Vanilla & Chocolate

Flirt of War

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo was pacing around in his room, trying to calm his pacing heart. He couldn’t believe it. He really couldn’t believe it! He was going on a date with Soonyoung. He suddenly felt nervous and didn’t know what to do. He was trying to think on how to spend the day perfectly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

 

 

 

 

“Jihoonie~ I have news to tell you!” Soonyoung yells as she enters their room.

 

 

 

Jihoon was sitting on her desk, doing homework when Soonyoung pops out screaming.

 

 

 

“What’s got you so blooming today?” Jihoon momentarily halts her work to stare at her best friend.

 

 

 

Soonyoung continues to smile widely.

 

 

“I’m going on a date with Wonwoo this afternoon.” Soonyoung says dreamingly.

 

 

 

Jihoon wasn’t surprised to hear that. She knew that someday Wonwoo would have the guts to finally ask Soonyoung out but she didn’t expect it to be so soon.

 

 

 

 

“Well congrats Soon. You’re finally graduating from the single life.” Jihoon teases.

“I know right. I can’t believe it either.” Soonyoung plays along.

 

 

 

 

 

“So where’s he taking you?” Jihoon asks.

 

 

 

Soonyoung’s expression quickly changes.

 

 

 

 

“Oh no! I don’t know where we’re going. And what’s worse I don’t know what outfit to wear?! I don’t want to be overdressed or underdressed! This is a fashion crisis!!! I need help Hoon.” Soonyoung panics.

“Relax will you. It’s not the end of the world. I’ll do my best to help you out.” Jihoon calms the older girl down.

“Thanks Hoonie. But I still don’t know where he’s going to take me.” Soonyoung pouts.

 

 

 

Jihoon thinks for a moment and an idea pops into her mind. “I think I can help you with that problem.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So you think going to a movie would be a good first date?” Wonwoo asks Jun.

“Sure. I mean it gives you a chance to hold her hand when you both try to reach out for the popcorn at the same time. And or perhaps get a one large drink and share it with her. Or even better! Go watch a horror movie together and when she gets scared, you’ll be the one to comfort her. Trust me! Soonyoung’s afraid of anything scary. That’s a plus point for you.” Junhui tells the other male.

 

 

 

“What if she doesn’t want to watch a horror movie? Or maybe doesn’t want to watch a movie at all. What do I do then?” Wonwoo asks the possibilities.

“Then go watch some romance movies. She’ll probably like those and if she doesn’t want to watch a movie. Then go eat at some place nice, but not too fancy. You don’t want her to think that you’re trying too hard on the first date. Just take her to some café or something. If you guys aren’t hungry; go take a walk in the park, that’ll probably be enough.” Junhui suggests.

 

 

 

“Thanks for the suggestions Jun. you’re a big help.” Wonwoo tells him.

 

 

“No problem. Although just a heads up...” Junhui starts off. “Don’t try too hard to make it perfect. Just enjoy yourselves and things will turn out just fine.” Junhui finishes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung finally manages to put on the perfect outfit with a help from Jihoon.

 

 

 

“Are you sure this okay? Don’t I look too casual?” Soonyoung asks in worry.

“It’s fine Soon. You look wonderful.” Jihoon replies.

“Really?”

“Really. Now go! You have a date to go to.” Jihoon pushes Soonyoung out of their room and cheers her on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo was in awestruck when he sees Soonyoung later that day. She was dress in casual clothing and she managed to take his breath away.

 

 

Soonyoung smiles as she approaches Wonwoo.

 

 

 

 

“So… Where to today?” Soonyoung asks.

 

 

Wonwoo’s mind momentarily went blank.

 

“Wonwoo-sshi?” Soonyoung calls as she waves a hand in front of his face.

“Huh?” Wonwoo broke from his trance.

“I ask where we’re going.” Soonyoung repeats her question.

“Oh! Ugh.. uhm… Movies?” Wonwoo said uncertain.

“Movies?” Soonyoung repeats. “I love movies. What are we going to watch?” Soonyoung beams.

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo felt his heart ease a bit. “Ugh… Wonder Woman.”

“Superhero movies. I like those.” Soonyoung smiles even wider. “Let’s go!”

 

 

 

The two walk to the cinema. Wonwoo bought some snacks for them. He gave Soonyoung her drink and holds on to his own drink.

 

 

 

“I bought popcorn. I don’t know which flavor you’d like the most so I got four flavors.” He offers the cheese and barbecue one to her.

“I love buttered and cheese popcorn. But barbecue seems good too.” Soonyoung replies and accepts the popcorns.

 

 

Wonwoo wanted to slap himself for not asking her in advance for her preference.

 

The two went inside the cinema and sat side by side, the opening credits started to roll in and Soonyoung was in to the movie.

 

 

 

 

 

Supposedly Wonwoo’s plan or Junhui’s plan in this case was not going well.

 

 

Firstly, it was supposed to be one large drink that they would share but Wonwoo was too scared that he might spill the drink on Soonyoung leaving them none, so he ends up buying two.

Secondly, he should have gone for plain buttered popcorn but no, he just had to order everything.

Lastly, He’s too scared to buy tickets for a horror or romantic movie so he decides for Wonder Woman, though he was more of an Avengers fan than he was of the Justice League, but it was better than nothing.

 

 

 

He can see Junhui’s disappointed face floating around him.

 

 

 

 

‘You should have gone for the horror movie at least.’ Imaginary Junhui tells him.

 

 

 

Wonwoo was too loss in thoughts that he hasn’t realize the movie ended already if Soonyoung hadn’t nudge him.

 

 

 

 

“Are you okay?” Soonyoung asks as they left the cinema.

“I’m fine.” Wonwoo replies. Now thinking where they’d go to next.

“You sure? Cause you seem out of it since the start of the movie.” Soonyoung mentions.

“Was I? I’m sure I was paying attention.” Wonwoo replies.

 

 

Soonyoung gives him the look. Wonwoo looks away and took notice of a restaurant up ahead.

 

 

“Are you hungry?” Wonwoo asks her.

Soonyoung’s eyes widen. “Oh.. A bit.”

“Well there’s this restaurant up ahead. Care to join me?” Wonwoo says.

“Sure.”

 

 

 

 

 

The two walks to the restaurant. And just like the movie it didn’t turn out so well.

 

 

Firstly; the restaurant head waiter was looking them up & down. There outfit was decent, decent enough to get in to the restaurant. But that waiter was eyeing the two of them with his hawk eyes.

Secondly; they had to wait in line since apparently there were a lot of important people who eats there.

Thirdly; their eyes went wide seeing the foods prices.

Lastly; they should have went for a fast food or café.

 

 

 

 

“Uhm… Wonwoo? Do you think we can afford this?” Soonyoung asks, blocking her face with the menu as she whispers at him.

“Honestly… No.” Wonwoo replies doing the same thing.

“I saw a McDonalds up ahead. If we walk fast enough. They won’t notice that we left.” Soonyoung suggests.

“But what about Hawk Eyes over there?” Wonwoo worries.

“He’ll get distracted soon enough. Follow me on the count of three. Okay?” Soonyoung continues. Wonwoo nods.

 

 

 

 

 

“1”

 

 

 

 

“2”

 

 

 

 

“3!”

 

 

 

The two dash out as fast as they can, Hawk Eyes were glaring at them but the two ran as fast as their feet could take them.

 

 

The two were running until they were far enough from the restaurant. They were both out of breath but laugh when they saw each other’s situation.

 

 

 

 

“You look like you’ve just run a marathon.” Soonyoung chuckles.

“You don’t look any better yourself.” Wonwoo replies.

“But I’m sure I’m less hazardous looking than you.” Soonyoung retorts back.

 

 

 

They both laugh it off.

 

 

 

 

“So… McDonalds?” Soonyoung offers as she appoints at the said fast food.

 

 

 

They went in, ordered their food and started eating.

 

 

“Uhm…” Wonwoo started; unable to bite on his cheeseburger.

 

 

Soonyoung looks at him as she ate another fries.

 

 

“Sorry.” Wonwoo apologizes.

“For what?” Soonyoung questions.

“For today’s date. I know it didn’t go well and you’re probably not having any fun and—”

“Who said I wasn’t enjoying myself?” Soonyoung cuts him off.

“You are?” Wonwoo asks in surprise.

“Yeah. Although I admit, it didn’t start out well. You were pretty out of it in the cinema. But that little rendezvous we did earlier, was quite fun. And eating greasy foods like this. Heaven!” Soonyoung smiles.

“I had the most fun I’ve ever had. Thanks to you.” She continues.

 

Wonwoo smiles. “I’m glad to hear that. To be honest I was trying to make this day perfect. I guess I put too much thought into it.”

“Well… you’re having fun now, right?” She asks him.

“Yeah. I am.” Wonwoo replies.

“Good.” Soonyoung replies with a smile.

 

Wonwoo couldn’t help but smile back.

 

 

 

 

The two left the fast food with an ice cream cup each. As Wonwoo sends Soonyoung back to the dorm.

 

 

 

 

“I guess this is the end of the date?” Wonwoo mentions.

“I guess so… But I’ll be waiting for the next date.” Soonyoung says and places a kiss on Wonwoo’s right cheek before heading in.

 

 

 

 

Safe to say, Wonwoo was in Cloud 9 and so was Soonyoung who felt embarrass after realizing what she did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other hand:

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon finally finishes her homework and just in time since Junhui sents her a message.

 

 

 

From: Wen Junnie ;)

Jihoonie~ If you’re not too busy. Care for a date today?

 

From: Uri Fairy <3

Just finish school work. Sure.

 

From: Wen Junnie ;)

Already outside your dorm.

 

From: Uri Fairy <3

Were you outside this whole time?

 

From: Wen Junnie ;)

Maybe~ :*

 

From: Uri Fairy <3

I’ll be down in 3 minutes. ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon sees Junhui staring at his phone, laughing at something.

 

 

 

“What’s so funny?” Jihoon asks.

 

Junhui looks up and smiles at Jihoon. “I was watching a few clips of some animal videos.”

 

“You and your love for animals.” Jihoon shakes her head.

 

 

 

 

 

The two walks around the city and spends the day as always. Jihoon and Junhui were looking at musical instruments shop since Jihoon wanted to look around for a new guitar.

 

 

 

 

“Uhm Hoonie~ There’s something I’d like to ask you.” Junhui asks.

“What is it?” Jihoon asks as she moves from the piano section to the string section.

“Would you come over to my apartment today?” Junhui asks, looking down so as not to look Jihoon in the eye.

 

 

 

Jihoon was surprised and was of course uncertain of Jun’s intention.

 

 

 

“Mhmm… Maybe. Why?” Jihoon replies.

“It’s just… I really need you to go with me.” Jun was literally giving her puppy eyes and so she agreed.

 

 

 

 

 

As they arrived at Jun’s apartment Jun suddenly covers Jihoon’s eyes as they entered his house.

 

 

 

 

“Junhui. What are you planning now?” Jihoon asks.

“Just wait and continue to close your eyes.” Jun simply replies.

“Is this going to be one of your plans on surprising me? Coz if it is, you know it’s not gonna work.” Jihoon tells him off.

“I know. I know. You hate surprises but I’m sure you’ll like this one.” Jun replies.

 

 

 

Jihoon hates surprises and Junhui knows she hates surprises, which is quite funny since they end up getting together due to a surprise event, details aren’t so important right now.

 

 

 

Jun slowly opens the door to his room and leads Jihoon in, halting her just a few meters away from his bed.

 

 

 

“Okay. Open your eyes now.” Jun orders as he uncovers his hand from Jihoon’s eyes. Jihoon blinks and then stares at the ‘item’ that was on Junhui’s bed. She turns back to Junhui with an unreadable expression while the boy was anticipating for her next reaction.

 

 

 

 

“You didn’t?” Jihoon questions.

“I did.” Junhui says smiling.

 

 

 

 

 

“You know I’m not ready for this.” Jihoon says, face turning to worry.

“I know. That’s why I did it.” Junhui replies cheekily.

 

 

 

 

He takes hold of Jihoon’s left hand and leads her to his bed. Jihoon was now at close reach of the ‘item.’

 

 

 

 

“Well…. Aren’t you going to—”

 

 

 

Junhui wasn’t even able to finish his sentence and just lets out a chuckle when he saw the younger approaching the said ‘item.’ Jihoon stares at it and contemplating for a few seconds before deciding to just go with it.

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon goes to sit on Junhui’s bed and hugs the giant stuff bear tightly. Laughing and giggling and just enjoying how soft and fluffy it was, not to mention its size. Junhui smiles at her reaction. Jihoon just look so cute hugging a giant bear and smiling so widely.

 

 

 

“Why are you so cute?” Junui sighs dreamingly.

 

 

 

Jihoon stops hugging the bear then pouts at Jun.

 

 

 

 

“I’m not cute!” She denies.

Junhui just laughs again. “Yes you are. You’re the prettiest, cutest and most adorable person in the world. And I’m glad you’re mine.”

 

 

 

Jihoon pouts again making her even cuter. Junhui approaches her ands sits on his bed as well.

 

 

 

“No I’m not.” Jihoon denies. “This bear’s cuter. Also why did you buy such a huge teddy bear?” She continues.

“Yes you are. And I just happen to buy it since it was on sale and it reminded me of you. Junhui replies.

“So you see me as a bear?” Jihoon questions.

“No. I see you as a very cute person who seems cute on the outside but is very tough in the inside.” Junhui explains.

 

 

 

Jihoon pouts once more and just hugs the bear again, nuzzling on its fluffy neck and face. Junhui pouts feeling envious of the bear.

 

 

 

“You’re hugging the bear so sweetly as if it was your boyfriend.” Junhui says.

Jihoon stares at him with a raised brow. “Are you seriously jealous of a stufftoy?”

“No.” Junhui pouts. “Maybe…. Only cause you’re hugging it like your life depends on it. I mean it’s cute and fluffy but it’s not the only cute and fluffy thing her—”

 

 

 

Junhui stops rambling when he felt a pair of soft lips on his right cheek. Jihoon breaks from the kiss and looks at Junhui. The boy turns red from her gaze but finds back his composure.

 

 

 

 

“Say…. Can I perhaps have a kiss here?” Junhui says as he points to his lips.

 

 

 

 

Jihoon ignores him and goes back to hugging the bear. Junhui was crestfallen but slowly smiles back seeing Jihoon’s cute smile as she hugs the bear. He just settles to gaze at Jihoon.

 

 

 

“Well I tried.” Junhui shrugs it off.

 

 

 

 


 

So... I updated this story. This wasn't supposed to be updated but I thought SoonWoo desrves a date and we need to have a glimpse of JunHoon. Also the title really has a double meaning to it. Ice cream = Sweet ^^

 

Anyay enjoy your day :)

-Kaye :3