The Art of Flirting or so I think...

Flirt of War

 


 

 

“I’m telling you Hoonie~ He’s really really handsome and I think I just made a fool of myself earlier.” Soonyoung whines as she rolls all over her best friend’s bed.

“First of all, Get off my bed! You have your own over there. Second of all, you’re stupid! Just approach the guy.” Jihoon had no mercy when it comes to her things so it was no surprise that the latter just pushes her best friend off her bed.

 

Soonyoung just whines and mumbles: “Meanie!” Before sticking a tongue at her best friend and transfers to her own bed.

 

“I’m having a romantic problem and all you care is your bed!” Soonyoung continues to whines.

“Even if you’re my best friend. My bed is my bed and I don’t want anybody on it.” Jihoon says confidently.

“Not even Junhui?” Soonyoung teases.                                          

 

The shorter girl stops what she was doing and gives Soonyoung a glare.

 

“Junhui’s a different story. And besides… Boys aren’t allowed at the girl’s dorm.” Jihoon explains nonchalantly.

“Sadly, this is a mixed dorm so there’s a possibility.” Soonyoung replies, continuing to tease the shorter girl.

“What is it that you really want from me?” Jihoon stares at her best friend intently.

 

The older girl, glad to finally have the younger’s attention, smiles and continues to tell her story.

 

“Well~ Remember that cute guy I keep mentioning about.” Soonyoung starts it off.

“Yeah. That really really handsome guy, whose so tall and charming and whose gaze could melt you away. What about it?” Jihoon replies sarcastically.

“Tch! Whatever. Anyway~ I was tryna flirt with him earlier yet I end up tripping on a pile of books that was left on the floor and made a fool of myself. I mean who leaves a bunch of books on the floor?! Who even reads on the floor of the library? There’s a thing called a table.” Soonyoung continues to complain.

“Are you mad that you’re a terrible flirt? Or are you mad that some people tends to read while sitting on the floor?” Jihoon asks, trying to make sure.

 

Soonyoung just gives her a stink eye.

 

“I’m mad at both. Now he’ll remember me as that clumsy girl at the library.” Soonyoung whines once more.

“On the bright side… At least he’ll remember you.” Jihoon tried to reassure.

“That’s not helping at all!” Soonyoung just cries at that. And Jihoon just puts on her headphone and listens to music, hoping Soonyoung wouldn’t ask her anymore questions.

 

 

Days have pass and Soonyoung tries her best to avoid the library at all cost so why was she’s standing in front of the library doors holding a couple of books and her feet frozen on the floor.

 

 

“Soonyoung-unnie~ C’mon! The others are waiting for me inside.” Minghee was looking at her expectantly.

“You-You go on first Minghee. I’ll follow suit.” Soonyoung tells the younger girl.

 

The younger Chinese girl was staring at Soonyoung before deciding to pull her along inside the library.

 

 

And now Soonyoung was sitting in a table surrounded by a group of college freshmen, and she was the only sophomore present. Soonyoung isn’t one to shy away when it comes to making friends but seeing that these students were busy having a study session and she so happens to tag along, not expecting that they planned to meet at the library, her so-called taboo place, she was now feeling more awkward than ever.

 

 

Soonyoung stands up, catching Minghee and some of the others attention.

 

“Where are you going unnie?” Minghee asks curiously.

“Ugh… You guys seems so focus and I don’t want to disturb, so I’ll just go look around and look for some books.” Soonyoung tries to explain.

“Bringing your books along?” Minghee adds.

“Ah… The books? Ah yeah… I was… Going to find a place to read them. I didn’t want to disturb you guys.” Soonyoung tries to make something up.

 

Minghee saw Soonyoung’s expression and she let out a sigh.

 

“Go on. You can go if you want. I won’t stop you.” Minghee says.

 

Soonyoung hugs Minghee as she thanked her and mouthed a ‘Sorry’ to the younger girl. She waves them goodbye before quickly leaving not watching her steps.

 

 

She ends up tripping on another pile of books and was expecting to hit the floor but it never happened. Instead she felt a pair of strong arms holding her. She looks up to see the guy she was trying to avoid all week.

 

“Are you really this clumsy? You seem to always trip whenever we meet.” The said guy chuckles at her.

 

Soonyoung felt her cheeks flushed red. maybe coz of what he said and maybe coz she was still in his arms.

 

“Ah… I… Can you let me go?” She managed to say.

 

The guy notices he was still holding her and quickly moves his hands away.

 

“Sorry… I didn’t meant to.” He apologizes.

 

Soonyoung mentally hits herself. Why was she suddenly being rude to the guy who practically saved her from falling once more. Why was she being a jerk to theat really really handsome guy who can charm you with his—

 

 

 

And there goes her thoughts again.

 

“Uhm… Are you looking for any books?” The handsome guy tries to break off the awkward tension that was surrounding them.

 

Soonyoung sees this as an opportunity to redeem herself.

 

“Yeah. I am… Ugh… Do you know where the… (looks at her surrounding and sees a gardening book below her) gardening books are?” Soonyoung was too late to realize how stupid she just sounded.

The guy actually saw her staring at the pile of books on the floor, and chuckles internally.

 

“Yeah. I do. They happen to be in this area.” He answers pointing to the rows of books beside them.

 

Soonyoung mentally slaps herself this time.

 

‘Great! I embarrassed myself one more time.’

 

Soonyoung awkwardly smiles and gives him a nod.

 

“Thanks.” She managed to say and turns around to do her so-called search for gardening books.

“You’re welcome.” She heard him reply. Just as she thought he was leaving, she felt a sudden presence beside her.

“Are you perhaps an agriculture major?” the deep voice asks her.

 

Soonyoung turns to her right just to have her face inches from his. She swore she could feel him breathing.

 

He moves back. “Sorry~ I was just curious.” He says as he rubs the back of his neck.

 

Soonyoung giggles at that. He was nervous, she could tell.

 

“To be honest with you. I’m not. I was just being stupid.” She says honestly.

The guy looks at her and smiles shyly. “Then may I know what course you’re taking up?”

Soonyoung looks at him and slyly smiles “Why are you so curious?”

“I was just wondering what kind of course a clumsy girl like you have. Is that so wrong to ask?” He tried to defend himself.

Soonyoung chuckles at that. “You really want to know? Then you’ll have to give me your name first.” Soonyoung tries to flirt.

“I won’t tell you my name unless you tell me yours.” The guy flirts back.

 

Soonyoung didn’t take him to be the type to play-hard-to-get but then again, Soonyoung didn’t take herself to be the type to flirt anyway.

 

 

 

“Wonwoo!” A loud yell was heard followed by a couple of Shh.

 

 

An awfully familiar young man came up to the two.

 

“Wonwoo~ I was looking for you I need you to— Oh! Soonyoung? What are you doing here?” The said familiar guy says.

“Junhui… It’s the library. What do you think would I be doing here?” Soonyoung replies.

“You know her Jun?” the deep voiced male interrupts and asks his friend.

“Ah Wonwoo! I forgot you’re there. Anyway yeah. She’s my girlfriend’s best friend.” Jun replies, then slaps himself for saying that seeing Soonyoung’s reaction.

 

“So you two are dating!” Soonyoung says in excitement and followed by another batch of Hushes.

“Yes. Yes. But please don’t tell Jihoon you know. She’d kill me if anybody found out. Especially you.” Jun begs to Soonyoung.

“Why would you guys keep it a secret? And from me of all people. I mean I’m her best friend.” Soonyoung asks; feeling hurt by her realization.

“Because she knew how’d you react. You’ll go crazy.” Jun mumbles, not expecting Soonyoung to hear it.

 

Soonyoung was ready to hit Jun when the latter hid behind his friend, Wonwoo.

 

“Oh! I didn’t mean to hit you.” Soonyoung apologizes to Wonwoo

“It’s okay. This idiot of a friend of mine tends to use me as a human wall.” Wonwoo explains.

“Sorry again… Wonwoo… I somehow still got your name.” Soonyoung laughs.

“And I got yours too, Soonyoung.” Wonwoo says with a small smile.

 

Soonyoung felt herself blush just hearing the guy saying her name.

 

“And I’m Jun. so is there something I’m missing here?” Jun ruins the moment.

 

“Oh yes! You’ll end up losing a toe unless you explain to me how you and Jihoon got together.” Soonyoung threatens.

“Wonwoo save me!” Jun clings to his friend, the taller just brushes him off.

“I’ll tell you next time! Bye!” Jun rans off but comes back yelling “Wonwoo! There’s a party later at Seungcheol’s place. Be there!” And rans off again, since the librarian was giving Jun a glare.

“He got away again. I’ll get him to tell me next time.” Soonyoung blew a raspberry.

 

 

Wonwoo chuckles at her cute expression. “You never got to tell me, how you and Jun knew each other.” He mentions.

“Oh! Well Jun’s my classmate. I’m the one who introduced him to Jihoon and—” Soonyoung stops, realizing what she just said.

 

Wonwoo smirks and whispers to her ear. “So you’re a dancer~ You’re a dance major.”

 

Soonyoung felt her ears and cheeks turn red from the close contact.

 

“I-I… You…” Soonyong couldn’t even form words.

“Wanna come to a party later? I want to see if someone as clumsy as you can really dance.” Wonwoo whispers once more to Soonyoung’s ear.

 

Soonyoung was bright red by now and pushes Wonwoo aside.

 

“I’m not clumsy. You just so happen to see me at a bad time. And F.Y.I .I’m an ‘Amazing’ dancer.” Soonyoung explains, face still hot all over.

Wonwoo laughs at that. He smiles at her and says: “Then I’ll be expecting you at the party then.”

Soonyoung takes a breath and smirks at him. “You better prepare yourself. Wonwoo~”

 


 

 

This actually makes no sense, but who cares it SoonWoo ^^ and a dash of JunHoon :)

and I ended up writing this instead of our script for our movie >.<