off. That’s why they often hangout in the art studio or places with a similar atmosphere, like the library.

          However, the atmosphere soon breaks due to Mina spotting a rather curious scene at the front of the school. The art studio is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter